readers and tablets

Caring for loved ones?

Caring for loved ones?

Find the resources you need

Community
Entertainment & Leisure

Community Manager
AARPLynne

If you could have front-row seats to any concert who would it be?

Recently I was asked the question, "If you could have front-row seats to any concert who would you like to see?" To make that question even more interesting, I would add that the artist(s) could be dead or alive.

I wish I could have seen Nirvana perform!

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
AARPLynne

If you could have front-row seats to any concert who would it be?

Recently I was asked the question, "If you could have front-row seats to any concert who would you like to see?" To make that question even more interesting, I would add that the artist(s) could be dead or alive.

Please use plain text.
nyadrn
Topics: 291
Kudos: 6,228

Re: If you could have front-row seats to any concert who would it be?

In Response to If you could have front-row seats to any concert who would it be?:

Posted by LynneG

omg I am soooo mad! I just spent so much time typing my answer and lost it. Aaargh

anyway here goes again. Good choice Nirvana..  Their end coming oh so sadly!

As to my choice, well usually it would be Aerosmith but I have been so fortunate to have seen them so many times in great seats that I am going to choose another.

So should I pick front and center at Woodstock to see Janis and Jimi and the rest of the greats from that show, or maybe The  Doors at the height of Jimmy's career, or maybe Phil Lynotte and Gary Moore both now gone from the great Thin Lizzy, or the brilliant Syd Barrett and The incomparable Pink Floyd. Any of these would be incredible.... But I am going to have to chose the amazing Led Zeppelin live at Madison Square Garden.. It would be the concert of a lifetime!

thanks for the topic. I enjoyed choosing.!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Please use plain text.
nyadrn

In Response to Re: If you could have front-row seats to any concert who would it be?:

In Response to If you could have front-row seats to any concert who would it be?:

Posted by LynneG

omg I am soooo mad! I just spent so much time typing my answer and lost it. Aaargh

anyway here goes again. Good choice Nirvana..  Their end coming oh so sadly!

As to my choice, well usually it would be Aerosmith but I have been so fortunate to have seen them so many times in great seats that I am going to choose another.

So should I pick front and center at Woodstock to see Janis and Jimi and the rest of the greats from that show, or maybe The  Doors at the height of Jimmy's career, or maybe Phil Lynotte and Gary Moore both now gone from the great Thin Lizzy, or the brilliant Syd Barrett and The incomparable Pink Floyd. Any of these would be incredible.... But I am going to have to chose the amazing Led Zeppelin live at Madison Square Garden.. It would be the concert of a lifetime!

thanks for the topic. I enjoyed choosing.!

Posted by nyadrn

ok I absolutely must list an alternative.... Aerosmith and Bon Jovi performing together and my friend Janese and I sitting in the front row together : ). This is still possible and if that concert ever comes about, we'll be looking for those front row tickets!

Please use plain text.
memadeania
Topics: 0
Kudos: 75

Saw Hendricks and Joplin at Woodxtock and then in Germany If I had my choice.

!st Roy Orbison 

2nd Buddy Holly 

The good folks at AARP have more important things to do they refuse to change my join date the true date is 12/09/2009
The Gold Conversationalist is something I find offensive I did not ask want or need that title.
Please use plain text.
Gold Conversationalist
firstwalt

Really tough question because I have been fortunate enough to have seen  just about everyone I have really wanted to see, and that includes Jimi, Joplin,  Doors, Zeppelin,  Dylan, Zappa, Floyd, Rush, Lizzy,  Allman Bros, Skynyrd, CSN,  Neil Young, The Dead,  MC5, Iron Butterfly, Vanilla Fudge, Van Halen,  Guns n Roses, Metallica, Eagles, ZZ Top,  Van Morrison, Four Tops, Bo Didley  Temptations, Funkadelic,  and of course, The Stones.

Now this is probably not going to sit well with the hard core rockers but :  I would choose to see Prince ! 

I saw him once during the Purple Rain Tour...( 86 ish ) with his band, "The New Revolution".  He is without any doubt in my mind this best guitarist I have ever seen playing, and his stage presence & showmanship was incredible.  I don't care for where he is now and what he plays,  but Purple Rain is in my top 10 of the greatest songs of my life.....

Please use plain text.
nyadrn

In Response to Re: If you could have front-row seats to any concert who would it be?:

Really tough question because I have been fortunate enough to have seen  just about everyone I have really wanted to see, and that includes Jimi, Joplin,  Doors, Zeppelin,  Dylan, Zappa, Floyd, Rush, Lizzy,  Allman Bros, Skynyrd, CSN,  Neil Young, The Dead,  MC5, Iron Butterfly, Vanilla Fudge, Van Halen,  Guns n Roses, Metallica, Eagles, ZZ Top,  Van Morrison, Four Tops, Bo Didley  Temptations, Funkadelic,  and of course, The Stones.

Now this is probably not going to sit well with the hard core rockers but :  I would choose to see Prince ! 

I saw him once during the Purple Rain Tour...( 86 ish ) with his band, "The New Revolution".  He is without any doubt in my mind this best guitarist I have ever seen playing, and his stage presence & showmanship was incredible.  I don't care for where he is now and what he plays,  but Purple Rain is in my top 10 of the greatest songs of my life.....

Posted by firstwalt

Actually that does not surprise me. Prince is a terrific performer and I loved the Movie and the song. Purple Rain.  I thought he was terrific playing As My Guitar Gently Weeps on the tribute show for George Harrison!

Please use plain text.
Gold Conversationalist
firstwalt

Actually that does not surprise me. Prince is a terrific performer and I loved the Movie and the song. Purple Rain. I thought he was terrific playing As My Guitar Gently Weeps on the tribute show for George Harrison

Yes, I have that on the RRHOF Aniversery dvd set, . he was good, and it was cool how much George's son enjoed the solo... Tom Petty, not so much....lol    BUT if you want to see him at his best, at his very best :  "Sign O the Times "  is Prince at his peak ....

Please use plain text.
Info Seeker
vixda

Adele, she has such a distinctive voice and seems like a down to earth peson

Please use plain text.
Silver Conversationalist
johnson7124

Bob Seger: Simple, acoustic and ageless.

In the after-life, The Doors, Hendricks and Janice Joplin.

PS I read the response about Prince and I agree. His guitar playing, As My Guitar Gently Weeps, was

excellent. He won my respect as a musician.

I saw Tom Petty when he was filming SoundStage for PBS. It was almost 4 hours long. I was so close I

could see the boodshot whites of the band member's eyes!

Please use plain text.