ACA Open Enrollment Ends Dec. 15. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Keeping a positive attitude about aging

Message 1 of 29
Left you a long note before reading this and making the assn. Seeing this, you may simply be suffering from guilt. You have a right to your joy. Don't apologize to the world. Share what you can. Your attitude may improve when you find the correct focus for you. You sound like a person open to joy. Thank you for your posting because I got much from your replies.
Report Inappropriate Content
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 2 of 29
Hello chkntza - I am so late seeing this, but you already received excellent replies. I am a planner and worrier. Sometimes I would sit up in bed. Age teaches up how little control we have. We are closer to the end by nature. I knew exactly what my daughter & hubby were doing wrong and how my grands should be reared in specific areas. Since I didn't do so good with my 1 test subject, but can thank babysitters, I have a nerve. My family is incredible and adore and support one another. I'm the outsider for worrying and being so negative. A few funerals put things in perspective. People speak fondly if they have positive memories but laugh and joke if they don't. Don't become the joke. The considered loser who smiled & made others smile will be remembered kinder than the successful fool none enjoyed. You will learn to face your fears and others can't talk you out of what makes "you." Life works out OK for cancer survivors, fire victims (burns & material loss), hurricane and earthquake victims. Be joyful about every day you can stand, see hear and make decisions on your own. That is your luck and happiness (or blessing if you have a faith). Retirement feels odd because of the freedom and clock disconnect. Volunteer if you need a schedule. You are the example for your neighborhood, family and friends. Set a good example and show them how it's done. Be selfish and love yourself. This is our time.
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 29

l974632f wrote:

I believe our lives are what we make them. Our values, our principles, our positive thoughts (or negative) all help to create our reality, our life. Being aware of this and living a life of gratitude is a peaceful, healthy way to get through the days.

@l974632f  You have  a good outlook!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 29

I believe our lives are what we make them. Our values, our principles, our positive thoughts (or negative) all help to create our reality, our life. Being aware of this and living a life of gratitude is a peaceful, healthy way to get through the days.

Message 5 of 29

h969372t wrote:

I am a born again believer and I praise God for every year He gives me. Aging is something that happens to everyone who is given a long life. I feel badly for those who die young. Have never lied about my age.

@h969372t  welcome.

Yes aging happens to evryone but how people deal with it varies greatly. Good for you not lying about your age.  If you earned those years be proud of them : )

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 29

I am a born again believer and I praise God for every year He gives me. Aging is something that happens to everyone who is given a long life. I feel badly for those who die young. Have never lied about my age.

Message 7 of 29

chkntza wrote:

@nyadrnThank you.  I just figured out what you said.  I love learning new things.

You are welcome!  and welcome!

Good to see a positive attitude : )

Conversationalist

Message 8 of 29

@nyadrnI hope so too.  I am focused on making that happen.

Conversationalist

Message 9 of 29

@nyadrnThank you.  I just figured out what you said.  I love learning new things.

Message 10 of 29

@chkntza Well huzzbah to you! Good going; glad you feel like like is getting better. Here's hoping that feeling never goes away and that your every tomorrow has at least one beautiful moment. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving