AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: trump revealed highly classified info to Russians

Message 71 of 92

jimc91 wrote:

More very fake news from the Washington Post.  Their blind hate for President Trump is so apparent and just one more reason to exclude them as a reliable source for REAL Journalism.  Named sources go a long way in real journalism.

Washington Post, shame on you!

I hope i can keep track of this post. Trump has admitted it now. still say its fake news? or is it ok to reveal top secret stuff to putin.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 72 of 92

jimc91:

More very fake news from the Washington Post.  Their blind hate for President Trump is so apparent and just one more reason to exclude them as a reliable source for REAL Journalism.  Named sources go a long way in real journalism.

When will people learn that when they go out on a limb to defend Trump he saws it off behind them? Hilarious. Smiley Happy

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining....

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

...to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Message 73 of 92

@jimc91 wrote:

That's hilarious, Jim.  If I recall correctly, you tripped over yourself supporting Napolitano's claims on Fox that "unnamed" sources told him Obama wiretapped trump.  I'm glad you finally learned Fox isn't "REAL journalism".  It took awhile, but you're coming around.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 74 of 92

Here is a read that includes how the RW media has spun this information and why the donald supporters are attempting to claim, "FN".  http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/05/right-wing-media-against-press-leaks-not-trump-russia-l...

The RW can scream all day long, as Donald did this AM...it was legal.    But what about the party that once believed in morality?    That part of their "values" just died, when they are more than willing to give foreign countries information that could lead to death of "good guy spies".  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 75 of 92

One effect will be that our allies will be more reluctant to share intelligence information with us which will make us less safe. Is that what the Trump supporters voted for?

The information shared is less important than the future information that will likely not be provided.

Trump's insecurities that necessitate him to always brag about important he is leads him to make stupid decisions. It would seem to me that being the leader of a major world power should make one feel important without all the braggadocio.

Message 76 of 92

trump mar a lago.jpg

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 77 of 92

BTW  instead of inflaming "the Hillary haters"  which is in my view quite a silly way of trying to resolve issues. 
We need to stop speaking about what Reagan did and many don't like, what Clinton did or didn't do, same with Bush and Obama.
We are now at a crossroad. with this Administration and it seems to me that all those other issues are so far away and unimportant that to continue to discuss them is simply a waste of time.
We have now a very important situation in this country. We have an Administration that is floundering and bad.
We have a President that apparently disclosed issues that he shouldn't have discussed with the Russians. We have later on McMaster saying that not such thing happened, and now this morning. Trump tweets that yes he did it and that he has the right to do so. doing the same thing he did with the Deputy AG and making McMaster look like a fool.
So, where do we all stand on this?  Frankly I don't know, so far, I have learned that the President has the right to unclasified clasified documents so, there was nothing illegal in what he did, with the exeption of "optics" and what other countries will do now regarding secret information.
So far, I have been thinking that making the Senate in this country really stand up and be counted is the only way to resolve what has become a very strange Administration.

We need to call our Senators and any Senator and really tell them that we are expecting them to stand up and take care of all Americans. We need their help, and they have to step up to the task. 
Until then, we will continue to see the disarray that we are seeing today.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 78 of 92

Trump stopped maturing intellectually and emotionally shortly before his 8th birthday, and this latest burst of pre-adolescent bravado is just one more reason we should not elect people because we're smarter than they are.

When Cheney outed the CIA agent to keep jrbush's WMD lie alive, he put at risk all the agent's contacts and every person the agent had talked to.

Now Trump has gone one giant step further by exposing a national intelligence service.

Way to go Hillary Haters!

Message 79 of 92

jimc91 wrote:

LOL!  It's "fake news" because who said so?  You?  The White House?  Fox?  I'll take the 47 time winning Pulitzer Prize winning WaPo for credibility every time.

What Trump is learning, if that's possible and Conservatives should know, but the political bigotry/blind adoration won't permit it, is that someone has more loyalty to the US of A than they do the idiot in the White House.  Why would anyone out a reliable source like that?  So they could get fired?

Whoever leaked the info is a "Great American"!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Message 80 of 92

NerdyMom wrote:

He's like a 10 year old showing off in front of his buddies.   OMG. 

"He's like"???