Call Your Senator at 844-222-0104 and Urge Them to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Bill

Info Seeker +

Re: If you could bring back one trend from the 60s and 70s,, what would it be?

Message 31 of 95 (722 Views)

TV shows that were entertaining and not riddled with foul language.  

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 95 (835 Views)

I love your post and agree but also for those of us not so moneyed, I miss our maxi skirts and tie-die...

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Info Seeker

Message 33 of 95 (870 Views)

Wow!  that time period was so colorful and fun.  I always say we had it right when it came to spirituality, love, and human intereraction.  It was just a shame it had to be so riddled with drugs.  The spiritual movement is on the return and I think we will find it quite similar to our "hippie" past.

Love, Peace!

Renee E. Cummins
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 34 of 95 (1,030 Views)

The one thing I'd like to see return are the fashion styles made famous by Jacqueline Kennedy, Princess Grace, and Audrey Hepburn. They were simple but elegant, and easily adapted into ready-to-wear lines at various price points. There were the lovely tailored suits and pill box hats, usually worn with gloves and matching accessories, sheath dresses with simple lines or the a-line skirt, and the beautiful and elegant evening dresses ( and I do mean dresses! ). What passes today for ladies' formal wear is nothing but glorified lingerie, IMHO.

Oh, and Jackie-O sunglasses, please!!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 35 of 95 (1,165 Views)

@jserin - Are you complaining about getting notifications each time someone posts to this discussion? If you look at the upper left above the latest post, you'll see the red "reply" bar. Just to the right of that is a gray box with 3 dots in it. If you move your cursor over that, a drop-down box will show up. About the 4th item listed is to "Unsubscribe" from this particular discussion. If you move your cursor down & click on that, you won't get any more notifications for new posts to this topic.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Conversationalist

Message 36 of 95 (1,108 Views)

Please stop sending me this question. For future questions, please send them only once.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 37 of 95 (1,056 Views)

I would bring back the trend of ignoring phones while spending time with family and friends.

Chellé
Info Seeker

Message 38 of 95 (1,057 Views)

I would bring back respect and getting along with each other even if our opinions differ.

Kathy
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 39 of 95 (1,063 Views)

OK WebWiseWoman - you got me!

"So, please don't get mad at me but there was a certain pure product I loved back then..."

I've racked my brain sorting thru foods, drinks, clothing, cars, stimulants - and cannot figure out what your "certain pure product" was - and why we may possibly get mad at you for mentioning it???

I gots to know!!!  Please???

Smiley Frustrated

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 40 of 95 (1,073 Views)

rockaria wrote:
These discussions are supposed to be fun. Why do some people have to be so negative? Any era had its good and bad elements. What would you bring back, if you could? Probably something good.

Your comment is good and worth repeating.

"These discussions are supposed to be fun. Why do some people have to be so negative? Any era had its good and bad elements. What would you bring back, if you could? Probably something good."