Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Burn This Disco Out - Disco (stamped out by Rock & Roll...)

Conversationalist

Burn This Disco Out - Disco (stamped out by Rock & Roll...)

On January 21, 1978 Saturday Night Fever, the defining soundtrack of the disco ๐Ÿชฉ era, began a 24-week run at the top of the US album chart. The Grammy Award winning double album included several No.1 hits, including โ€œNight Fever,โ€ โ€œStayinโ€™ Alive,โ€ and โ€œIf I Canโ€™t Have You.โ€ With additional Bee Gee contributions โ€œHow Deep Is Your Love,โ€ โ€œMore Than A Woman,โ€ โ€œJive Talkinโ€, and โ€œYou Should Be Dancing.โ€  Prior to the release of Michael Jacksonโ€™s Thriller,it was the best selling album of all-time, selling more than 40 million copies worldwide, and was the best-selling soundtrack album of all-time until supplanted by The Bodyguard soundtrack in 1992.

Disco sensations included the forementioned Bee Gees, as well as ABBA, Donna Summer, Gloria Gaynor, Alicia Bridges, Thelma Houston, Earth Wind & Fire, Chaka Chan, Chic, KC and the Sunshine Band, Thelma Houston, Sister Sledge, The Trammps, Diana Ross, Kool & the Gang, and the Village People, among many others.

So be ready to get your disco ๐Ÿชฉ on, as these songs just might inspire you to shake, shake, shake ๐Ÿ•บ โ€ฆ shake, shake, shake ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป โ€ฆ shake your booty! โ˜บ๏ธ

https://listentothemusicblog.com/burn-this-disco-out-disco-hits/

Honored Social Butterfly

The most wonderful time, imo. I absolutely loved 

Disco, all of it! Was a huge Bee Gees, Donna 

Summer, KC&the Sunshine Band Fan. Really love the list. Bringing up the roller skating took me back 

to some of the best times I ever had. The roller rink

was a great pick up spot as well!!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP