Join AARP in Celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Nominate Someone for the AAPI Hero Award

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 3,042
Registered: ‎01-24-2014

Re: trump revealed highly classified info to Russians

Message 11 of 92 (75 Views)

Afisher-- Well , I guess that makes sense since  our idiot president divulged " code word" information. Maybe those posters who think that this "is common and happens every day"should contact those Intelligence officers asking credible news source to not publish any more information and let them know they have nothing to worry about. What do you think?


politics, cats, kids, and dogs!!
Trusted Social Butterfly
Posts: 18,252
Registered: ‎06-09-2010

Re: trump revealed highly classified info to Russians

Message 12 of 92 (78 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

afisher wrote:

     The Donald supporters have no reply to the fact that Donald made a really stupid decision to share information and was too stupid to comprehend the seriousness of what that intelligence leak could do to Israel.     Do they actually believe that Putin won't use that information to further his countries interest in the Middle East?      Do these same people want to ignore that Russia is very proficient at killing citizens who disagree with them?      https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/05/02/dozens-russian-deaths-cast-suspicion-vladimir-p...

And the President Trump haters have no reply to the comparison between discussing classified material for the purpose of international airline safety and let it get out for the purposes of hiding the sale of the office of the SecState."

 

There is no need to reply to a bogus premise that leaves out important and relative facts for self-serving purposes.....this trump hater understands there is a difference between discussing information and sharing information.  trump didn't have to share any information other than saying the words, "we have information that indicates "x".  He didn't have to show them anything!!!  Secondly, one should understand the information was classified AND no why it's classified. McManus said trump didn't know why it was classified.  But you think it's OK....that figures.


Calling something "bogus" does not make it bogus. No kidding?  Neither does calling something "blind hatred".... By the way, your premise was bogus.  Just saying..... There is a distinct difference between discussing classified info for the purpose of international airline safety from terrorism and making it available for hacking for the purpose of funding the family business.  Of course there is.  But again, you ignore the fact trump didn't know why the information he shared was "classified" and the impact of his sharing it with an enemy of the state.  So again, your point is "bogus".


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 13,192
Registered: ‎03-20-2009

Re: trump revealed highly classified info to Russians

Message 13 of 92 (70 Views)

Some of the intelligence President Trump provided to Russian officials is so secret that American news organizations are still being asked not to report it, two U.S. officials told NBC News.

The requests by U.S. intelligence officials cast doubt on the assertion by the president's aides that the sharing was appropriate.

Trump told the Russian foreign minister and the Russian ambassador in the Oval Office that the Islamic State had used stolen airport security equipment to test a bomb that could be hidden in electronic devices and slipped undetected into an airplane cabin, the officials said. And he named the city in ISIS-held Syria in which the intelligence was gathered, the officials added.

Image: President Donald Trump meets with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey LavroPresident Donald Trump meets with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, left, and Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak at the White House on May 10, in a photo released by the Russian Foreign Ministry. The U.S. press was not allowed into the meeting. Russian Foreign Ministry Photo / AP

U.S. intelligence officials have asked NBC News and other media organizations not to report the type of equipment, where it was stolen, and the name of the city where the intelligence was gathered, because doing so could harm U.S. national security, they say. But Trump told the Russians those things, the U.S. officials said, as he described intelligence that led to the new rules banning electronic devices in the cabins of certain flights.

The sharing of classified information with other governments is not uncommon, but in this case Trump went beyond what Bossert believed had been authorized, two U.S. officials said.

The information came from Israel, multiple government officials told NBC News — another fact some news organizations had been asked not to disclose, U.S. officials said.

 

White House counterterrorism adviser Tom Bossert, who was not in the May 10 meeting, learned about what Trump said when he read notes immediately afterward, a U.S. official with direct knowledge told NBC News. He immediately called officials at the CIA and the National Security Agency to report a security breach, the official said.

 

Donald supporters can whine all they want and deny facts all they want...it will not change what happened.     He is a loose cannon and says and acts however he feels at the moment, never considering the  unintended consequences.    Pure hubris.   

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 18,930
Registered: ‎11-07-2009

Re: trump revealed highly classified info to Russians

Message 14 of 92 (72 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

pc6063 wrote:

Cent-- and once again, it is not common, it is not at all common, for president to share highly classified information with a foreign and enemy entity. 


