Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

The Sound Of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel

Periodic Contributor

The Sound Of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel

The most recent version by Singer Artist Disturbed. Lead singer in band. S&G (Simon & Garfunkel) 1964, thought provoking to me (without visual, great listening) smooth, and calming in part.  The version ( on  YouTube) is tempo tenseness climbing tones. Interesting. Visuals used in the latter. (Okay, but dark) Silence does not always impart dark setting. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I agree that silence need not always be accompanied by darkness but even the S&G version had a bit of a dark tone to my ears. I think that sometimes watching so many videos changes the way we hear songs. But I think that they're entertaining at the same time. I like the Disturbed version but I also liked and enjoy still, the S&G version as well. I hope that one day yet another artist might put an interesting spin on it as well. Maybe Radiohead or Dolly Parton, I wonder how they might see fit to present it. Things like this we probably may never know though.

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Disturbed The Sound of Silence

Hi @phyllisdjackson  I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. This is the video by Disturbed. A masterful cover, IMHO. Though I agree that the visuals are a titch hyperbolic.

Perhaps you'd prefer this live version?

Disturbed live on Conan

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP