How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Info Seeker

Re: If you could bring back one trend from the 60s and 70s,, what would it be?

Message 51 of 95 (1,234 Views)

There are so many things that I could add to this list from those times, but by far the most important of all, and still is to me, is the belief that all of mankind can live together in a peaceful manner. Every single person on the planet Earth without exception has a number of completely unavoidable needs.

First, you will need to breathe and add oxygen to your system. If this is not accomplished within an average of 3 minutes, your systems will shut down one after one, and you will die. (Occasionally, a person can go farther, but this is rare).

Secondly, your body requires H20 (Water). A horrific drout will happen within an avrerage of 3 days, which will cause another awful way of dying. 

Thirdly, the average human body can servive 3 weeks before starvation ends it.

My point is that we as humans are all equal; and if we realize that, then we can combine to accomplish amazing things- if not, then the human race can destroy the life on this planet, and hopelly within a number of a few thousand years life will return.

Info Seeker

Message 52 of 95 (1,224 Views)

I agree 100%. Let's take it back a few years. People were so much nicer to each other. If you went to dinner with friends, you actually talked to each other. We did not have phones to look at for the entire dinner. If someone called your home, they would have to catch you the next time you were home. It was just that simple. 

Conversationalist

Message 53 of 95 (1,530 Views)

Social and Peace Activism.

Info Seeker

Message 54 of 95 (1,488 Views)
Leisure Suits ;|
Conversationalist

Message 55 of 95 (1,592 Views)

Question authority...hard!

Conversationalist

Message 56 of 95 (1,518 Views)

I would totally ban cell phone use in all restaurants, businesses, schools, cars, public transport, and even walking down the street.  I saw a man step out in front of a school bus yesterday because he was so busy texting on his cell phone he didn't look before stepping into the street. Lucky for him the bus driver was alert enough to stop!

Info Seeker

Message 57 of 95 (1,424 Views)

Revolution 

Gold Conversationalist

Message 58 of 95 (1,365 Views)

I'd love to see 60s & 70s prices again, but I know that isn't going to happen.  Oh,here's a good one.... people actually making eye contact & being friendly to one another, instead of staring at their cell phone anywhere & everywhere they go.  Remember leaving your house & not knowing (or caring) if someone tried to call you?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 59 of 95 (1,503 Views)

wilful wrote:

"Those were the day, my friends - we thought would never end..."  

Ahhh yes - I still really like all those great protest songs. Smiley Happy

Saw on the news this AM that something else has come back.  Here in California - we again have violent student(and non-student) protesting and rioting.  Right back where it all started: at Berkeley.  Looking at the young faces - I thought "Some of you are repeating what your grandparents were doing some half a century ago."  I think I saw the ghost of Mario Savio in the crowd.

Those were the days - Indeed!

I've been thinking the same thing so often lately.  I regret that so much of history seems to be repeating itself.  I guess we didn't learn the lessons the last time around.  Hopefully we'll do better this time.

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 60 of 95 (1,586 Views)

"Those were the day, my friends - we thought would never end..."  

Ahhh yes - I still really like all those great protest songs. Smiley Happy

Saw on the news this AM that something else has come back.  Here in California - we again have violent student(and non-student) protesting and rioting.  Right back where it all started: at Berkeley.  Looking at the young faces - I thought "Some of you are repeating what your grandparents were doing some half a century ago."  I think I saw the ghost of Mario Savio in the crowd.

Those were the days - Indeed!