Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

A PLACE TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE SONGS AND VIDEO'S ...

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?   AN OLD OLD SONG BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND OR SOMETHING NEW YOU JUST HEARD...  YOUR IPOD CATALOG OF FAVORITES OR YOUR FAVORITE CD BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND..   WHATEVER IT IS,  STOP BY AND SHARE IT HERE, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Super Contributor

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

Well, it seems you can find just about anything on youtube.

J.

Periodic Contributor

you can even find "Eating Aunt Matilda's Double Yummy Blow Your Mind Out Brownies" - does ANYBODY else remember that song sorry for the double post, but I forgot to check "email me" on the first post ๐Ÿ™‚

Ellsie
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

you can even find "Eating Aunt Matilda's Double Yummy Blow Your Mind Out Brownies" - does ANYBODY else remember that song?
Ellsie
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by bonjovi

I watched the show Intervention tonight and wondered about the music they play at the end..   I was surprised to find in on youtube

The Davenports- Five Steps (Saving Private Ryan)
2 min 31 sec - Apr 6, 2009
Uploaded by zeldahalomanhunt

www.youtube.com

Super Contributor

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

Thanks Diane.  Always loved that one and of course I have his greatest hits as well but you probably knew that. ๐Ÿ™‚

Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by bonjovi

Hi J

I know what you mean.  Most of us listen to these great songs from collections we have or on the radio etc.. Sometimes I go to youtube and then just find myself looking at all kinds of things.  I love the old videos of my favorites...   Robert Palmer and his great videos  Zeppelin and then just tons of others. 

Today listening to Bryan Adams, I went and found this terrific video to his beautiful song.

Diane

Bryan Adams - Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?

4 min 57 sec - Oct 31, 2008 - Uploaded by bryanadams
Video director: Anton Corbijn Shot in Spain at Casa las Pavos Reales, Malaga Starring Cecilie Thomsen and Amira
youtube.com -
Related videos

this was found through google and so it is different from the youtube direct posts which I know you now J. 

Periodic Contributor

still listen to vinyl and cassettes; do have some CD's, and sometimes the cable 70's music channel - everything from The Beatles to Zappa - but really big on Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (single, duo, trio, quad - if you're a fan, you'll know what I mean), Dylan, & Clapton. As for new SuanTedeski  & DrerekTrucks really kick out some rockin' new tunes!

Ellsie
Honored Social Butterfly

@lc8091 wrote:

still listen to vinyl and cassettes; do have some CD's, and sometimes the cable 70's music channel - everything from The Beatles to Zappa - but really big on Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (single, duo, trio, quad - if you're a fan, you'll know what I mean), Dylan, & Clapton. As for new SuanTedeski  & DrerekTrucks really kick out some rockin' new tunes!

My husband and I are huge fans so we definitely do know what you mean re Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young!  Kudos to you for mentioning them, from single thru quad.  Other than their trio and quad work, my particular favorite is Crosby & Nash as a duo. Smiley Happy

(BTW, I do not remember that Aunt Matilda song, but am wondering how I managed to miss it; that title makes it sound unforgettable!) 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

Thanks Diane.  I have a CD of all his hits.  Love it.  I don't go to youtube too often since I have so much to listen to here at home but I do like to use it to check out new artists or to share new artists with others.

J.

Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by bonjovi

Here is a great song you don't hear much anymore   Bad Case of Lovin You  Robert Palmer

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QNLfQkHQlE8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QNLfQkHQlE8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

this was the embedded code from youtube

this is the share code  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNLfQkHQlE8

Regular Contributor

Sailing Shoes, Sneaking Sally thru the Ally. one more but can't remember ; Robert Palmer !
Great tunes !
Honored Social Butterfly

Mark Knopfler at Madison Square Garden, 2019

great concert!

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

Carly Simon Greatest Hits on YouTube.
Itโ€™s just 
โ€œThe right thing to doโ€  lol  ๐ŸŽผ๐Ÿ’œ

Super Contributor

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

Hey D

No problemo!  I was just asking out of curiosity.  Keep on experimenting.

J.

Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by bonjovi

Hi

I was not saying that was a better link.. I was just looking at the differences in how they appear here and how they work depending on where you get the source code from.  That's all.  Actually I am surprised and happy that they work.  I havn't tried using graphics much in these posts other than regular pictures.  I will have to check those out as well.  Anyway, just testing things.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

Hi D

Guess I don't understand why you posted this link since it is the same as mine.  Clicking on mine takes you there and then when I arrow back I end up back here.  When I click on the one you posted I have to arrow back at least 10 times to get back here.  Can you tell me why your link is better than the one I posted which was the embedded code from youtube?  Just asking.

J.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Bob Dylan - which is also a trivia question answer...

Question:  Name the only two type of musicians in the world?

Answer:  Bob Dylan ... and those that wish they were Bob Dylan.

Honored Social Butterfly

@FurmanaTTor wrote:

Bob Dylan - which is also a trivia question answer...

Question:  Name the only two type of musicians in the world?

Answer:  Bob Dylan ... and those that wish they were Bob Dylan.

Welcome, FurmanaTTor !  You don't mind jumping in with a definite opinion, do you?! Smiley Very Happy   Bob Dylan makes for good listening...

Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by bonjovi

Hi J

from google

Dawes "When My Time Comes" Official Video
5 min - May 12, 2010
Uploaded by dawesthebandofficial

www.youtube.com

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by BaronVonTollbooth

Here is Annie Brooks  "When"

Annie Brooks "When"
5 min - May 21, 2010
Uploaded by anniebee03

www.youtube.com

Retired Moderator

Love it. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Who rmembers dancing to this?

Take On Me  -  a-ha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHAXKQtaeG4

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Super Contributor

Today I'm listening to "Dawes".  They are from Los Angeles, California and were the opening act for "Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros."  Here is a link to their song " When My Time Comes". 

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rQEj_9IhJSo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rQEj_9IhJSo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Annie Brooks, new artist out of Durango, Colorado. In her 20's with a beautiful voice, reminiscent of early Laura Nyro or Judy Collins. Album is not available in stores, just on the net, entitled "June"

Here's a link to her latest video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRahXwdIK-A

Super Contributor

In Response to Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

Great choice Diane.  No music for me yesterday.  Busy catching up on some reading.

J.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

Melissa Etheridge - Bring Me Some Water (Live)

3 min 53 sec - Oct 7, 2009 - Uploaded by MelissaEtheridgeVEVO
Music video by Melissa Etheridge performing Bring Me Some Water. (C) 1988 The Island Def Jam Music Group, a Division of UMG ...
youtube.com -
Related videos

Honored Social Butterfly

Etta James, Gladys Knight and Chaka Khan with BB King  Ain't Nobody's Business

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

Bob Dylan  Serve Somebody (SNL preformance 1979)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

Earth, Wind & Fire   After The Love Is Gone (live)

Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

LISTENING TO MELISSA

Melissa Etheridge - Enough Of Me

4 min 13 sec - Jan 16, 2008 - Uploaded by AlexParksFan
this is Melissa's video of the song Enough of me. enjoy ๐Ÿ˜ƒ COPYRIGHT TO MELISSA ETHERIDGE
youtube.com -
Related videos

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP