Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

A PLACE TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE SONGS AND VIDEO'S ...

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?   AN OLD OLD SONG BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND OR SOMETHING NEW YOU JUST HEARD...  YOUR IPOD CATALOG OF FAVORITES OR YOUR FAVORITE CD BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND..   WHATEVER IT IS,  STOP BY AND SHARE IT HERE, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

Listening to a great fun group .. well at least in my humble opinion : )

Alabama 3    If you have never heard them, give these a try.  For those of you who watched The Sopranos  I am sure you will recognize Work Up This Morning.

Alabama 3 - Hello... I'm johnny cash
3 min - Jul 30, 2007
Uploaded by Pauliefemo

youtube.com

Alabama 3 - Woke up This Morning
4 min - Jul 31, 2007
Uploaded by Pauliefemo

youtube.com

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nancy8405

Hi

That's great that you got to go!!  I love live music concerts.. there is nothing like them for the spontaneous group feelings that they evoke.  When you are watching someone you love and everyone knows the words to all their songs and there is that great group energy  it is just magic.  Good for you.  The Doobies are another group that just keeps rolling along.  Saw Michael McDonald a few years ago and so is he : )

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Diane

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by glendaann

Hi

another great video  and Fats is a huge part of music history.. always great to listen to.  Thanks for the post.

0 Kudos

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nancy8405

Isn't it a thrill to still get to go to concerts? Glad to hear they're still good and that you  obviously had a wonderful time since you chair danced.

glenda

0 Kudos
Contributor

I saw The Doobie Brothers in concert this week and, let me tell you, they were great!!!   It was so much fun!  There are still three members from the original group and they got the crowd involved with singing and clapping.  I did stand at one point but, didn't want to block the people behind me so, I did a lot of chair dancing !!  Their new songs were also good.  A lot of times you go see an old group and you just don't like the new songs but, their's were good.  I think I'll buy their new album.......I mean CD !

0 Kudos

I like her a lot, her videos are cute, and it's good to hear a young one singing a version like from how long ago?

Today, however, after reading your tribute post, I'm listening to Fats. I liked the slide show video of this song.

Blueberry Hill - Fats Domino Tribute Slideshow
2 min - Aug 3, 2007
Uploaded by jeffrok

youtube.com

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hi

Yes, most bands that I see consider it rude for the front to sit down  : )

but then of course there are different venues  and crowds etc.  That said, as you pointed out it would be hard to sit through a concert like that one.  Glad you had a chance to do it. 

I have been listening to a new artist Dionne Bromfield covering some old songs from my youth... here is a sample.  See what you think.

Dionne Bromfield - Foolish Little Girl
3 min - Sep 23, 2009
Uploaded by DionneBromfield

youtube.com

Dionne Bromfield - Mama Said
3 min - Oct 14, 2009
Uploaded by DionneBromfield

youtube.com

0 Kudos

I was surprised too, Diane,but although I now qualify as an elder there were several couples way older than me sitting between us and the young ones up front, so that was probably why they were asked to sit down. However, I've got to tell you that didn't last as everybody started standing up, remained standing and those older than me were lost from my view plus my attention was glued to the stage.   Glad for the big screens so the older ones got to see something as obviously their hearts and spirits were in the right place.

0 Kudos

i saw their performance on The View. How wonderful!! I now have my name on the list at the library for their CD.

And how can you not like Bon Jovi. As far am I'm concerned Jon could stand on stage and mediate and it'd still be fun to watch! 🙂

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hey

That is great that you got good seats and shared this great show with your daughter.  I am really happy for you!   Leon still performs as well as he always has  or so it looked to me and being a home town guy all the better eh?  : )

Diane

ps  I was surprised at the people telling the guys in the front to sit down.  It was a concert ??  but maybe I am too used to the rockers eh : )

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by bonjovi

Hi J

Glad that you enjoyed your concert.  These guys are pretty good.  

Looks like you found some Bon Jovi fans right here.. and that is not surprising because they are all over : )

I did not catch him on TV. I was watching  That Metal Show.  They had on Jeff and Frank from Tesla and Chuck Billy..   wow  it was a good show.

Also on last night was the season finale of Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp.  Brett Michaels came in for the finale.  I really enjoyed this season!

Wonder if there are any other fans of That Metal Show here?

Diane

0 Kudos

Hi all. Leon Russell and Elton John. There is much better video to be youtubed of these two especially from appearances on GMA and The View, however I was at this concert Friday night, and this is how the show opened, this is what I saw. No fanfare. Elton John simply walked on stage to introduce Leon. My daughter and I were in the 6th row behind the young men you'll see standing in the front row so we really got to SEE. I can't even begin to tell you what a fantastic concert this was. Tickets were expensive, but (hint for your children) this was my early Christmas present from daughter.

Elton John introduces Leon Russell BOK
4 min - 14 hours ago
Uploaded by preservemusic

youtube.com

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by cindyak

Hi Cindy,

You and me both.  I did know he was on Letterman and I recorded it.  He was also on the Today show on Friday and I recorded that also.  I'm on the bands e-mail list so I always get updates of any tv appearances.  Some friends of mine are going to see him in Vegas.  One offered to pay my way but I couldn't let her do that.  He'll come here again one day and when he does I'll be there.

Here's a band that opened for "Dawes" last night.  There name is "The Romany Rye".  I really enjoyed them and bought their CD for $10.00.  Very good.

Janese

The Romany Rye "All The Boys"
5 min - Jun 14, 2010
Uploaded by barnelby

youtube.com

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi D,

Never heard this artist before.  Will give a listen later.  Trying to get some messages answered before going to the nursing home.  Concert was great last night.  Had a good time.

