What the Government Shutdown Means for You! Which Federal Government Services Will Be Affected? Read More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Dear AARPTeri: Can you get the powers that be to perhaps, perchance fix these R4G Earner glitche

Message 1 of 16

@ab1695  LOL Thanks for the giggles and great quotes.

Yes, I'm aware of that annual membership inconsistency, let's call it. Smiley Happy

Due to these inequalities, I have come to feel that the Spanish language program here is a step child. That bothers me, so I finally brought it up. I do wonder what a lifetime membership would have cost me had I been on the Spanish site when buying it ... maybe I should ask for a refund? Smiley Happy

Best to you,

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Re: Dear AARPTeri: Can you get the powers that be to perhaps, perchance fix these R4G Earner glitche

Message 2 of 16

You are hoping for consistency between the English- and Spanish-language versions? Lotsa luck. Haven't you ever noticed that if you are an English-speaker, your 1-year annual AARP dues payment is $16, while the Spanish blurb touts a $12 annual fee?

AARP espagnol.jpg

I'm going to credit the AARPies and AARPsters with a literary sensibility and cite this from Oscar Wilde: "Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."

Or Ralph Waldo Emerson: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall."

Or Harry Truman: "Consistency is the bugaboo of foolish minds." (Harry was always straight and to the point!)

Message 3 of 16

@AARPTeri  Thanks for your help. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Community Manager

Message 4 of 16

@ab1695  Thank you so much for this thorough report!  I am esclating but we are also still working on an overall fix for the others so until that is done, you may noticed some missing still.  We have a team working hard to resolve these issues and will update along the way as we can.

AARPTeri
Community Manager

Message 5 of 16
@Epster ooops - thanks for this they have been fixed.
AARPTeri
Community Manager

Message 6 of 16

@Epster  Thank you for your thoroughness!  I have escalated these points and will let you know.

AARPTeri

Message 7 of 16

Another suggestion: a proofreading pass on the R4G site. Below, two examples of why this is needed:

Should be PsychologyShould be Psychology

Should be StainsShould be Stains

Message 8 of 16

Here's something that I think needs to be addressed: some of the Spanish version activities give fewer points than do their English language counterparts. (Wha-?)

Case in point: the Vitamin Supplement quiz (https://www.aarp.org/health/drugs-supplements/info-07-2013/vitamin-supplements-quiz.html#quest1) just gave me 525 points for working the English version but only 450 points for completing the Spanish version. This also happened yesterday with other English/Spanish activities, but I failed to document it. (So this isn't the only case of the Spanish version awarding fewer points)

Some of the Spanish language activities give fewer points than do their English counterparts.Some of the Spanish language activities give fewer points than do their English counterparts.

And I think this is weird ... there is no navigational link to this community from the drop down menu when on the Spanish version of the Rewards for Good site. To post this I had to first go to the English version of the site from an English language activity. I could not navigate here from the Spanish activity referenced. Hm.

Message 9 of 16

An additional comment: tax-aide locator.

(https://secure.aarp.org/applications/VMISLocator/searchTaxAideLocations.action)

It is coming up on time for that activity to be reset, too.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 10 of 16
Tried all three in Firefox, IE , and Chrome. Tried again, and Rent/Buy calculator finally awarded points in firefox. Nothing on the other two.