Call Your Senator at 844-222-0104 and Urge Them to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Bill

Gold Conversationalist

Re: What's the best Valentine gift you ever received?

Message 1 of 9 (972 Views)

When I was in 4th grade at Keyes Union Elementery School in Keyes Calif, a boy, Billy B liked me, but I was too shy to talk to him.  He wanted to give me a necklace, but whenever he tried, I just ran away scared.  As Valentine's day neared, his family moved away to Hayward Calif, but before they did, he left his Valentines for the teacher, Mrs Kirkham to hand out to the class.  My envelope from him was lumpy, & inside I found the pretty necklace he had tried so often to give me.  Billy wrote to me once, but he didn't include a return address, so I wasn't able to write him back.  I would like to have been able to thank him.  I never saw or heard from him again, and I still have that Valentine necklace.  I tried to attach a pic of it here, but for whatever reason, I couldn't.

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 9 (1,046 Views)

One year my husband drove me to a homemade chocolate store nearby and told me "Buy whatever you want."  What could be better than that!

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 9 (1,095 Views)
my husband
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 9 (1,118 Views)

The year my late husband gave me a ruby and diamond heart necklace. I was totally surprised. We had just opened our own business and money wasn't plentiful.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 9 (1,376 Views)

In the interest of decency, I can't elaborate.  Smiley Tongue

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 9 (1,388 Views)

AARPTeri wrote:

@Epster That is always great gift giving an experience!  I do that with my adult children often!

A great way to give!

We've always felt that these experience gifts knit us closer together: we have many happy shared memories (and stories) because of them. 

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Community Manager

Message 7 of 9 (1,400 Views)

@Epster That is always great gift giving an experience!  I do that with my adult children often!

AARPTeri
Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 8 of 9 (1,410 Views)

We're big on giving the gift of experience, so for us a great gift is summiting a mountain together, or cycling someplace new or a great day of birdwatching.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Community Manager

What's the best Valentine gift you ever received?

Message 9 of 9 (1,414 Views)

Growing up, I was one of three girls.  Every year our father had a valentine heart box of chocolates laid out for each of us and a bigger heart for my mother.  It is now a treasured memory.

AARPTeri