AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: What do I still want to accomplish in my life?

Message 1 of 51

@Prosecco6247  Thanks, I'll have to check out some of that soon.  Right now, my bucket is a bit empty. Trying to figure out what I still want to do. Now that I got my cataracts removed, I'm thinking pretty positive for the most part.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 51

Enlightenment.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 51

@JoyaDe  I don't have any suggestions for you right now re:  where you should go.  I am busy going through all of my Road Scholar and cruise line catalogues trying to get ideas for myself.  I wanted to ask you, though, have you tried any of the "travel forums" on AARP?  

There are some active travelers on those discussions and I'll bet they would be full of ideas for you!  Check on the right side of the Community page where the various discussions are listed.  Click on "Travels" and the drop-down menu lists a.)  destinations b.)  solo travel  c.)  tips and d.) reveal your travel secrets.

Happy trails!

travel gifs

Let us know if you get some great ideas...the rest of us might want to check it out!

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Message 4 of 51

I must be thinking positively because I just got the photo's taken to renew my passport.  I thought about asking the gal to just keep snapping until she got a good one, but I knew she only had an eight hour shift.....so...they look like a person re-entering the USA after a whirlwind 10 city tour in 7 days.  

Years ago, I had promised myself that all of my out of country visits would be done while I was still able to jump, twirl, run, and dodge my way out of oncoming traffic. Well that's not going to happen. 

Now I need to decide where I want to go. Revisit a place I've loved, or find someplace new?

Anyone have some ideas for me?  I have enjoyed cruises. I enjoyed resorts, both the all inclusive and the ala carte types. Oh, and I don't want to be on an airplane for too many hours to get there. 

Thanks for any and all idea. 

Gold Conversationalist

Message 5 of 51

@Prosecco6247 Thank you, I've been meaning to post and ask how this is done, but I really hadn't looked too hard first to see if I could find it in the discussion rules.  This format is a bit cumbersome here at AARP, but I've dealt with worse.

amcoffiebean

Message 6 of 51

@volunteer67  Thank you for posting these directions. I've looked around on the website, and never did find directions on how to do this.  Otherwise, if a post isn't the first one to respond to someones message, you can't be quite sure where in the array it will land. So,,thanks again.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 51

volunteer67 wrote:
I just love reading your post. I've commented before but then I thought of a saying I heard from my mother; "The same sun that melts butter, hardens clay." You took what would harden some and blessed the world with your wisdom, tenacity, and the list of positive adjectives goes on...

@volunteer67   ...and I just loved reading yours!  I love "folk wisdom" sayings like your mother's.

I wondered who you were referencing with your post. though.  Did you know that you can type in the @ sign and a "pop-up" box in the lower left-hand corner will appear.  It contains the names of the posters who have been responding.  If you highlight the name of the person you wish to address, it will come up in red in the dialogue box...just as your screen name has appeared here.  This will also send an alert to the person that they have been mentioned in a post and they can respond that much sooner!  Happy trails and happy posting! ~  Mimi  

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 8 of 51
I just love reading your post. I've commented before but then I thought of a saying I heard from my mother; "The same sun that melts butter, hardens clay." You took what would harden some and blessed the world with your wisdom, tenacity, and the list of positive adjectives goes on...
Conversationalist

Message 9 of 51

Hi 

I am Cherie I live in NY. I am pretty you like everyone tells me. Have been on disability for the past 3 years. Hate it. Lost me there for pass 2 years and I looking   For sunshine and to laugh and laugh

Conversationalist

Message 10 of 51
You are my hero. My mantra, believe in God, believe in myself and I can do anything. You are the everything.