Free Caregiving Webinar: Managing Your Loved One’s Finances - Tuesday at 7p.m. ET  Register Now

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: When I'm gone.

Message 1 of 7 (495 Views)

g28834s wrote:

The thought of mortality crosses my mind every once in a while. In fact, my last vacation to the Guadalupe Mountains was supposed to be my last.

I went out there to die.

But, it wasn't to be. So, I moved on to Angel Peak, sat out a badass storm in a tent, with Uncle Creepy the Serial Killer lurking about out there, somewhere in the night, and came back home. Meh. When your time's up, sit back & enjoy the ride. Nothing you can do about it, so don't sweat it.

Yeah...there will not be another opportunity. So do what you can while you can.  In the end or in the beginning, everything is 'star-dust'....whether it moves or not.  Here is another by Ewan MacCall that you may appreciate.  It's called "The Joy of Living".  You can access the lyrics by going to your search engine.  Type in his name or the title.  Then open the link and enjoy.  I could type it, but then you would miss the opportunity to see all the rest of the good stuff that poets and folk singers see and most folks don't until it just doesn't matter anymore.  Enjoy my friend.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 2 of 7 (503 Views)

The thought of mortality crosses my mind every once in a while. In fact, my last vacation to the Guadalupe Mountains was supposed to be my last.

I went out there to die.

But, it wasn't to be. So, I moved on to Angel Peak, sat out a badass storm in a tent, with Uncle Creepy the Serial Killer lurking about out there, somewhere in the night, and came back home. Meh. When your time's up, sit back & enjoy the ride. Nothing you can do about it, so don't sweat it.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 7 (615 Views)

SusieC51 wrote:

Energy never dies, many have suggested we merely move to another dimension, others say asleep until Jesus calls, reincarnation perhaps! This I know, time is passing like the blink of an eye! 

“Energy never dies”

That’s scientific fact from a physics perspective. Everyone and everything is made up of millions of tiny atoms that originated during the big bang timeline. Those atoms and its energy can’t be created or destroyed, they never die.

What does happen to those millions of atoms after we die, no doubt they’re recycled but how? Are they transported to another dimension? Do we get our call from Jesus?

“Momma always said dyin’ was a part of life” …. Forrest Gump

Gold Conversationalist

Message 4 of 7 (642 Views)

Energy never dies, many have suggested we merely move to another dimension, others say asleep until Jesus calls, reincarnation perhaps! This I know, time is passing like the blink of an eye! 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 7 (681 Views)

When I'm gone.

Life is a **bleep**, and then you die. or something to that effect.

How does that song go ........... Enjoy yourself it's later then you think.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 7 (701 Views)

umbarch64 wrote:

Today I am feeling mortal more than usual. Not a bad thing....I am mortal.  For me, this life is the only one we know with certitude we have.  Not everyone sees things that way.  IF they did perhaps they would view things just a bit differently. 

>>

Something to think about when you're feeling mortal.  I can't think of a thing to add.

Thanks for sharing!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

When I'm gone.

Message 7 of 7 (525 Views)

Today I am feeling mortal more than usual. Not a bad thing....I am mortal.  For me, this life is the only one we know with certitude we have.  Not everyone sees things that way.  IF they did perhaps they would view things just a bit differently. 

IF you too think about these things from time to time, you may find this meaningful.  I do.  The poem loses something without the music, but here for you to mull over are the words of "When I'm Gone" by Phil Ochs....he will never write another.

There's no place in the world where I'll belong when I'm gone

And I won't know the right from the wrong when I'm gone

And you won't find me singin' on this song when I'm gone

So I guess I'll have to do it while I'm here.

And I won't feel the flowing of the time when I'm gone

All the pleasures of love will not be mine when I'm gone

My pen won't pour a lyric line when I'm gone

And I won't breathe the bracing air when I'm gone

And I can't even worry 'bout my cares when I'm gone

Won't be asked to do my share when I'm gone

And I won't be running from the rain when I'm gone

and I can't even suffer from the pain when I'm gone

Can't say who's to praise and who's to blame when I'm gone

Won't see the golden of the sun when I'm gone

And the evenings and mornings will be one when I'm gone

Can't be singing louder than the guns when I'm gone

All my days won't be dances of delight when I'm gone

And the sands will be shifting from my sight when I'm gone

Can't add my name into the fight while I'm gone

And I won't be laughing at the lies when I'm gone

And I can't question how or when or why when I'm gone

Can't live proud enough to die when I'm gone

So I guess I'll have to do it while i'm here.

There's no place in this world where I'll belong when I'm gone

And I won't know the right from the wrong when I'm gone

And you won't find me singin' on this song when I'm gone

So I guess I'll have to do it while I'm here

So I guess I'll have to do it

I guess I'll have to do it

Guess I'll have to do it while I'm here.

Something to think about when you're feeling mortal.  I can't think of a thing to add.