How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Info Seeker

Re: DNA testing

Message 21 of 50 (1,197 Views)

Had mine done on Ancestry. Was well worth the money. Had many surprises.  I was some of what I thought I was, but others that were completely a surprise.  Wait for a sale. They do have them. 

Info Seeker

Message 22 of 50 (1,042 Views)

Had mine done on Ancestry. Was well worth the money. Had many surprises.  I was some of what I thought I was but also others that were completely a surprise.  Wait for a sale. They do have them. 

Info Seeker

Message 23 of 50 (1,179 Views)

I had my DNA tested in 2013.  Almost all of my ancesters died young so not a whole lot of family information came my way.  I learned of all the many cousins I have in Norway.  Through them I have a 1000 page book containing family history and pictures.  The most amazing point of interest is the family farm --- still owned and operated for hundreds of years in the family name!  I am the only family descendent to live to my age.  I was most curious about any genetic disposition to many inherited diseases that I may either carry or have eluded.  All in all, I found the whole testing procedure and eye opening results amazing!

Info Seeker

Message 24 of 50 (1,178 Views)

I thought the same (That I was desent from UK). However, when the DNA report came in I was 54% UK and, surprise, I was also 24% Scandinavian!!

Info Seeker

Message 25 of 50 (1,168 Views)

I had this done. A lot of people hate the results because most people have a little "African" in them. (You know, cradle of life).   I had a couple of surprises but they explained a few things about my family.   I found it worth the money.   

Conversationalist

Message 26 of 50 (1,171 Views)

I considered have my DNA tested,  But who else is going to get the results?   Your insurance company, federal agencies or any group of no so honest hackers.  I do not think every Tom, Dick or Harry should be privie to it.

Conversationalist

Message 27 of 50 (1,115 Views)

Those who think the test in incorrect may not realize that grandpa was not whom they thought but the milk man instead.

Info Seeker

Message 28 of 50 (1,143 Views)
I too would like to know why you thought the test results were incorrect, as I would be curious to have the test done, too, although I'm pretty certain that I am totally English-British Isles decent.
Info Seeker

Message 29 of 50 (1,079 Views)

I didnt feel it was a waste of money.   All of the info I received matched up what I had already known from family history and research I have done on my family tree.

TWC
Info Seeker

Message 30 of 50 (894 Views)

Just my point of view - I am American and could care less where my ancestors came from. Even if these tests could tell me where my DNA came from, my soul is with Jesus and my love is with my family and fellow Americans.