AARP’s New Video Explains the Perils of the Health Care Bill in Storybook Fashion. Watch Here

Silver Conversationalist

Re: Is There A Household Chore You Dislike?

Message 1 of 9 (420 Views)

Yup, changing the litter box.  That reminds me, I've gotta change it because the cleaning lady is coming over tomorrow.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 9 (507 Views)
@Prosecco.......While I am not a petite woman, I have found as I age, I don't like heights. My dogs have set up daily residence on my screened porch during the day. They don't want any part of staying in the fenced area. So, I now call it the "dog den." It has a cement floor that I can hose out easily should I need to. Back to the height thing. There are three dog houses there. One has a flat top. My son built this really nice dog house for the two of them. Over that area is one of the ceiling fans. I needed to pull the switch. I can't move the dog house, so I got on the steps and was going to step across. Fear took over. I crawled on the top of the house with instructions to the dogs that "Mama" was going to try to get the courage to stand and not to get in my way ;when I tried to come back to the steps. I was able to pull the chain and the fan works when needed.

Soosie
Conversationalist

Message 3 of 9 (514 Views)

I really dislike doing bathrooms.  As a result I went looking around the community and found a high school student who was looking for part time cleaning work to help her save for college.  I hired her on the spot, after checking with her parents and her principal at the school.  She is a lovely young woman who is a hard worker and I will often offer her other jobs around the house for extra pay.  With all the talk about the "snowflake generation" I was so happy to find that there are responsible young people who do not think the world owes them an education or a perfect life.

Message 4 of 9 (524 Views)

Thought of this one yesterday because the need came up: either culling or slaughtering chickens. This always falls to me. I do it, but I really dislike having to.

(Every household is different. Ours is a farm. I'm the farmer.)

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 5 of 9 (527 Views)

WASHING (EXPETIVE DELETED) DISHES.

FEET . . no problem.

WINDOWS . . . no problem.

CLOTHES . . no problem.

MY LOVELY BRIDE'S BACK . . . nooo problem.

DOG . . . no problem.

DISHES . . . problem.

Period.

Topics: 51
Kudos: 1,581

Message 6 of 9 (534 Views)

@Soosie  I loved the way you phrased the title of your topic:

"Is There A Household Chore You Dislike?"  A chore???  

I dislike them all!  Dusting is probably one that I don't mind as much as many others.  As a petite woman, I generally hate the chores that cause me to have to drag out a step-stool or other extraneous equipment in order to complete what would normally be a small task.

I think folding sheets is a close second...folding anything, really.  What's funny about that is that I don't mind ironing!  I know most people don't do that any more but I'm still "old school" and really prefer nice, crisp clothes, table linens and pillow cases.  A great professional style Rowenta is the secret to getting it done fast!

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 9 (556 Views)

"...Is there a household chore you dislike?  I dislike dusting furniture."

Weekly? We dust 2-3 times a year. Actually, DW does it. I have never done it.  I hate painting --- outside, inside, it doesn't matter. 

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”

Message 8 of 9 (580 Views)

I have no talent for washing windows. Push the dirt around is more like it. I like having clean windows, however. Smiley Happy It usually requires a second pass to get more clean and less streaks out of me. 

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Is There A Household Chore You Dislike?

Message 9 of 9 (586 Views)

Is there a household chore you dislike?  It could be inside or outside.  I dislike dusting furniture.  Someone once said, "you can tie cloths to your arms and legs and run through your home, but then you have to do it again next week."

Soosie