Join AARP in Celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Nominate Someone for the AAPI Hero Award

Info Seeker

Re: How do you live your best life?

Message 61 of 71 (1,500 Views)
Married to my best friend...Give God the Glory each day..
Consider myself.blessed every day.enjoying life...try no to sweat the small stuff
Info Seeker

Message 62 of 71 (2,641 Views)
GIVING GOD THE PRAISE HE DESIRES. EATING HEALTY, MODERATE EXERCISE, VOLUNTERING TOWARDS HELPING OTHERS, A CLOSE INNER CIRCLE FAMILY RELATIONSHIP. AND LIVING AS STRESS FREE AS POSIBLE. Smiley Happy
Info Seeker

Message 63 of 71 (2,674 Views)
I believe that having a loving family to look after you in old age is a good reason to make the best of things as we get older! I will be 89 yrs. young in Feb.2015 and in reasonable good health!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 64 of 71 (2,689 Views)

PattyDiane wrote:

I think the way to live my best life is to choose to focus on the positive.

I had an experience many years ago that taught me a very powerful lesson.  I fled my home early for an appointment since my husband was in a bad mood and I didn't want to get into a fight before my meeting.  I knew we were on the verge of getting a divorce and I was just trying to keep it as peaceful as possible while I figured out what to do.  As I had some time to kill I went into a fast food restaurant and ordered coffee and a muffin.  I had brought a book with me and my journal to make notes on what I was reading.  I was feeling very badly about many decisions I had made that put me in this position and actually began to make a list of all those "bad" decisions.

Somewhere along the line I happened to notice that something positive had come out of each of those "bad" decisions and that in all cases, while I didn't always have the outcome I had wanted (I didn't get married and live happily ever after, like in the fairy tales), I had come out of each experience in a better position than I'd been before.  

Ever since then, when times have been tough I've known that I will be even better once I'm through it.

What a powerful statement and revelation you have made with this post of your's, PattiDiane.  Thanks for sharing this very valuable insight with us!  gatorgorilla/Pam

Info Seeker

Message 65 of 71 (2,696 Views)
I feel being happy and peaceful with yourself first then sharing it with others. This year want to find someone to spend time with and put years of loneliness way
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 66 of 71 (2,708 Views)

I think the way to live my best life is to choose to focus on the positive.

I had an experience many years ago that taught me a very powerful lesson.  I fled my home early for an appointment since my husband was in a bad mood and I didn't want to get into a fight before my meeting.  I knew we were on the verge of getting a divorce and I was just trying to keep it as peaceful as possible while I figured out what to do.  As I had some time to kill I went into a fast food restaurant and ordered coffee and a muffin.  I had brought a book with me and my journal to make notes on what I was reading.  I was feeling very badly about many decisions I had made that put me in this position and actually began to make a list of all those "bad" decisions.

Somewhere along the line I happened to notice that something positive had come out of each of those "bad" decisions and that in all cases, while I didn't always have the outcome I had wanted (I didn't get married and live happily ever after, like in the fairy tales), I had come out of each experience in a better position than I'd been before.  

Ever since then, when times have been tough I've known that I will be even better once I'm through it.

Info Seeker

Message 67 of 71 (2,723 Views)
God pays me with a good life for following his laws.
Info Seeker

Message 68 of 71 (2,739 Views)
I am married to my Teenage Sweetheart who is a very special friend as well! We met in July 1951,and when I heard her name(Adrienne)and saw the color of her eyes( Hazel Green) it was love at first sight! Then it was 55 years to the day that we were finally Wed! She's simply a truly unique and wonderful Lady! It's a wonderful life with your first Love this late in the game at 81 years of age. We have been married 8.5 years,and will continue to love each other until the end of time ! Oh yes,my name happens to be Adrian also. Phyllis,one of her oldest friends dubbed me Sammy from my last name(Samuelson) to differentiate between the two names!
Info Seeker

Message 69 of 71 (2,745 Views)

Laughter is the greatest recipe for living your best life. Everyone should find things to make them laugh. When you laugh, laugh out loud! I am 81 years old as of the past December. I love doing things for others, being with others and I love family and family gatherings. You don't have to go out and find serious things in life. Those will find you. Get out int he world and try to make it a better place.    Lilandra Harville

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 70 of 71 (2,839 Views)

Having a down-to-earth DW that puts up with me.............

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”