The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Conversationalist

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 51 of 145 (1,929 Views)

Advent Christian Village is a 55 and up commmunity near Live Oak Florida. They offer houses, mobile home lots, retals, apartments, assisted living, skilled nursing care, and memory care. They also have medical and dental care plus a pharmacy.  It basically a small town. They have a library, restaurants, and a hotel. 

Info Seeker

Message 52 of 145 (1,972 Views)

If you're thinking of TN, try Hendersonville--low crime, decent things to do, a little pricier than the rest of TN but not by much.  And you have Nashville only 20 minutes south with lots of concerts.

Conversationalist

Message 53 of 145 (1,811 Views)
Check out the Ocala area. We're at On Top of The World, a 55+ gated retirement community. HOA fees are reasonable and property taxes are also. Lots to do, if you want to.
Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 54 of 145 (1,797 Views)

Not entirely true. Plenty of cheap places but you have to look for them and settle for what you can afford. Places in FL, SC, upstate NY. Etc my friend in NY rents mobile w screen room 700 month. Could buy it for 22k. OH has rental apts 400 month. FL has mobile home parks 250-500 monthly rent. Some cheap mobiles. 20k-30k even less. Go online.

Conversationalist

Message 55 of 145 (1,778 Views)
We retired in 2010 and moved from Indianapolis to Ocala, Florida. We live in a 55+ retirement community, On Top of The World. Costs, home prices and HOA fees are reasonable. Check it out, and don't forget, no state taxes in Florida, and property taxes are quite reasonable too.
Info Seeker

Message 56 of 145 (1,201 Views)
Karl, check out Yellville or Flippin, Arkansas. Sounds just what you are looking for. Just about everything you need nearby Mountain Home.
Info Seeker

Message 57 of 145 (1,194 Views)

Totally agree. Stuck where I am in CO. And it's expensive. Been here 18 years and cannot afford to move, or buy elsewhere. Seniors are being scammed about retirement locations.

Info Seeker

Message 58 of 145 (1,092 Views)

I would like to retire in Belize. I'm tired of all the bull in the states. It would be nyce to look at a scenic backgrounds and enjoy fresh market fruits and vegetables. Walking to and around a culturally diverse people.

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 59 of 145 (907 Views)

I have live all my life in So. California.  My roots are deep here.  I have one son living on Maui.  I am tempted to move there because I miss living near the ocean and the climate is better than the (High Desert) where i now live.  The cost of living in Maui is a minus in this decission.  It would make me somewhat dependent on my son.  So I will most likely stay put.  

Conversationalist

Message 60 of 145 (1,010 Views)

I am retired but I am stuck where I am at. I lived for 20 years in Denver but now I am in Texas. My ex husband and I moved there 10 years ago for his work and he is retired too. I love Denver but I can't afford it anymore and I don't want to endure the winters there too.