Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Info Seeker

Re: Do you make your bed?

Message 1 of 68

Yes, everyday, hate crawling into unmade bed. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 68

Yes, every day.  Mom did not leave her bedroom until the bed was made.  Other things may be a mess but the bed is made every single day!

Conversationalist

Message 3 of 68

yes everyday

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 68

No, not usually

Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 68

No.  I have the best reason of all:  I don't want to do it.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 68

I do. My mother insisted that I make my bed each day. When I was out on my own, I sometimes made my bed and other times didn't.  I found that when I made my bed, it was easier to get dressed (I had a place to sit and didn't loose my jewelry in the folds.) and made me feel good to come home to a neat house (I had a place to toss my coat until I had to hang it up to go to bed).

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 68

When my oldest children were toddlers--17 months apart in age--life was pandemonium.  One day I had changed the sheets and made my bed, which I hadn't done regularly at all, but I realized how just one small piece of order made me feel just a touch more in control.  So, 40 years later, I still make it daily and it always give me a sense of order.  I DO let it air out for a little bit firstand wait for the sheets to be cool to the touch before making it, however.

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 68

I do! It is one of the few New Year’s resolutions I have kept. It is a “gift of hospitality that I give to myself.” (Can’t remember where the quote came from.)

Conversationalist

Message 9 of 68

I make the bed every morning as soon as I wake up. I like the room to look nice and neat and I prefer to get into a freshly made bed every night.My made bedMy made bed

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 68

no