Hopefully it is not uncommon for two national leaders to share information on a mutual problem - such as the safety of international air travel from terrorists.

 

Somehow that seems more important than the pettiness of tRUMP or spewing out both ends.


"Information"?   This was 'highly classified information' rk, quite different. Actually, I believe you know that but will defend Trump for anything.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 3,042
Registered: ‎01-24-2014

Re: trump revealed highly classified info to Russians

Message 15 of 92 (73 Views)

RK--No info. was highly classified--as a matter of fact, " code worded" indicates the highest security clearance. Cent is right when he tells  you that trump didn't understand what"code worded" meant. 

I see you are buying trump's BOGUS and ridiculous excuse for his dangerous grandstanding.  Totally ridiculous on all counts. But you know, he depends on gullible people to buy his BS.

 

New special counsel is being worked out, Republicans, one from Michigan and one from Florida,  are talking about impeachable offenses, along with a lot of Dems. John McCain, Republican, is saying that this is reaching Watergate status.

 

When do right wing supporters put away the delusions, face up to the fact that this was all lies from the very beginning, admit they were duped, and pull their support from someone who  has done so much harm in such a short time to this country? 

 Really, since when is a lying fool whom right wingers have never met become more important then the welfare of America? 


politics, cats, kids, and dogs!!
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 25,146
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: trump revealed highly classified info to Russians

Message 16 of 92 (73 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Cent-- and once again, it is not common, it is not at all common, for president to share highly classified information with a foreign and enemy entity. 


Hopefully it is not uncommon for two national leaders to share information on a mutual problem - such as the safety of international air travel from terrorists.

 

Somehow that seems more important than the pettiness of tRUMP or spewing out both ends.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 25,146
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: trump revealed highly classified info to Russians

Message 17 of 92 (70 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Cent--Trump relies on the fact that many of his supporters are very ignorant of the facts. He has to, because he is very jealous of people who know more than he. And as we know, the idiot knows next to nothing.


As I understand it, any poster who does not share your political ideology is ignorant. Do I have that right?

Trusted Social Butterfly
Posts: 10,809
Registered: ‎07-04-2009

Re: trump revealed highly classified info to Russians

Message 18 of 92 (68 Views)

Centrist said, "Yes, I know that's what Fox, Hannity and Limblah are saying.  But they fail to tell their low information viewers/listeners that it is exceptionally uncommon to share another countries "classified information" without getting their permission first and without fully understanding what it is your sharing.  Furthermore, it is uncommon to declassify information without discussing with the intelligence community."

 

Now our allies around the world will be afraid of sharing sensitive intelligence with us as long as Bozo the Clown is President.

 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 25,146
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: trump revealed highly classified info to Russians

Message 19 of 92 (67 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

afisher wrote:

     The Donald supporters have no reply to the fact that Donald made a really stupid decision to share information and was too stupid to comprehend the seriousness of what that intelligence leak could do to Israel.     Do they actually believe that Putin won't use that information to further his countries interest in the Middle East?      Do these same people want to ignore that Russia is very proficient at killing citizens who disagree with them?      https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/05/02/dozens-russian-deaths-cast-suspicion-vladimir-p...

And the President Trump haters have no reply to the comparison between discussing classified material for the purpose of international airline safety and let it get out for the purposes of hiding the sale of the office of the SecState."

 

There is no need to reply to a bogus premise that leaves out important and relative facts for self-serving purposes.....this trump hater understands there is a difference between discussing information and sharing information.  trump didn't have to share any information other than saying the words, "we have information that indicates "x".  He didn't have to show them anything!!!  Secondly, one should understand the information was classified AND no why it's classified. McManus said trump didn't know why it was classified.  But you think it's OK....that figures.


Calling something "bogus" does not make it bogus. There is a distinct difference between discussing classified info for the purpose of international airline safety from terrorism and making it available for hacking for the purpose of funding the family business.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 3,042
Registered: ‎01-24-2014

Re: trump revealed highly classified info to Russians

Message 20 of 92 (69 Views)

Cent-- and once again, it is not common, it is not at all common, for president to share highly classified information with a foreign and enemy entity. 


politics, cats, kids, and dogs!!