Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Info Seeker

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 11 of 100 (728 Views)
Karl, check out Yellville or Flippin, Arkansas. Sounds just what you are looking for. Just about everything you need nearby Mountain Home.
Info Seeker

Message 12 of 100 (736 Views)

Totally agree. Stuck where I am in CO. And it's expensive. Been here 18 years and cannot afford to move, or buy elsewhere. Seniors are being scammed about retirement locations.

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 100 (638 Views)

I would like to retire in Belize. I'm tired of all the bull in the states. It would be nyce to look at a scenic backgrounds and enjoy fresh market fruits and vegetables. Walking to and around a culturally diverse people.

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 14 of 100 (455 Views)

I have live all my life in So. California.  My roots are deep here.  I have one son living on Maui.  I am tempted to move there because I miss living near the ocean and the climate is better than the (High Desert) where i now live.  The cost of living in Maui is a minus in this decission.  It would make me somewhat dependent on my son.  So I will most likely stay put.  

Conversationalist

Message 15 of 100 (558 Views)

I am retired but I am stuck where I am at. I lived for 20 years in Denver but now I am in Texas. My ex husband and I moved there 10 years ago for his work and he is retired too. I love Denver but I can't afford it anymore and I don't want to endure the winters there too.

Info Seeker

Message 16 of 100 (633 Views)

Retire I place wherever you live. There is really nothing out there that modest retirees can afford these days. The housing market has crippled boomers that wish to retire due to real estate companies that are looking to make unreasonable profits to the expense of others. Millennial s and those in between are caught up in the same dilemma. These is no solution at this point and time. Stay put.

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 17 of 100 (807 Views)

l508156s wrote:

If I had the money I would be a snowbird. Live someplace where it is not hot and humid 8 months out of the year. Come back home for the winter. 

You could try Vancouver BC.  It's not exactly cheap, but the exchange rate should help you a little if you are coming from the US.  Our summers are breathtakingly beautiful. 

I'm actually looking for something of the opposite, somewhere to go in the winter when its drizzly and grey here.  Thinking along the lines of Costa Rica, Mexico, Thailand.  Somewhere that the dollar goes a bit further.

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 18 of 100 (852 Views)

I want to live in Piedmont, CA, in northern CA, just south of Berkeley and within smelling distance of the San Francisco Bay. I was there for a planned, two year period to write my memoir and to get back into shape. No car was needed and I walked to everything for two years, and went to the gym 5 days a week after work. (I still work part time.) The people are wonderful, energetic, and the weather is perfect, even on the few days a year we get rain. I cou;ld pick fruit most of the year in the backyard f the rental; apples, blackberries, figs, and plums, from which I made jam. A wonderful nightlife exists and I did my first stand up routine! I'll retunr there in the summer of 2018. Join me?

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 100 (873 Views)

Anywhere my grandchildren are

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 100 (997 Views)

l508156s wrote:

Why does the response to a post not show below the post I responded to???????? 

Why is there not a delete option. 

@l508156s - The posts show up chronologically, and even if you click on "reply" on a specific post, there's no automatic "link" connecting your post & the one to which you're responding.

What you can do, is use the "Quote" function (in the formatting bar of the entry panel), which will copy the post to which you're responding. You can edit that, if you just want a specific sentence out of a longer post.

You can also use the @ symbol to address/notify the person to whom you're responding. Then you type that, it will automatically give you a drop-down list of everyone participating in that discussion, and you can click on that individual's screen name. If they're set up to get e-mail notifications of new material, they'll get an e-mail for your response.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!