Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Gold Conversationalist

Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?

Message 1 of 148 (102 Views)

I'm already retired, but am finishing my dissertation for my PhD., and that's almost like working. 
When I no longer have that deadline looming over me, I want to do several things.  First is to get another music group together to play and perhaps perform Renaissance and Baroque music.  I've had two groups in the past and playing music every week was great for social, creative, and mental reasons.  Secondly, I want to start more plants from seeds and cuttings in my greenhouse.  And last, I want to do more writing.  I guess all of that will be enough hobbies to keep my mind occupied.

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 148 (418 Views)

I would love to do senior modeling for commercials and ads! Take classes for fun in painting! Just became an empty nester this August!!Smiley Very Happy....well, except for summer and holiday breaks!🤗

Super Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 148 (616 Views)

I try to spend most of my time procrastinating and relaxing!

Super Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 148 (620 Views)

I spend most of my time relaxing and procrastinating!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 5 of 148 (665 Views)

I’m a potter who would also love to spend some time learning to draw with some ability.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 148 (792 Views)

Retired March 31Smiley Very Happy

I am going to get heavy into crafts, get tickets to shows, travel and continue being an adventureous kid...

Gold Conversationalist

Message 7 of 148 (1,018 Views)
How true! There never an end to those projects! Best of Luck and bless you for your volunteer work.
Gold Conversationalist

Message 8 of 148 (1,039 Views)

I did what I had always wanted to do before I retired!  I sold books!  I did not have a "store" but I did go to flea markets and other venues to sell.  I loved reading all my life so for 30 years I was able to do this and pass on the love of books to others.  Now I officially retired.  My next pursuit is to try to get some of my poems published.  I  am not doing it for money, because poetry is not everyone's cup of tea, but just to accomplish something I love to do!

Conversationalist

Message 9 of 148 (1,045 Views)

The blacksmithing of :knives,swords,axes,fishing&logging implements that were used in the 1740-1840 period in North America.

I need to wait until I've moved-I sold my 2 coal fired forges.I will scratch make another forge once I'm settled.

Conversationalist

Message 10 of 148 (1,095 Views)

Retirement's coming soon! I will still probably work part-time cause I love my job. Pet projects like Meals on Wheels and volunteering at the Humane Society are in my wanna-do bucket. Of course some home improvement that I never get around to working 10 hour days!