Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต 10 Facts You Need to Know For Writing Your Will (AARP ARTICLE)

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต 10 Facts You Need to Know For Writing Your Will (AARP ARTICLE)

FROM THE ARTICLE: Thereโ€™s more to it than who will inherit your belongings.

๐Ÿ—ฃBy Patricia Amend, AARP. Published September 12, 2023.

*** Do YOU have a will? ๐Ÿค”

Comments are welcome! ***

https://www.aarp.org/money/investing/info-2023/top-facts-about-writing-a-will.html

Trusted Social Butterfly

2 comments (9/20/23)

I had thought putting mine in my bank Safety Deposit Box was the "wise" thing to do. But it is NOT!

FROM THE ARTICLE: If you put your will in a bank safe deposit box that only you can access, your family might need to obtain a court order to retrieve it.

Nicole ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Are those safety deposit boxes really secure?  I still understand the bank possibly holds another Key, I paid a deposit in case the lock needs "drilled out", & I believe the boxes are removable from the bank. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy wrote:

(9/20/23)

I had thought putting mine in my bank Safety Deposit Box was the "wise" thing to do. But it is NOT!

FROM THE ARTICLE: If you put your will in a bank safe deposit box that only you can access, your family might need to obtain a court order to retrieve it.

Nicole ๐Ÿ‘ต

Hey Nicole!!!

You can also authorize a designee to be able to have access to your bank safe deposit box.

I already have read this article as I am an AARP member.

Thanks for highlighting it.

Most people don't know crap about wills and such.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP