Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Golden YEARS - Happy New Year! - YEAR/S Songs

Conversationalist

Golden YEARS - Happy New Year! - YEAR/S Songs

What better theme for a New Year’s Eve music blog than the word year. As we usher out the old year, and in the new, may listening to great music perhaps be one of your resolutions, and compared to many we make, an easy one to achieve.

Some year/s greats include “The Year of the Cat,” “100 Years,” “Still Crazy After All These Years,” “Golden Years” which provides the title for the blog, “Reelin’ In The Years,” “New Years Day,” “All Those Years Ago,” among many others. The word also plays well into songs about Christmas and the New Year. I did include 2 songs that don’t include year in the title, with Pink Floyd’s “Wish You Were Here” which includes the iconic line “We’re just two lost souls swimming in a fishbowl year after year,” as well as Ten Years After’s “I’d Love To Change The World,” with credit for year in the band’s name. They both seemed worth of inclusion.

Wishing you a Happy New Year filled with memorable moments, music, and fun. Enjoy “Golden YEARS”

I hope that this music and my blog truly serve as a “revival: a new presentation of something old,” a springboard to return to the music of your youth, or perhaps to find artists you want to discover anew.  Rediscover the passion of music in your life. Live in the moment. Enjoy the moment. Love the moment. Listen to the MUSIC!

https://listentothemusicblog.com/golden-years-happy-new-year-year-s-songs/

Honored Social Butterfly

I love that you added: Al Stewart - Year of the Cat (and that it's number 1! Yay! 😽)

♪\(^ω^\) Happy New Year! ( /^ω^)/♪   Hope it's the best year, ever! 🎉

Honored Social Butterfly

Great playlist! Happy New Year! 🎉

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

Great playlist! You had two major misses tho:

First one- In the year 2525, Zager&Evans. They were way

ahead of the times with this song, imo.

Second one is the biggie- Old Lang Syne, Dan Fogelberg

The consummate NY song, which mentions year in it as well

Happy New Years! 

Honored Social Butterfly

And  . . .  A Thousand Years by Sting.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP