Penalties Loom for ACA Enrollees Who Don’t Switch to Medicare by Sept. 30. Read More

Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist

Re: AARP took ALL of my hard earned points just for changing my email address! :(

Message 1 of 6 (544 Views)

I had a problem one time losing my points in an auction that I did not win.  My bid was subtracted and not returned when I was outbid.  I contacted AARP (or its contractor) and they restored my points.  If you don't get a reply after the holiday, see if there's a phone number you can call.

I'm thinking they will fix this.

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: AARP took ALL of my hard earned points just for changing my email address! :(

Message 2 of 6 (570 Views)
Thanks for everyone's comments. I spoke to an AARP rep that is handling my complaint. I've been an AARP member since Spring of 2011, so that's many years to build up a LOT of points that I do not wish to lose. Smiley Happy
Community Manager

Message 3 of 6 (595 Views)

@r447879w  We are sorry your points did not transfer when changing your email address.  Please call an AARP representative who can work with you to retrieve those points.  

They can be reached at 1.888.605.6432.

AARPTeri
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 6 (604 Views)

@r447879w, Like @noblefool, I have seen moments when my Rewards for Good points balance seems to disappear. It has always come back, then again, I have neer changed my email address, either.

My hope is that @AARPTeri will be able to get to the bottom of this for you.

Best wishes.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Silver Conversationalist

Message 5 of 6 (644 Views)

Hello, yes as a matter of fact. I have seen my points come up 0.0m every once again, but always go back to the original points earned a day or two later.

I am sure a moderator or assigned AARP people will take care of it.

Bronze Conversationalist

AARP took ALL of my hard earned points just for changing my email address! :(

Message 6 of 6 (656 Views)

Today, I had to change my email address on AARP from Yahoo to Gmail due to upcoming Yahoo changes I'm not happy with. It took a few times to make the change happen, THEN I sign on this evening to play games and notice my point balance is "0.0M pts"!!! What the???? I send them an email in regards to the loss of my hard earned points, and am waiting for their response. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, why do they take away our hard earned points??? Thanks for any help anyone can give me on this matter.