The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: San Diego Brewery Makes Beer From Treated Sewage Water

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 7 (406 Views)

Many cities in the US release treated sewage water into lakes, streams and rivers. Many Great Lakes cities release their treated sewage water into them and then they use the treated water from the lakes for their public drinking water. In cities like Milwaukee, Chicago and others they use this treated water to produce their beers, for drinking water, water their gardens with and wash their clothes in. Here in Madison, WI our treated sewage water is released into a stream flowing into lakes down stream that people swim in and eat fish from.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Silver Conversationalist

Message 2 of 7 (426 Views)

. . . and dogs drink out of toilets.

Conversationalist

Message 3 of 7 (441 Views)

I don't think I would be tying one on there.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 7 (522 Views)

retiredtraveler wrote:

So, when someone says this beer tastes like *&%###, it will be true!

But seriously, as a long-time environmentalist, I hope this is the start of a trend.

Me too!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 7 (533 Views)

So, when someone says this beer tastes like *&%###, it will be true!

But seriously, as a long-time environmentalist, I hope this is the start of a trend.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.

Message 6 of 7 (569 Views)

OK  I had no idea where to put this article so I went for the Random Thoughts and Conversation.

I read this and wondered how many people would read the article and then actually go and try the beer.   

I liked the ad  which reads  Stone Full Circle Pale Ale.  Smiley Wink

San Diego Brewery Makes Beer From Treated Sewage Water

Message 7 of 7 (574 Views)

San Diego’s Stone Brewing, the nation’s ninth-largest brewery, has unveiled a beer made with treated sewage water.

The recycled-water pale ale is called Full Circle. Stone made five barrels of the beer using water treated at the city’s Pure Water demonstration plant, according to the Times of San Diego.

San Diego officials hope to purify enough recycled water by 2035 to handle one-third of the city’s drinking water supply.

Stone’s chief operating officer, Pat Tiernan, said the purified recycled water is actually better than what the brewery uses now.

“This particular water will just help us not require so much natural water to come in and give us a more reliable source,” Tiernan told San Diego 6. “So for us to be able to reuse, that’s part of our mantra, that’s part of what we do,” Tiernan said. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/stone-brewing-toilet-to-tap_us_58cc60c7e4b0be71dcf4fc2f?section=...