Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

SONG TITLES and SONGS about DISTANCES & TRAVEL

Recognized Social Butterfly

SONG TITLES and SONGS about DISTANCES & TRAVEL

I'll try to get this topic started with these song titles about DISTANCES/TRAVELING   ...........

*Travelin' Man     Ricky Nelson   which made it to #1 in 1961

*I Ran (So Far Away)     Flock of Seagulls

For a different approach, songs about  DISTANCES/TRAVELING...........

*Walk Away Renee'     The Left Banke

*Ferry Across The Mersey     Gerry & The Pacemakers

Uh, I am sorry if I led off with songs which you may have wanted to post here. How about this....wait a while and then post it....or post it now ! You see, repetition is OKAY Man Wink

Please understand, there's lots of freedom and latitude with this topic. Be creative....let's have plenty of laughs and plenty of wows like:  "Wow, I wish I had thought of that one!!" "Wow, that's a good one!!

Merely OneTokeOTL
Regular Social Butterfly

Harry Nillson; Everybody's Talking

(I'm going where the sun keeps shining, sailing on a summer breeze)

Periodic Contributor

Good one! I love this song.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Good one. I should have thought of that because I love that song!

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

@canarybird wrote:

Good one. I should have thought of that because I love that song!

Who are you replying to?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I thought I was replying to the person who entered Harry Nillson's song "Everybody's Talking"; sorry for the confusion - this is my first time posting on AARP.

Regular Social Butterfly

@canarybird wrote:

I thought I was replying to the person who entered Harry Nillson's song "Everybody's Talking"; sorry for the confusion - this is my first time posting on AARP.

Oh, that was me. I had a hard time with it, too. For some reason, the replies don't get added to the previous comment, but gets added as its own comment. You have to reference the previous comment somehow, so it doesn't get lost. After you click the reply button, you can click the "Quote" button to copy the previous comment into your reply. Or you can just cut-&-paste what you want to refer to into your reply.     I had a few of Nillson's albums. Nillson Shmillson, Son Of Shmillson, The Point (with Me & My Arrow).  Good stuff.

Periodic Contributor

@dl73698250 wrote:

@canarybird wrote:

Oh, that was me. I had a hard time with it, too. For some reason, the replies don't get added to the previous comment, but gets added as its own comment. You have to reference the previous comment somehow, so it doesn't get lost. After you click the reply button, you can click the "Quote" button to copy the previous comment into your reply. Or you can just cut-&-paste what you want to refer to into your reply.     I had a few of Nillson's albums. Nillson Shmillson, Son Of Shmillson, The Point (with Me & My Arrow).  Good stuff.

Yes the setup is kind of confusing. Thanks for your help! 

Honored Social Butterfly

@canarybird wrote:

Not to worry - confusion occurs occasionally.  Welcome to the AARP site, @canarybird!  Hope you will join in at topics of your choosing, including this one, with further posts. Smiley Happy

Periodic Contributor

@gatorgorilla wrote:

@canarybird wrote:

Not to worry - confusion occurs occasionally.  Welcome to the AARP site, @canarybird!  Hope you will join in at topics of your choosing, including this one, with further posts. Smiley Happy

Thank you!

Recognized Social Butterfly

Free Ride      Edgar Winter Group

Merely OneTokeOTL
Periodic Contributor

So many people got it wrong...

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

@jm9046 wrote:

So many people got it wrong...

Who are you replying to?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Bob Seger - Turn the page

0 Kudos

City of New Orleans

Periodic Contributor

SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY: The music was written by Les Brown and Ben Homer, and the lyrics were written by Bud Green.   Doris Day  had a hit record with the song,  It became Day's first #1 hit, in 1945. The song's release coincided with the end of WWII in Europe and became the unofficial homecoming theme for many veterans.  The record first reached the Billboard charts on March 29, 1945 and lasted 23 weeks on the chart, peaking at #1.

Contributor

King of the road by Roger Miller. An old song that my Dad used to play and sing, it brings back happy memories of him for me!

Conversationalist

San Francisco - Jeannette MacDonald (1936)

Periodic Contributor

"Leaving on a Jet Plane" by Peter, Paul, and Mary.

Periodic Contributor

The song was written by John Denver; credit where credit is due! 🙂
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

In reply to:
[ jm9046 Message 16 of 525 ‎07-26-2017 07:41 AM          The song was written by John Denver; credit where credit is due!]
Which song are you referring to, jm9046 ?????

Contributor

"On the Road Again".              Willie Nelson

Periodic Contributor

There is:   "Do you know the way to San Jose?" sung by Dionne Warwick, written by Burt Bacharach.

"Hit the road, Jack" recorded by Ray Charles, as well as many other artists; written by the rhythm and blues artist Percy Mayfield.

"I'm moving on" written and performed by Hank Snow;  one of three songs in the history of the Billboard country charts to spend 21 weeks at #1.

I have two favorites:

#1 Born to be wild, By: Steppenwolf

#2 Heading ot to the highway, By: Judas Priest

I love "Highway Star" by Deep Purple 🙂

Get Your Kicks on Route 66!

Periodic Contributor

"On the Road Again" by Willie Nelson

Periodic Contributor

I've Got a Name. by Jim Croce

Midnight Train to Georgia. Gladys Knight and the Pips

On the Road Again. Willie Nelson

Periodic Contributor

Good one, on 'I've got a name'.  I love Jim Croce; he left this earth too early!

Regular Contributor

How about this golden oldie? "Beep Beep", by the Playmates, in which a Cadillac tries to outrun a pesky Nash Rambler--and fails!

Contributor

Not sure of the title.  Some of the words are:

All my bags are packed,

I'm ready to go

_______

Refrain:

I'm leaving on a jet plane,

Don't know when I'll be back again

______

I hate to go.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP