AARP’s New Video Explains the Perils of the Health Care Bill in Storybook Fashion. Watch Here

Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Happy Random Acts of Kindness Day!

Message 11 of 15 (540 Views)

DougIvy wrote:

Well, I missed it then.

But I will say that acts of random kindness can occur for us, and you if you like, when we are nice to people we meet in stores, or other places where people are.

@DougIvy I like the way you think! 

Everyday really is Random Acts of Kindness Day.

Indeed, I try to make most every person I meet (in the store, on the bike trail ...) smile. I know from personal experience that not only is a smile contagious, a warm smile can change a person's entire day.

Thanks for the uplifting thoughts. Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 12 of 15 (521 Views)

Well, I missed it then.

But I will say that acts of random kindness can occur for us, and you if you like, when we are nice to people we meet in stores, or other places where people are.

We are simply and naturally pleasant to servers, cashiers, stockers, floor walkers, various attendants and all those people who are the working stiffs in places we go.

And guess what - we are remembered, and people look forward to seeing us again.

You want to have a nice conversation with a complete stranger?  Just strike up a conversation with someone in the pet food aisle, or coffee aisle, or any other aisle, in your local supermarket.

[ Edited ]
Message 13 of 15 (482 Views)

25 Random Acts of Kindness that will make someone's day: http://www.mydomaine.com/random-acts-of-kindness

You could celebrate all weekend long! Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 14 of 15 (485 Views)

The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation has declared it a week long celebration:

Check them out here: https://www.randomactsofkindness.org

RAK.png

Happy Random Acts of Kindness Day!

Message 15 of 15 (504 Views)

Today is Random Acts of Kindness Day!

One kind word can warm three winter months. -Japanese proverb.

So. How much warmth can you spread today? Smiley Happy

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”  – Leo Buscaglia

Sometimes it’s the smallest act that makes the biggest impact, something as simple as saying please or thank you can turn a day around, and make a life seem that much better. Random Acts of Kindness Day encourages you to get out there and be the light you want to see in the world.

From: http://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/random-acts-of-kindness-day/