Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Social Butterfly

Re: Never too late to achieve a goal, share with us what you have accomplished.

Message 1 of 30
Good for you - you're never too old to learn anything you want. I look forward to hearing about your graduation!
Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 30

rp8149 wrote:

I am learning spanish at the age of 72, because I have lots of hipanic friends, and I want to suprise them. I also am studing courses  for my MSN degree, where I recieve my BSN degree in nursing from

Lewis University in Romeoville, IL. With my Lord help I will accomplish my goals in 2018 January:

@rp8149  That's so fabulous! You are an incredible example; thank you. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Silver Conversationalist

Message 3 of 30

I am learning spanish at the age of 72, because I have lots of hipanic friends, and I want to suprise them. I also am studing courses  for my MSN degree, where I recieve my BSN degree in nursing from

Lewis University in Romeoville, IL. With my Lord help I will accomplish my goals in 2018 January:

Message 4 of 30

ip3285 wrote:

I earned by Bachelor's Degree in Natural Health at age 70,  my Master's Degree in Herboloty at age 74, and am just finishing my dissertation for my PhD in Botanical Medicine.  I hope to have it before my 79th birthday in July.  My older son, who's in his mid-50s and works full time, is just finishing his dissertation in the medical/business field.  He has to be finished before the end of the year.  We're "racing" to see who becomes "doctor" first, but I plan to let him win.  When he earns his PhD it will be as much an accomplishment for me as it is for him.  I feel so proud that my son has done so much.  I must add that my younger son has done just as well, but in a different field.   When I had children, my goal was to raise them to be responsible humans, and I'm happy to say that I've accomplished what I started over 50 years ago.

@ip3285  You are incredibly inspiring. Thank you!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Highlighted
Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 30

I earned by Bachelor's Degree in Natural Health at age 70,  my Master's Degree in Herboloty at age 74, and am just finishing my dissertation for my PhD in Botanical Medicine.  I hope to have it before my 79th birthday in July.  My older son, who's in his mid-50s and works full time, is just finishing his dissertation in the medical/business field.  He has to be finished before the end of the year.  We're "racing" to see who becomes "doctor" first, but I plan to let him win.  When he earns his PhD it will be as much an accomplishment for me as it is for him.  I feel so proud that my son has done so much.  I must add that my younger son has done just as well, but in a different field.   When I had children, my goal was to raise them to be responsible humans, and I'm happy to say that I've accomplished what I started over 50 years ago.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 30

rockaria wrote:

I'm a 57 year old woman.  I'm overweight, out of shape, and suffer from arthritis and depression.  Signing up for a six-week fitness boot camp is NOT something I would have predicted for myself, but that's exactly what I did.  I work out three days a week.  Workouts are only 30 minutes, but very intense!  I'm nearly finished with my 4th week, and I'm actually enjoying it.  I'm losing weight while gaining strength and confidence.  Yes, all of my muscles ache.  I'm aching in places I didn't even know I had muscles.  But I'm a little bit proud of those aches.  When my six week challenge is over, I can see myself continuing the workouts.  Go me!!

You GO GIRL !

Bet the depression is better too and I also bet that you are sleeping better.

Super Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 30

I scored a goal playing hockey once.  🏒🥅

Message 8 of 30

rockaria wrote:

I'm a 57 year old woman.  I'm overweight, out of shape, and suffer from arthritis and depression.  Signing up for a six-week fitness boot camp is NOT something I would have predicted for myself, but that's exactly what I did.  I work out three days a week.  Workouts are only 30 minutes, but very intense!  I'm nearly finished with my 4th week, and I'm actually enjoying it.  I'm losing weight while gaining strength and confidence.  Yes, all of my muscles ache.  I'm aching in places I didn't even know I had muscles.  But I'm a little bit proud of those aches.  When my six week challenge is over, I can see myself continuing the workouts.  Go me!!

Rock on @rockaria!  As DH and I discovered, those aches and pains are signs of improvement. I predict that very, very soon you will be feeling better than you've felt in years. Smiley Happy  Go you, indeed!!!

Kudos Thumbs Up.png

PS DH just saw this and told me I undersold it. Smiley Happy He says you will likely soon feel better than you have in decades. May that be true. Smiley Happy

Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 30

Message 10 of 30

bgsdaughter wrote:

I have always had a love for books, as did most of my family.  My father and I sold books at flea markets for great prices (25-50 cents for paperbacks, $1 for hardcovers) and we did this for over 30 years helping people find books and authors they loved.  In addition, we sold comic books and our little business (yes we paid taxes on it) kept my Dad and Mom going in their retirement years and I learned a lot about running a business.

I lovd books and always check the resale stalls.  It is wonderful when your occupation matches your real interests!!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith