What the Government Shutdown Means for You! Which Federal Government Services Will Be Affected? Read More

Info Seeker

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 11 of 152

We, lived in Exeter, NH many years ago and loved it. I know it's changed, because we visit when we come back east, but it's more artsy and creative, it seems. What used to be hardware stores, are now art galleries. 

There are beautiful hikes, from gentle walks through the woods with benches along the way to sit and rest, to some that are not for the faint of heart, and everything in between. Autumn is spectacular....second week in October. 

Keep in mind that all of NH is above the snow line. We've had out of town guests who had to stay an extra week because it ended up snowing every other day and they couldn't get out. 

Enjoy...and build a snow person for me, please!

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 12 of 152

"I need a good Protestant woman to join me SOON-ER !!!

Wh of you ladies will join me in these plans/move?"

I was gonna suggest Melania or Ivanka since you seem like a fan of their hubby/daddy.  But they're not protestant.  Good luck finding someone who can tolerate your intolerance!

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 152

Definitely North Arkansas.  The scenery is spectacular, fishing great, and most do not have money.  I would fit right in.  Arkansas is slow paced and the common people are generally courteous.  My parents moved from southeast Texas to southwest Arkansas when I wasl 11 years old, now at 62 I still liive in southern Arklansas.  The rich hillscape will capture even the plains people.  I may never make it to Northern Arkansas but if I ever move that's where you will find me.    S.Hilton, Prescott, AR

Info Seeker

Message 14 of 152

SoCal. 

Info Seeker

Message 15 of 152

We have family in Lexington, KY and are considering that area-something within two hours.

Info Seeker

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?Greenville, SC

Message 16 of 152
sarasota, florida
Info Seeker

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?Greenville, SC

Message 17 of 152

Greenville is getting more expensive, according to the Post and Courier, which did an article on housing costs. (Sunday, 5 November, 2017).

Info Seeker

Message 18 of 152

Agreed, NH is great on taxes but it get colder and snowier than CT. It's definitely something to consider as you age. For several years i got around with a cane but if it was raining then anything tile was like ice. Now I'm on a walker and unable to get up on my own from any fall so any place with substantial snowfall is out of bounds for me. One fall in the bathroom put me on this walker and destroyed my back.

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 152

Georgia, a warm climate been in northwest all my life and the winters are getting to be too much...

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 152

jh50658433 wrote:

Rapid City South Dakota. The state doesn't tax Social Security Benefits.

@jh50658433  Plus there are truckloads a really wonderful people there! Kind, friendly, upbeat and engaged.  Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving