Join the Summer of Service to SeniorsSM - sign AARP Foundation's banner

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 1 of 81 (70 Views)

l508156s wrote:

Why does the response to a post not show below the post I responded to???????? 

Why is there not a delete option. 

@l508156s - The posts show up chronologically, and even if you click on "reply" on a specific post, there's no automatic "link" connecting your post & the one to which you're responding.

What you can do, is use the "Quote" function (in the formatting bar of the entry panel), which will copy the post to which you're responding. You can edit that, if you just want a specific sentence out of a longer post.

You can also use the @ symbol to address/notify the person to whom you're responding. Then you type that, it will automatically give you a drop-down list of everyone participating in that discussion, and you can click on that individual's screen name. If they're set up to get e-mail notifications of new material, they'll get an e-mail for your response.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 81 (91 Views)

Why does the response to a post not show below the post I responded to???????? 

Why is there not a delete option. 

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 81 (93 Views)
You can pay it monthly thru your mortgage or once a year. Tax is not the same all over. Every county has it's own rate. I bought my house before the housing market went crazy and I pay $750 annually. The Florida county I live in has a policy that your home value cannot increase more then 2% a year based on what you pay. Florida also offers a $50,000 homestead exemption.
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 81 (95 Views)

If I had the money I would be a snowbird. Live someplace where it is not hot and humid 8 months out of the year. Come back home for the winter. 

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 81 (106 Views)

Leaning toward TN or maybe TX, currently living the dream in Indianapolis, IN.  Smiley Happy

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 81 (216 Views)
Very good point. Mexico is overall a beautiful country and its people are very friendly.
Info Seeker

Message 7 of 81 (857 Views)

Anywhere but where I am. I want to get to a place that is near my daughter and her kids since Taylor is the best one of them all!

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 81 (926 Views)

My wife & I moved down from Mich. to Sun City, Texas in Georgetown Texas.  It is a friendly active 55 & over community.  Lots to do & Georgetown is a great town.  Hot in summer but spring, fall & winter are great!

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 81 (1,542 Views)

I am planning on retirement soon.  I currently live in Pennsylvania.  Property taxes are high, and I live in a low tax county.  I looked at Florida, but it appears the property tax there is high.  Are the property assessed annually?  I will be bringing 4 horses with me so I will need acreage with house and barns.  My plans are leaning more to Tennessee at this time?

Conversationalist

Message 10 of 81 (1,606 Views)

Where did you travel in Mexico? Have you visited Guanajuato City in the central highlands?  It's a high desert area.  I've lived here close to 20 years on a mountaintop overlooking the city.  Built a 3bed/2bath house on one level with wheelchair amenities like ramps and wide doorways.  Thought I'd bring my parents down to live with me,  Sadly, they both passed away before I finished the house.  Now, I'm about to retire from my university position here. I love it here, but realize living alone on a mountaintop has its drawbacks for aging in place.  I'm developing a plan to convert the house into a communal living area and I have land to build individual private cottages.  In other words, a small (6-10 person) senior co-housing community.  I'm looking for interested people.

It's DOABLE.  Just needs a few fellow pioneers with vision and drive to get the ball rolling.  If you're interested, come visit Guanajuato.  I'd be happy to show you around my town!