Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Conversationalist

Re: DNA testing

Message 21 of 61 (1,646 Views)

No one gets the results until the government decides to require a data base for DNA, and walah, all the work has been done for them!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 22 of 61 (1,431 Views)
Yes, I would be interested in this information also. I would like to do mine through Ancestry. I do recall reading something about 23andme and they advise not to trust as they are owned by someone having to do with Google.
Info Seeker

Message 23 of 61 (1,615 Views)

Thanks It's nice to know the lower price they offer AARP customers does not include the DNA test it self. AARP misleads us about a lot of stuff they offer. WRONG WRONG

Info Seeker

Message 24 of 61 (1,614 Views)
Thanks for info that the test isn't included in the price you pay to AARP does that a lot they miss let you. Makes me so disappointed AARP should not do that to its customers wrong!!
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 61 (1,813 Views)

de8960 wrote:

I considered have my DNA tested,  But who else is going to get the results?   Your insurance company, federal agencies or any group of no so honest hackers.  I do not think every Tom, Dick or Harry should be privie to it.

@de8960 I'll look this up and post the exact language (not this weekend, though) but can say that 23andme sends the results to you: the customer, and no one else. You can elect to answer research questions online for them. But you do not have to.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Info Seeker

Message 26 of 61 (1,818 Views)

I was surprised to find out that my ancestors were dukes and duchess from Spain. ...

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 61 (1,767 Views)

About 6 weeks ago we sent Ancestry a sample of our DNA. Haven’t heard back from them except for a few emails explaining they are a little behind in processing orders but to expect something in another couple of weeks. If my Surname is any indication of my origins then my ancestors immigrated to the US as a part of the general public and not as Royalty. c'est la vie, that’s the way it goes.

I agree below with NastiJ  If you are a member of AARP you can receive 30% off a World Deluxe Subscription at Ancestry.

You can check out the offer at ….      ancestry.com/AARPoffer        

Conversationalist

Message 28 of 61 (1,673 Views)

If you are an AARP member, you can get 30% off your first membership at Ancestry.com (not the DNA test, though.) Sign onto their Facebook page and you'll get notification when they have sales.

Info Seeker

Message 29 of 61 (1,606 Views)
So, what makes the information incorrect?
Conversationalist

Message 30 of 61 (1,382 Views)

Had my mitochondrial DNA tested (matrilinial) and found that my female ancestors came out of Africa through Asia and across the Bering land bridge, confirming Native American ancestry on my mother's side.