Free Caregiving Webinar: Managing Your Loved One’s Finances - Tuesday at 7p.m. ET  Register Now

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: What was the happiest time in your life?

Message 1 of 64 (11 Views)

I think it was when I went to college and met this wonderful person who couldn't speak English.  He could say only 2 words, hi, and bye.  We smiled and laughed a lot.  After, we dated for a year, and his English picked up, he proposed to me but my parents were against it, my parents wanted me to marry a person in the military. ( I couldn't stand military because they are about power,control and force).

I knew he was for me and he loved me so much. He was from Tonga, the Friendly Islands.The Tongans are so friendly and have so much LOVE!

I was blessed with 1 girl and 4 boys.  They are my light of the world and now have 3 grandchildren-2 girls and 1 boy and they are my universe- full of love and light and compassion.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 2 of 64 (70 Views)

My happiest time was when I went away for college.  I felt independent and eager to discover lots of things about the world. 

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 64 (143 Views)

I have to say that i cant answer this questions because i have a lot of happiest times such as having my children spending time with my father and re connecting with my former husband after 20 years and having a great time

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 64 (199 Views)
The Happy years are my life now after Divorce. I was married 43 years a dedicated wife and mother. I raised two sons and a daughter. They are the Joy of my Life. I have 5 grandchildren I adore. I now have time for me. I really Love this Single Life. I eat heathy, exercise and want to live an enriched Life .
Gold Conversationalist

Message 5 of 64 (323 Views)

My happiest years were when I was divorced after being married for 10 years.  I had an unhappy childhood thanks to a controlling father and a spiteful mother.  I got married to a nice man but it wasn't for me.  We had two small children but I still couldn't stand being married.  He moved close by so the children still had both parents, just in different houses.  I worked three jobs and was able to take my sons with me to the weekend job.  The third job I did from home.  For 25 years I stayed divorced, raised my sons, did what I wanted, and was very happy.  I didn't remarry until my sons were independent adults 25 years later.  Those 25 years living independently were the happiest years of my life.  I'm now 78 years old, and still consider those years the best.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 64 (343 Views)
When I turned 65 , after working 25 yrs in private industry, and 22 yrs in the GOVERMENT, I retired on my birthday and bought my a 18' RV took my Yorkery and went all the way to MAINE. Found a traveling campion, enjoyed it for 15 more years! Sally Kolar, Arvada,CO
Gold Conversationalist

Message 7 of 64 (560 Views)

I had a very happy childhood.  We weren't rich in money, but we were rich in experiences.  My parents had a business and my brothers and I would help them.  It wasn't work to us but fun!  We had great family get togethers with our aunts, uncles and cousins.  Summers were hot and we would go the lake to cool off; winters were cold and snowy.  It seems like those innocents days are gone and won't be back, sigh!

Conversationalist

Message 8 of 64 (581 Views)

When I was rearing my two sons from infancy to adolescence.  I enjoyed being a stay-at-home mom during the elementary years and guiding them as best I knew how into adulthood.  it wasn't always easy, but I loved taking care of tehm.

Conversationalist

Message 9 of 64 (639 Views)

I have lots of happy chapters in my life.   I had a great childhood in the country where I could ride my bike everywhere, enjoy my pets, family activities.   I was happy when I got my job at age 20 & happy when I could retire at age 50.   Now I am at a very happy time in my life with a great husband pursuing all the interests & hobbies I never had the time to enjoy when I was working.   Each new day is a day of possibility. 

Conversationalist

Message 10 of 64 (727 Views)

I think my happiest time is right now. I’m 64, recently retired, in good health, raised 3 wonderful boys, now men. I can help with grandchildren and really enjoy the one who is most challenging - he sure is like his father! I never remarried, I do wish I would have met someone but I accept single and thoroughly enjoy my active circle of friends. I’m blessed with good fortune and the ability to live life at a high level of engagement on many levels.