AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA TODAY!

Message 81 of 179 (170 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

What do you find extremist in what I posted?  BTW, the Alt-Right you embrace were the ones who invoke religion.

Apparently you can't civilly discuss this further without resorting to insults, so there is no use in continuing in dialogue with someone who has to resort to such comments.....

I understand you are unable to identify anything I've posted that you believe is extreme. So of course, "there is no use".....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA Tomorrow

Message 82 of 179 (161 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

All I see is them attacking the Left, REAL Americans, REAL Patriots and those attacking those who support HATE.

And you edit your post to insult someone who voiced their opinion?  Wrong again....I haven't edited a post to insult anyone.  The positions some here have taken are self-insulting....

An opinion that is contrary to yours,  I love differing opinions, but I'll never change political parties over it.  and you attempt to say that those like that are not REAL AMERICANS, or PATRIOTS?  I haven't seen any of those you feel were insulted post anything patriotic or pro-American.  But thanks for asking.

A patriot is one who served their country, so can you say you qualify?  Not surisingly, you have a VERY limited and self-serving definition of patriot.  Let me help you out.  According to Merrium-Webster, a patriot is....

a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors.

I don't think White-Nationalists, the KKK and those who embrace them are "patriots", do you?  I think they are enemies and detractors.

And in reference to one of your post you mention extremism.  Would you say that those comments of yours is extremism?  Which one(s) specifically?  I note you are continually unable to be specific as to what you find that I've posted that is extreme.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Message 83 of 179 (158 Views)

BigLib wrote:

So what? Look at the headlines here in America today, and the Nazi symbol is all over it. And there were plenty of protesters in Charlottesville giving the Nazi salute dead-ash sober.

Noticed you made no references to Hitler statues. Thanks for proving my point.

And there are those here who are condemning anyone who has a different opinion as being the same?   Are you saying that anyone who disagrees with liberal views here are the same as protestors?  That is apparently what is being posted by several here.

One poster is even questioning about someone being a REAL AMERICAN or REAL PATRIOT.  All because they have a different opinion.  Couldn't that be said as a trait of an oppresive government? 

There were still plenty of NAZI reminders around the country as references to Hitler was outlawed. 

Message 84 of 179 (153 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Where's the patriotism is anything you've posted?  Is there any Christian like words in what you've posted?

Are we discussing patriotism or attempts to remove statues that a locality chooses to erect?  I'm discussing a racist group that identifies with Conservatives and those who attack those who point out the simple facts.  I couldn't careless about the statues.  But thanks for asking.

And I don't recall that we were discussing religion, it seems to be a desparate attempt to come out on top in a discussion?  Is that all you can offer?  Of course that's how you look at it,....it's nothing new.  It's what CINO's do.  You choose to ignore the hate group, which you support because they, like you, want to keep statues, was also chanting anti-semetic slogans.

What does religion have to do with these statues?  This topic isn't about statues....it's about a hate group, that you support, aligning with Conservatives.  Maybe should create your own topic about statues and you can rant as you wish.  Or any memorial statue?  That is some desparate attempt to get one's way.   Again, why did you insert religion into this discussion if not an attempt to denigrate another poster?  Because most Christians call out hate and bigotry, right?  None here have....SHOCKING!!!

Now you bring in REAL AMERICANS?  What makes a REAL American?  Those who support the Constitution, which includes equal rights for all races and religions, and here I assumed you'd know that.  My bad. When did you become qualified to say who is a REAL American? The day I was first able to talk.  Ever hear of the First Amendment?  Or a REAL PATRIOT?  The day I was first able to talk.  Ever hear of the First Amendment?  I believe I have as much right to claim both with my background. Yes, you do, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with your background other than being an American.

Message 85 of 179 (154 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

They don't wrap themselves in the Bible and Confederate Flag.

Can't help but answer, but who is attempting to use those two items as a weapon in this discussion?  Who has been the one mentioning them in this discussion?

Is that an example of liberal extremism towards someone who has a different opinion?  I recall one liberal and Democrat who was more for true equality..JFK.  I regret that I was on duty during both his inauguration and funeral.  I did have the privilege of paying my respects at the Capitol Rotunda while he lay in state.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 86 of 179 (168 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

To the contrary, during my tour in Germany our company was housed in barracks from World War II with the swastika above each entrance.

There were monuments remaining in towns for German soldiers of both wars.  We went to Volksfests and invaribly after a few schnapps and lowenbrau beer, there would some older soldier popping to attention in the stiff arm salute.

So what? Look at the headlines here in America today, and the Nazi symbol is all over it. And there were plenty of protesters in Charlottesville giving the Nazi salute dead-ash sober.

Noticed you made no references to Hitler statues. Thanks for proving my point.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (8 pages of lies and growing)

Message 87 of 179 (145 Views)

KidBoy2 wrote:

If you would go back and read my posts you would see that I have denounced racism many times. Really?  Please show the forum readers three of them....it shouldn't be difficult if you denounced racism many times.  How dare you indicate that because I or other conservatives are racist.  I thought you were an Independent.  And btw, I've never said you were a racist.

If you did not know that racism is not a liberal or conservative thing you need to get up to speed.  You are still in denial that this group calls itself the Alt-Right, not the Alt-Left.  Why do you think that is?  They called the rally, "Unite the Right"; not "Unite the Whites" or "Unite the Left"; why do you THINK....THINK, that is?
If you want to be informed on the issue, which after reading your posts I doubt just Google..

Are White Republicans More Racist Than White Democrats?

or Are Liberals more racist than conservatives ?

like this...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/george-sachs-psyd/10-ways-white-liberals-pe_b_8068136.html
Thanks, Kidboy.  You just revealed you either didn't read the article you posted or understood it....

Judge-Judy-Shake-My-Head-Gif_zps66b02891.gif

Message 88 of 179 (152 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

What do you find extremist in what I posted?  BTW, the Alt-Right you embrace were the ones who invoke religion.

Apparently you can't civilly discuss this further without resorting to insults, so there is no use in continuing in dialogue with someone who has to resort to such comments.....

Message 89 of 179 (156 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

All I see is them attacking the Left, REAL Americans, REAL Patriots and those attacking those who support HATE.

And you edit your post to insult someone who voiced their opinion?  An opinion that is contrary to yours, and you attempt to say that those like that are not REAL AMERICANS, or PATRIOTS?  A patriot is one who served their country, so can you say you qualify?

And in reference to one of your post you mention extremism.  Would you say that those comments of yours is extremism?

Message 90 of 179 (149 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

An incredibly extremist post.

And yours isn't?  Even attempting to invoke religion into a secular discussion?