Meet Age-Defying People Doing Incredible Things — and Disrupting Aging. Share Your Story

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: You Know You Are A Baby Boomer Because...

Message 1 of 97 (364 Views)

I know I am a Baby Boomer because

- I cannot stand to be "connected" all the time

- I cannot keep up with (or wear) the newest fashion, especially shoes.

This is also a problem since I have to wear "junior" size clothes; seems they think in this category every body is less than 25 years old.

Frequent Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 97 (374 Views)

lewis334 wrote:

I remember the Viet Nam War and soldiers didn't come home to a hero's welcome.

I was 13 yrs old when John Kennedy got assasinated and watched the funeral in black and white.

It's amazing to see how technology changed over the years such as color tvs come into existence. Then choosing different types of TVs such as plasma, LCD, LED, flat screens and now smart TVs that too was amazing.....

VHS and Cassettes tapes are a thing of the past. Now they're updated to DVDs and CDs.

Cells phones are smart phones that have pretty much anything at your fingertips.

It's intersting to see how technology has changed the world that we now live in...

Agreed. In spite of the optimism prevalent among boomers, who among us could have predicted this explosion of technology? The upshot is that many of the devices we take for granted today were created by people inspired by the Star Trek series. The cellular phone, for example.

We still have a long way to go before we achieve Roddenbury's vision of a united planet, but we have cloned several of the gadgets. Cool topic.

Deleted

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 97 (377 Views)

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 97 (526 Views)

I played Jax and my kids grandkids don't know what they are or how to play the game.

Conversationalist

Message 5 of 97 (703 Views)

As a boy, your first crush was Annette Funicello from "The Mickey Mouse Club".

Message 6 of 97 (721 Views)

I remember all the things everyone has posted...How much fun did we have?   Walking home from a scary movie eg...Godzilla, Dracula,   with friends and getting scared and running the rest of way home

On a more somber side,  I remember having nuclear bombing drills in school....Having to hide under our desks....like that was really going to help....Wasn't sure what a nuclear bomb blast would be like, but knew wasn't good.  After being shown those films (projector).

But all in all were good times. 

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 97 (726 Views)

No helicopter parenting. Us kids were simply told "Go outside and play!" And play we did, all over the neighborhood, because there were so many other kids to play with. And we didn't have to come home until the streetlights came on!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 8 of 97 (561 Views)

If you were born in the nineteen forthy and listen to music you could understand ,eat all that was given to you on your plate,listen to your(they knew best) parents and your elders,went to the movie and watch the new reels and cartoons and had a wondeful time.Televison(only black and white) and a telephone were luxuries.

GONE for EVER are the GOOD OLD DAYS. 

Info Seeker +

Message 9 of 97 (574 Views)
When you remember the days of no computers no smart phone and black and white TV
Conversationalist

Message 10 of 97 (582 Views)

You have a blacklight and posters all over your bedroom.  Also a strobe light and you were listening to Jimmy Hendrix and Cream.