Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Info Seeker

Re: The Songs About Getting Older

Message 81 of 230 (621 Views)

In a land where we will never grow old by the Church Sisters on Larry's Country Diner

Info Seeker

Message 82 of 230 (622 Views)

Rocking Chair by George Jones. It's a great commentary on getting older.

Info Seeker

Message 83 of 230 (585 Views)

Enjoy Yourself, Its later than you think by Guy Lumbardo!

Conversationalist

Message 84 of 230 (533 Views)

When I Grow up (to be a man)  by the Beach Boys

Chuck W.
Info Seeker

Message 85 of 230 (548 Views)

In My Life by The Beatles

Info Seeker

Message 86 of 230 (478 Views)

Life goes on. John cougar Mellencamp

Silver Conversationalist

Re: Every thing must change: ODETA ADAMS

Message 87 of 230 (473 Views)

I do not worry about aging, because every thing will change. Winter turn to spring, young become the old, nothing remain the same. i thank my Lord that I am able to care for my self, go where I want to go, I have a great mind, I am able to assist other at the Senior Center where I live in Lombard, IL  I am able drive my car to visit my friends and family, I am trully blessed at 72 years young:

Info Seeker

Message 88 of 230 (469 Views)

"Old Friends" by Simon & Garfunkel.

Info Seeker

Message 89 of 230 (421 Views)

"In My Life" by the Beatles.

Amazingly prescient for Lennon & McCartney to be able to write this in their mid- twenties.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 90 of 230 (433 Views)

This is a hard one. There are a lot of good ones. But, most "getting older" songs are depressing like the Bee Gees' How Can You Mend A Broken Heart (I can think of younger days...etc... and live again), or "I Can't Go Back" (Bruce Springsteen), or accepting the inevitable "Autumn Of My Life" (Bobby Goldsboro). Even just "Reminicing" (Little River Band) leaves a meloncholly after-taste of "gone forever" behind. When You And I Were Young Maggie (traditional), or All Those Years Ago (George Harrison) were more up-beat, but still "in the past". Remember Christmas (Nilsson ) and Remember When.(Alan Jackson) leaves a yearning for the past (in spite of the bad times) that can't be fulfilled. And even For the Good Times (Elvis) leaves a sense of regret for not being able to "go back". The only song I can think of, that tries to bring the best of the past into the present, is One Time For Old Times.(38 Special). Even tho I pick this song by default, it's still a pretty darned good song.