Know Someone Over 50 Making a Difference? Nominate Them for the AARP Purpose Prize

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: No Weekly Quiz Again?

Message 1 of 6

@sandy  No worries. Thank you!  

Best wishes for you and yours in the new year. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Community Manager

Message 2 of 6

@Epster,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  This week's weekly quiz is up >> https://www.aarp.org/politics-society/history/info-2017/news-quiz-brain-health-tv.html#quest1.  Be sure to get your points and sorry it was delayed.

Thank you.

Sandy

AARP Online Community Team
Conversationalist

Message 3 of 6

Merry Ho-Ho-Ho's to the AARP R4G web gurus (Santa Scrooge left this at my place by mistake):

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/517H0Gu9SAL._SX394_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Message 4 of 6

@ab1695  This has been a particularly rough holiday season in terms of the brokenness of the Rewards program, hasn't it? I hoped they'd get the earn problems fixed for everyone trying to use Rewards points to buy gifts. Taking earning activities away at the holidays seems mean and insensitive.

I guess my New Year's resolution at this point should be to get over being disgusted with the R4G program. Smiley Happy

PS Thanks for the grins. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Conversationalist

Message 5 of 6

That's not all. The "Benefits of Spending Less" Spanish calculator has been "fixed." It used to work perfectly, but now that it's been upgraded, it no longer awards points.

I swear, the web programmers in this joint don't know what they're doing. They never test their work. They fix things that ain't broke, and things that ARE broken they merely delete.

Is it just because AARP is a non-profit? Don't they pay well enough to attract real programmers? We already know they don't hire copy editors for the web site -- it's rife with errors and typos.

Oh, well. Merry Christmas, Happy Festivus -- or, in AAPR terms, have a terrific short work week.

No Weekly Quiz Again?

Message 6 of 6

So I'm guessing that this is one of those shortened work weeks in which we are not going to get a Weekly News Quiz?

Ho ho ho, and all.