J.

0 Kudos

Did you see Bon Jovi on Letterman this past week? could watch them all day long

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hey J

Enjoy your concert : )

Listening to

Lene Marlin - Disguise Have you ever felt some kind of emptiness inside ... don't know.. but when you read the lyrics to this song.. and most of other Lene's ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoap1S-QdIQ - Cached

lene singing sorry live from her second album another day
il.youtube.com/watch?v=C8MYvZ0fkoM&feature=related - Cached
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi Cindy,

Glad you enjoyed it.  Concert tonight.  I'm really looking forward to it.

Discovered a music channel on my cable called Palladia and today I'm watching my favorite band Bon Jovi Unplugged.

Janese

0 Kudos

i like them. i will have to see if i can get something from the library. Thanks. i always love new music

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi Cindy,

I love Leona Lewis.  She has actually been around since 2006.  She was the winner of the X Factor which is Britains version of American Idol.  I especially love "Bleeding Love."

Today I'm listening to "Dawes".  They are a band from the Laurel Canyon area which is the area that gave us Crosby, Stills and Nash as well as many others.  Going to see "Dawes" in concert tomorrow night.  This will be the second time I've seen them.  The first time they opened for someone else.  This time they are the main act.

Janese

Rated 5.0 out of 5.0

- 5 min - May 12, 2010

Official music video for Dawes "When My Time Comes" from the album "North Hills" available now on ATO Records. Director: Adam & Aaron ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQEj_9IhJSo

0 Kudos

While you were walking in the weather we had yesterday, I was youtubing. 1st is Bonnie then. So many greats on that stage and all so young.

2nd is Bonnie now. Her voice just doesn't quit. Bonnie and Becca, mother and daughter.

Delaney, Bonnie & Friends - Comin' Home
7 min - Aug 12, 2006
Uploaded by rhye999

youtube.com

BONNIE & BEKKA BRAMLETT "Strongest Weakness" 3rd & Lindsley ...

Rated 4.8 out of 5.0

- 6 min - Mar 10, 2009 - Uploaded by PricillaAnnsVideo

www.myspace.com "www.myspace.com Knock, knock, knocking - and Heaven's doors opened for those listening to Bonnie & Bekka ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-21KXil3JA - more videos »

0 Kudos

we are lucky to have sunshine and blue skies with mild temps here today. just came back from a walk with Marvin playing on my ipod. Mercy Mercy Me

0 Kudos

Nothing like a little Delbert to liven up a chill, gloomy day for me.

Delbert McClinton - Every Time I Roll the Dice
4 min - Nov 7, 2009
Uploaded by petebradt

youtube.com

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

How about some 3 Doors Down

3 Doors Down - Landing in London - 7 of 13 ...

5 min - Sep 8, 2006 - Uploaded by zounds
I woke up today in London As the plane was touching down All I could think about was Monday Maybe I'd be back around If ...
youtube.com -
Related videos

3 Doors Down - Behind Those Eyes - 8 of 13 ...

4 min - Sep 25, 2006 - Uploaded by zounds
Live at the Rock Am Ring Festival, Nürburgring, Germany, 5th June 2005
youtube.com -
Related videos

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by Stratocat

Hi

and thanks for joining in.  Okay  I have to admit to never having listened to Porcupine Tree  so I listened to this one

here is the click on link  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tRAS_yi5xQ

and I liked it so I will have to go and check out some more of their music. 

Thank you and hope to see you here often : )

Diane

oh and ps  you can put a playlist in your profile and post youtube links here but that's about all I know you can do.

0 Kudos

Hi everyone.  I'm new around here, and I'm still learning to navigate, but I thought I would give this a try.  I play music, so when I saw there was a group called Rock n Roll, I just kind of jumped in.  I got a nice welcome note from nyadrn too!  This past week I've been listening to one of my favorite Porcupine Tree albums called "In Absentia".  I couldn't figure out a way to post an mp3 on here, so I dug up a you tube link to a song called "Drown With Me" which wasn't on the album as it was originally released in America, but is now included on the bonus "B" disc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tRAS_yi5xQ

Enjoy...Malcolm

0 Kudos

another good newer artist is Leona Lewis. Such a beautiful voice

0 Kudos

On his first album If I had Wings is a beautiful song. On that I also like History in the Making. His new CD just came out. The only song I have heard is The Comeback Song which is quite snappy

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sounds like you had a good day of listening there.  I cannot say I have listened to Darius Rucker solo.  Do you have a couple of favorite songs to check out?

I like Duffy...  her Warwick Avenue went right to my ipod : )  thanks!

0 Kudos

Tulsa finally named a street after Leon, and I got to attend the ceremony last night just a week before he returns to town along with Elton John. Below is a link for a petition to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to request that they induct Leon Russell. Watch the video and you'll know he deserves this honor. Leon is still rockin, and my granddaughter became a Leon fan after going to his Birthday Bash this past April.

Thanks to any who sign. It's safe and easy. I'm #3080, a Leon-Lifer, glenda.

http://www.petitiononline.com/LRRRHOF/petition.html

Jumpin' Jack Flash/Young Blood - Leon Russell ...
9 min - Jan 31, 2009
Uploaded by LowDeath23

youtube.com

0 Kudos

i had my Darius Rucker CD going. Loved his voice and missed him between Hootie and now. Wasn't sure he would be believable as a country singer but i could listen to his music all day.

if you are looking for something newer try Duffy who has a raspy 60's kind of voice(to me). nothing trashy but good music.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP