Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Feeling Blessed

Message 1 of 7 (212 Views)

nyadrn wrote:

Many years ago, at a Dale Carnegie class, the instructor told us that if we wrote down our problems on a piece of paper and could then put them on a table and choose someone elses instead, after reading the rest, we would take our own back every time.  Not sure if that is true but I think it is pretty close.

Absolutely. 

We think of this in the following terms: every life is hard. Maybe what others are going through seems easier to you than what you are going through, but rest assured, if it was your problem you'd feel differently.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 7 (253 Views)

Soosie wrote:

>>

So many of us sweat the small stuff.  We can only see what is wrong and miss seeing what is right.  My prayer for myself is that God will grant me good health as long as possible and that I will never lose my soft heart for people who have difficulties.   I see people who can't seem to find many things right in the world and chose to make everything political.  Yes, I went out on a limb with that statement.  We fail to find our blessings.  I am thankful to see the ones I saw today.  

Soosie

I considerate myself very fortunate and do not as you say, sweat the small stuff.  

Many years ago, at a Dale Carnegie class, the instructor told us that if we wrote down our problems on a piece of paper and could then put them on a table and choose someone elses instead, after reading the rest, we would take our own back every time.  Not sure if that is true but I think it is pretty close.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 3 of 7 (266 Views)

DougIvy wrote:

I am one of those people that you see that has certain mobility problems.

I also have other "geezer" problems.

A big one is continual, persistent pain.

But all that is a big nevermind for me, cause I also see other people in my out of the house outings, and I am continually thankful that I do not have the problems that some of the people I see do have.

I thank God every day for the life and love that I have had thus far, and I also 'don't sweat he small stuff"

Ha!

@DougIvy A positive attitude will take you through so much in life. It will also bring opportunities. And it makes life so much sweeter. So good for you! God bless!

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 4 of 7 (279 Views)

I am one of those people that you see that has certain mobility problems.

I also have other "geezer" problems.

A big one is continual, persistent pain.

But all that is a big nevermind for me, cause I also see other people in my out of the house outings, and I am continually thankful that I do not have the problems that some of the people I see do have.

I thank God every day for the life and love that I have had thus far, and I also 'don't sweat he small stuff"

Ha!

Message 5 of 7 (316 Views)

Soosie wrote:

So many of us sweat the small stuff.  We can only see what is wrong and miss seeing what is right.  

@Soosie Excellent reminder to look on the bright side. Thank you!

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 7 (324 Views)
I so agree 👼🏽 , this is the first time I've posted anything on here but you expressed how I feel everyday. Just wanted to say stay blessed and positive 😊
Respected Social Butterfly

Feeling Blessed

Message 7 of 7 (330 Views)

I was not sure where to put this topic, but think it may fit in several groups.

I go to lunch most days at a cafeteria.  Many seniors come to the same place.  

While I am eating, I watch a lot of people.  So many of them have such difficulty walking and many are with walkers or in wheelchairs.  I have no idea what their individual stories are, but the two thoughts I have are that I am so blessed to have reached my age and still walk well and can even go to a work out gym.  The second thought is how I admire these people who are not letting life's tough happenings to them hold them back.  They are out and enjoying a lunch.

So many of us sweat the small stuff.  We can only see what is wrong and miss seeing what is right.  My prayer for myself is that God will grant me good health as long as possible and that I will never lose my soft heart for people who have difficulties.   I see people who can't seem to find many things right in the world and chose to make everything political.  Yes, I went out on a limb with that statement.  We fail to find our blessings.  I am thankful to see the ones I saw today.  

Soosie