Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: What was the happiest time in your life?

Message 1 of 79

One of the happiest times in my life was when I decided to leave the Bronx, NY and travel to College in Ypsilanti, Michigan(Eastern Michigan University).  I was in my 30s, and this was my first college experience.  I was always the oldest student in the class so I knew all the answers.  The only person older than me, was my history professor.(his notes were the color of gold).  Every day I would be the first one to arrive in class. of course I sat in the front row.  After my classes I would go swimming, and run laps in the gym.  I was in the best shape of my life. I attended frat parties, ate a lot of pizza and met some wonderful individuals...some of whom I am still in touch with.  What a fun time I had! 

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 79

Each new day makes me happy ❤️

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 79

Living on lake Minnetonka and just going out the front door and down and Hill and jump in the lake always was the best thing I remember when I was a kid

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 79

This past summer was a high point in my life. After recently retiring from a political science professorship, I spent a good part of the summer exploring the Missouri River near my home in a kayak. Every trip was unique and spectacular. I sighted eagles, great blue herons, ospreys, piping plovers,and least terns; picnicked on sandbars with friends; drifted with the current; battled headwinds; participated in a local race against the spring current. The peace of the river is with me still.

Conversationalist

Message 5 of 79

That is a simple one.  My wife and a 4 year old great grand son were diagnosed with canser the same week.  Both had serious problems during and after treatment and I almost lose my wife.  his year we will get together on December 30th as a family; but any time we get together is the happiest time.  Come to think of it the two of us making hot cider this afternoon could have been the happiest.  We don't have many times that would qualify.  We are just two old folks sharing our lives with others.

Conversationalist

Message 6 of 79

Raising 2 sons who turned out to be terrific men and my beautiful granddaughter. Great memories of over 50 yrs of wonderful friendships. Hardships that actually made me stronger. Faith / dependency on God and so many answers  to prayer. At 67 yrs young, I can look back and say " All things work for the good...." Romans 8:28

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 79

Your story made me smile, so happy for you! Now I hope I understood you right, did you marry the young man after all? Against your parents wishes? I mean seriously, this is your life and you want to be happy and if he’s the one, than he’s the one!!

good Luck and congratulations on all your babies & grandbabies! ☺️

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 79

Nice!!! You got your baby girl!! I went for number 3 and had my third son, but it didn’t matter, he’s an awesome young man! Mine are ages 30, 28 and 22 yrs old and I also raised my stepson who is only 3 weeks younger than my oldest and he’s also 30! 

And I just became a grandma to another baby boy!! I love him so much!

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 79

I am 71+ years old and have been blessed with countless happy times over the decades for which I am deeply grateful.  However, today I am the happiest because more happy times are added to these bountiful memories.  

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 79

In 1982 I gave birth to my beautiful daughter, 1985 along came my awesome son!! You just can't top how wonderful your lives become ♥️♥️♥️