The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

[ Edited ]
Message 61 of 144 (1,256 Views)

l508156s wrote:

If I had the money I would be a snowbird. Live someplace where it is not hot and humid 8 months out of the year. Come back home for the winter. 

You could try Vancouver BC.  It's not exactly cheap, but the exchange rate should help you a little if you are coming from the US.  Our summers are breathtakingly beautiful. 

I'm actually looking for something of the opposite, somewhere to go in the winter when its drizzly and grey here.  Thinking along the lines of Costa Rica, Mexico, Thailand.  Somewhere that the dollar goes a bit further.

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 62 of 144 (1,284 Views)

I want to live in Piedmont, CA, in northern CA, just south of Berkeley and within smelling distance of the San Francisco Bay. I was there for a planned, two year period to write my memoir and to get back into shape. No car was needed and I walked to everything for two years, and went to the gym 5 days a week after work. (I still work part time.) The people are wonderful, energetic, and the weather is perfect, even on the few days a year we get rain. I cou;ld pick fruit most of the year in the backyard f the rental; apples, blackberries, figs, and plums, from which I made jam. A wonderful nightlife exists and I did my first stand up routine! I'll retunr there in the summer of 2018. Join me?

Info Seeker

Message 63 of 144 (1,296 Views)

Anywhere my grandchildren are

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 64 of 144 (1,411 Views)

l508156s wrote:

Why does the response to a post not show below the post I responded to???????? 

Why is there not a delete option. 

@l508156s - The posts show up chronologically, and even if you click on "reply" on a specific post, there's no automatic "link" connecting your post & the one to which you're responding.

What you can do, is use the "Quote" function (in the formatting bar of the entry panel), which will copy the post to which you're responding. You can edit that, if you just want a specific sentence out of a longer post.

You can also use the @ symbol to address/notify the person to whom you're responding. Then you type that, it will automatically give you a drop-down list of everyone participating in that discussion, and you can click on that individual's screen name. If they're set up to get e-mail notifications of new material, they'll get an e-mail for your response.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 65 of 144 (1,278 Views)

Why does the response to a post not show below the post I responded to???????? 

Why is there not a delete option. 

Conversationalist

Message 66 of 144 (1,257 Views)
You can pay it monthly thru your mortgage or once a year. Tax is not the same all over. Every county has it's own rate. I bought my house before the housing market went crazy and I pay $750 annually. The Florida county I live in has a policy that your home value cannot increase more then 2% a year based on what you pay. Florida also offers a $50,000 homestead exemption.
Conversationalist

Message 67 of 144 (1,247 Views)

If I had the money I would be a snowbird. Live someplace where it is not hot and humid 8 months out of the year. Come back home for the winter. 

Info Seeker

Message 68 of 144 (1,215 Views)

Leaning toward TN or maybe TX, currently living the dream in Indianapolis, IN.  Smiley Happy

Info Seeker

Message 69 of 144 (1,238 Views)
Very good point. Mexico is overall a beautiful country and its people are very friendly.
Conversationalist

Message 70 of 144 (1,801 Views)

Anywhere but where I am. I want to get to a place that is near my daughter and her kids since Taylor is the best one of them all!