The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Conversationalist

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 1 of 144 (92 Views)

Fernandina Beach, FL is a beautiful small beach town in northeast florida recently voted #1 on huffingtonpost: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/beach-towns_us_58fa6605e4b018a9ce5b4061.

My husband and I moved here in July 2017 from Long Island and we love it, no more show for us!  I work as a Realtor here so please feel free to reply to this post or send me a private message if you would like any information. 

It is a charming town and the beach has not been commercialized. Fernandina is near both Cuberland and St. Simon Island so if you want a weekend get away you would not have far to travel.

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 144 (104 Views)

Fernandina Beach, FL is a beautiful small beach town in northeast florida recently voted #1 on huffingtonpost: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/beach-towns_us_58fa6605e4b018a9ce5b4061.

My husband and I moved here in July 2017 from Long Island and we love it, no more snow for us!  I work as a Realtor here so please feel free to reply to this post or send me a private message if you would like any information.  Smiley Happy

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 144 (154 Views)

We, lived in Exeter, NH many years ago and loved it. I know it's changed, because we visit when we come back east, but it's more artsy and creative, it seems. What used to be hardware stores, are now art galleries. 

There are beautiful hikes, from gentle walks through the woods with benches along the way to sit and rest, to some that are not for the faint of heart, and everything in between. Autumn is spectacular....second week in October. 

Keep in mind that all of NH is above the snow line. We've had out of town guests who had to stay an extra week because it ended up snowing every other day and they couldn't get out. 

Enjoy...and build a snow person for me, please!

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 144 (169 Views)

"I need a good Protestant woman to join me SOON-ER !!!

Wh of you ladies will join me in these plans/move?"

I was gonna suggest Melania or Ivanka since you seem like a fan of their hubby/daddy.  But they're not protestant.  Good luck finding someone who can tolerate your intolerance!

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 144 (313 Views)

Definitely North Arkansas.  The scenery is spectacular, fishing great, and most do not have money.  I would fit right in.  Arkansas is slow paced and the common people are generally courteous.  My parents moved from southeast Texas to southwest Arkansas when I wasl 11 years old, now at 62 I still liive in southern Arklansas.  The rich hillscape will capture even the plains people.  I may never make it to Northern Arkansas but if I ever move that's where you will find me.    S.Hilton, Prescott, AR

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 144 (474 Views)

SoCal. 

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 144 (553 Views)

We have family in Lexington, KY and are considering that area-something within two hours.

Info Seeker

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?Greenville, SC

Message 8 of 144 (561 Views)
sarasota, florida
Info Seeker

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?Greenville, SC

Message 9 of 144 (589 Views)

Greenville is getting more expensive, according to the Post and Courier, which did an article on housing costs. (Sunday, 5 November, 2017).

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 144 (609 Views)

Agreed, NH is great on taxes but it get colder and snowier than CT. It's definitely something to consider as you age. For several years i got around with a cane but if it was raining then anything tile was like ice. Now I'm on a walker and unable to get up on my own from any fall so any place with substantial snowfall is out of bounds for me. One fall in the bathroom put me on this walker and destroyed my back.