The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Do you wear green on St. Patricks Day?

Message 21 of 46 (892 Views)
I began the day with a green sweater. Then it got warmer and the sweater was shed. Now that the sun is down and the temperature is dropping again, the sweater is feeling good once more.
Super Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 46 (969 Views)

The only green I am wearing today is the green beer I spilled down the front of my white shirt!

Info Seeker +

Message 23 of 46 (1,036 Views)
YES
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 24 of 46 (860 Views)

No, stop, don't wear Green, you can't do that...it's an insult to and a form of micro-agression against all those who (1) find green an offensive color, (2) do not believe in Catholicism or the concept of countries and nation states and an insult to the English invaders who favor orange over green...

Silver Conversationalist

Message 25 of 46 (854 Views)

I wore green to the Senior Center where I volunteer 5 days a week . I help with the packing the meals on wheels, and assist with serving lunch. I am not Irish, but it is nice to blend in with the group: It was a fun day:

Info Seeker

Message 26 of 46 (1,009 Views)
Of course!!! I start March first. One day doesn"t cover it.
Conversationalist

Message 27 of 46 (1,106 Views)

Of course, I do.  I was educated by FBI (foreign born Irish) nuns who taught us Irish hymns and fed us green cookies.  They would be in a festive mood all day.  As an adult, I start the day with mass at St Patrick's church and a festive lunch which normally doesn't involve cookies.  

Info Seeker

Message 28 of 46 (1,125 Views)

Of course, pants, blouse, fingernail polish, all green !!

Info Seeker

Message 29 of 46 (1,052 Views)

Of course!!  No, I'm not Irish, but why not join in the fun!  Besides, now, I get to pinch those not wearing green -- since I can see them with my leprechaun eyes!  LOL!  Smiley Happy

Info Seeker

Message 30 of 46 (1,032 Views)

I always do, even though I'm not of Irish ancestery I believe everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's day!  It also happens to be my favorite color and it's fun to join in the festivities of the day.  My sweet mother-in-law was Irish and  introduced me to corned beef and cabbage which I love!

Diann