Attend AARP's Job Search in the Digital Age Online Workshop, Thursday at 7 p.m. ET. Register Now

Info Seeker

Re: DO YOU HAVE A NICKNAME?

Message 1 of 74 (65 Views)

mich

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 74 (142 Views)

Veronica is my nickname. I always hated my name, Ronni, since everyone assumes that I am a guy so I tell people that they can call me by my nickname, Veronica. Not everyone gets my joke.

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 74 (172 Views)

MICH

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 74 (178 Views)
I use to call my MoM, Henry. That's incredible!
Info Seeker +

Message 5 of 74 (476 Views)

Yes, I do TWIGGY  my cousin's  from the west side of Cleveland. Gave me that name & it has stuck!. I am a thin person & always have been . I was waiting for a bus in downtown Cleveland & I heard TWIGGY being called & looked around & one of my guy cousins was on the bus calling me.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 74 (527 Views)

Yep, it's Bird, named because a ex boyfriend thought I moved around fast and all the time like some finch birds that I had, that was over 40 years ago and people still call me Bird, even my children 😀

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 74 (719 Views)

My nickname came from the fact that I always smile and am in a joyful mood, it is "sunshine". By the way, my first name means "light" in Spanish)!)

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 74 (791 Views)

My youngest son Trevor James, for no reason he could give called me Henry instead of Mom when he was a little boy. 

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 74 (817 Views)

My mother gave me the name Dodie which she stated was a nickname for Dolores, I never thought that was true. Also I lived on Dean St., Bklyn one of the Brown family siblings gave me the nickname Tiny because I was small and very young looking for my age but just as old as they were.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 10 of 74 (932 Views)

When I was born my last name was Baer, so my father decided to call me Teddybaer.  There were people who never knew that Teddy wasn't my real name.  I left the nickname behind when my father died. Since then my favorite nickname was given to me by the beautiful girl that joined our family when my younger son married her mother - my new granddaughter called me MawMaw. Now, at age 24 she still calls me that and I love it.  In not too long I'm taking on a nickname of my choosing.  It'll be "Herbdoc" when I finish my PhD in botanical medicine very soon.  However, I'll never give up the MawMaw nickname, or the Mom that my sons call me.  What's in a name? Depends on the source!