How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

bj5
Info Seeker

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 1 of 65 (524 Views)

IRELAND  I love rainy days       B &  j

Info Seeker

Re: Where do I ant to retire?

Message 2 of 65 (3,587 Views)

Sounds like you'd enjoy the Willamette Valley in Oregon. I was thinking Eugene, specifically, from some of your comments--an hour's drive from the beautiful and rugged coastline of the Pacific Ocean (the wonderful McKenzie & Willamette Rivers are nearby, too), great local airport to connect you to major airports, hippie enclave, arts galore, University of Oregon's hometown (bright minds and thriving programs), Oregon residents LOVE their dogs (and cats) so you'd find some kind of animal rescue work, no doubt.  Portland is a doable drive (2 hours approx.) and center of much of what you want, as well, with a thriving arts community--music, writing, performance arts, museum, etc. Housing prices are higher in P-land than Eugene. Recreational and medical marijuana are legal here, not that you asked, but for some, it's a draw. While snow isn't a regular happening for the Willamette Valley, it does occur occasionally. Winter is usually rain and then more rain, but summers are lovely and mild--rarely hitting the high 90s and beyond.

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 65 (4,159 Views)

Sorry, duplicate answer. 

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 65 (4,159 Views)

Sorry, posted before I finished--happy fingers !!!  Although you stated you would like to be near BIG water, that would be the only thing missing from your criteria.  However, there are MANY great rivers and lakes with beautiful waterfalls in the mountains and so again I say, give it a look.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 65 (4,175 Views)

You might consider Asheville, North Carolina.  It seems to fill your desired parameters, and is a WONDERFUL city in the Smokey Mountains.  Check it out online, then maybe take a short vacation.

North Carolinian

Info Seeker

Where do I ant to retire?

Message 6 of 65 (4,356 Views)

Near water -- big water.I'd love the Atlantic or the Pacific, even the Mississippi or Lake Superior or Lake Michigan.

I'd like to find a community of sartists-- I'm a writer and would love to live where there are other writers, painers, sculptors, dancers  -- for conversation, stimulation, friendship.

I live in  a nice, bland mid size city now. It's not where I was born and I have no attachment to it.I have two children,scattered,am divorced and no other family. I'd need to find a place open to new people.

I grew up in Chicago and love it, but can't afford where I'd like to live -- and if I have to move into a suburb I might as well stay where I am.

I was a hippie, am a hippie -- would love a small progressive town, near water where I could my dachshund and volunteer for Animal Rescue.

I lived through Mid West winters all my life and that wouldn't both me particulalry -- as long as I had a garage!

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 65 (4,412 Views)

A very specific and detailed description of your wants/needs/desires/hopes and dreams. Impressive/intriguing/inspiring to say the least. Why only limited German? speaking. And when are you moving ? Smiley Wink

Elfie

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 65 (4,761 Views)

dreamhomenj wrote:

Colorful_garden_1.jpg

It is reported about 10,000 baby boomers retire daily.

Some of them want stay home where they are.

Some want to move to other place to enjoy their retirement.

Do you want retire and stay where you are?

Or do you want move to a community where you can make friends and share commen interests?

Rapid City South Dakota. The state doesn't tax Social Security Benefits.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 65 (5,023 Views)

We want to live on the road in an RV roaming primarily the west, but mostly traveling around to ride our recumbent trikes on various bike trails and then to compete at various cycling events at senior games. In between we'll travel around to birdwatch. 

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Info Seeker

Message 10 of 65 (5,072 Views)
I want to live near South Padre Island, Texas