AARP’s New Video Explains the Perils of the Health Care Bill in Storybook Fashion. Watch Here

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: Happy Random Acts of Kindness Day!

Message 1 of 15 (178 Views)

@m907706g  What a great idea. It is amazing how often, if we look around to see what needs doing, we are able to come up with a nice thing to do as a random act of kindness. I would certainly be shocked and well pleased if I came out during the winter, and found my car brushed off...

Silver Conversationalist

Message 2 of 15 (207 Views)

I have a thing I like to do in winter.  If I'm brushing off my car in a parking lot, I'll turn around and do the one next to me.

Message 3 of 15 (381 Views)

I've had to use one of the carts on a couple different occasions. Once when I had an inner ear infection that had me so dizzy, I was a hazard that would be created if I fell over.  The other time with a disease that had my hips and shoulders so stiff, I had problems walking, reaching, or stooping.  It's amazing how quickly a person can learn to help others when she's needed help herself. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 4 of 15 (388 Views)
JoyaDe - I must say, that with your comments on this subject, you are very perceptive.

I am one of those geezers who has to use the electric cart. (Never thought I would - Ha?).

I have had sweet ladies help me out as you describe. I always thank them and am always grateful for the help.

Thank you for being there for all of us, from all of us
Respected Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 15 (399 Views)

@JoyaDe I adore your giving spirit! You have gifted us with wonderful ideas for helping strangers have better days. Thank you!

I'm stealing this one too, btw. Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 6 of 15 (426 Views)

While in the grocery store, be aware of the people who make use of the electric shopping carts. Often they are using them for the first time, after their surgery, or illness, when their good sense tells them that traveling the entire store under their own power, may not be the best idea. If you notice them in the aisle where you are, make the offer to get items they may want that are not at the level where they are sitting. Getting in and out, trying to stoop, or reach high, is very tough. They will be greatful for your consideration.

Message 7 of 15 (429 Views)

@JoyaDe Another great idea! I think I will steal this. I mean follow your terrific example. Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 8 of 15 (446 Views)

My nephew had a way of brightening a childs day, in this way:  When leaving a restaurant, he tossed the small handful of change he'd been given along the sidewalk. When asked "what are you doing?" His reply was wonderful,  "I remember when I was a kid how excited I was to find money on the sidewalk. So, maybe I just made the day for the next kid that comes along."  So I too have been doing this. Just make sure you scatter the coins in a safe area, and not in the parking lot. 

Message 9 of 15 (460 Views)

JoyaDe wrote:

I sometimes shop at Aldi's where you put in a quarter to use a shopping cart. You get your quarter back when you return it to the stall, but many of us will give our cart to a shopper just arriving, not take their quarter, and tell them to "play it forward" to the next person....  

That is fantastic! Good on you. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15 (463 Views)

I sometimes shop at Aldi's where you put in a quarter to use a shopping cart. You get your quarter back when you return it to the stall, but many of us will give our cart to a shopper just arriving, not take their quarter, and tell them to "play it forward" to the next person....