Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Terminally Ill Mom Whose Best Friend Promised to Adopt Her Four Kids Has Died

Message 1 of 4 (196 Views)

Soosie wrote:
Thanks for posting. I love stories about people who do the right thing. Don''t you know her blessings will be many as she is Mom to these children?

Soosie
These women must have had a strong loving bond.  The children and their new mom are all winners!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Re: Terminally Ill Mom Whose Best Friend Promised to Adopt Her Four Kids Has Died

Message 2 of 4 (207 Views)
Thanks for posting. I love stories about people who do the right thing. Don''t you know her blessings will be many as she is Mom to these children?

Soosie

Message 3 of 4 (269 Views)

This lady had a truly amazing friend.

Terminally Ill Mom Whose Best Friend Promised to Adopt Her Four Kids Has Died

Message 4 of 4 (271 Views)

Sara Hankins, the mother of four who made headlines in December when her longtime best friend promised to adopt her kids, died Monday after a debilitating battle with ALS, according to her online obituary. She was 36.

According to the obituary posted by a funeral parlor, Hankins was surrounded by her family at her home in Milan, Illinois, at the time of her death. She’s survived by her four children - Alexis, 18, Cayden, 11, Micah, 9, and Amara, 8 - as well as her grandparents, mother, siblings, siblings’ spouses and nieces and nephews.

Hankins’ best friend - Missy Armstrong - previously told PEOPLE that as Hankins entered the final stages of battle with the neurodegenerative disease (for which there is no cure), her thoughts were only with the future of her four children.

“The thought of where they would go was killing her more than the ALS was,” Armstrong, told PEOPLE. “It consumed her everyday thoughts, because none of her family members were able to take in all four kids together.”

That’s what motivated Armstrong to adopt her friend’s children.

“I decided to step in,” the 42-year-old explained. “I knew in my heart this was the right thing to do, that this was how it was meant to be.”

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/terminally-ill-mom-whose-best-222821354.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_tes...