AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 30,325
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA Tomorrow

Message 61 of 179 (213 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

One poster takes a CNN headline about "White Nationalists and translates it into "Conservatives and the KKK" It's sad that it's over one's head.  The KKK and White Nationalists are calling their rally, "Unite the Right"....last time we checked, Conservatives, like yourself, call themselves "the Right".  Most "get it".

No, the guy organizing it called it that.

 and another throws President Trump and (it seems) George Bush, George Carlin, King George, and even George Clooney into the mix.

 

The hatred and inability to selectively view the varying ideologies abroad in the nation is astounding.  The hatred, which Conservatives endorse, is indeed astounding.

I'm Conservative - who do I hate?

 

I am often tempted to throw "radical left" or "neoMarxists" into the pot. You usually erroniously(sic) do.  Why "erroneously"? Do they not exist? Are they not present on these boards"? But in this case, it goes beyond that to pure hatred clouding the thought process of posters.  Yes, "rk", I hate bigotry, I admit it.  Meanwhile, many Conservatives embrace it.

I am Conservative. What bigotry do I embrace??


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 30,325
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA Tomorrow

Message 62 of 179 (209 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

One poster takes a CNN headline about "White Nationalists and translates it into "Conservatives and the KKK" and another throws President Trump and (it seems) George Bush, George Carlin, King George, and even George Clooney into the mix.

 

The hatred and inability to selectively view the varying ideologies abroad in the nation is astounding.

 

I am often tempted to throw "radical left" or "neoMarxists" into the pot. But in this case, it goes beyond that to pure hatred clouding the thought process of posters.


Now, now - don't get all upset - all that was noted was that there was a planned gathering of degenerates, perverts, racists, bigots, white supremacists and numerous others who were undoubtedly dropped on their heads as infants - perhaps more than once...


Half true. If that was all who attended there would have been  a march a speech or two and then off to make the bar owners rich. But then there was another group of degenerates, perverts, racists, bigots, black lives matter, Guy Fawkes maskers, and numerous others......etc. etc. etc. in attendance.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 18,663
Registered: ‎02-14-2008

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA Tomorrow

Message 63 of 179 (217 Views)
I posted....

I gave you Google links to show that there are many liberals that are racist ...


Cent posted..

no one suggested there aren't any racist Liberals....I've posted several times that I know several Liberals who wouldn't vote for Obama because he was black or Hilary because she was a women. Liberals aren't pefect (sic) and no one has suggested otherwise.

======================================================

I guess you are admitting you were wrong when you implied that the rally is going to be attended just by conservatives and conservatives are racist. Glad you admitted you were wrong...It was time.

You also implied that conservatives are racist...another thing were you were wrong and I proved it.

I have a record of posting my hate for racist. I have lived on Indian Reservations for 53 years so I know about racism. When in College ...1954...I spent time in TENN for a seed company were I had to go to RR Depots to return seed racks...they had separate waiting rooms ..colored and white. The colored rooms had a pail and one dipper that they all used. The white waiting rooms had a refrigerated drinking fountain...it was hard for me to believe.

I think this thread has run its course.
Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 24,842
Registered: ‎07-11-2013

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA TODAY!

Message 64 of 179 (237 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

 

I'm beginning to think that there is a much, if not more bigorty among liberals than others.


 

How nice for you.

 

Thank you for posting. Robot LOL

 



Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 41,662
Registered: ‎06-03-2013

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA TODAY!

Message 65 of 179 (247 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

 

I note that no one on the right has called out any of the bigotry in the "gathering" - that has meaning that's not at all difficult to discern...

 



Ask your posting buddy....who has been posting about religion, real Americans and Real Patriots, among other things that it has been difficult to determine what the topic is.

 

I'm beginning to think that there is a much, if not more bigorty among liberals than others.

 

Why don't you two have a kumbaya among yourselves?


Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 21,083
Registered: ‎06-09-2010

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA Tomorrow

Message 66 of 179 (249 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

One person is dead because of the group you support.  Are you OK with that?

 

 


How are you to know who or what I support?  I assume you post what you think....maybe you post the exact opposite for some reason.....but you've posted your support of confederate statues, which is why the group was in Charlottesville. Now you are accusing me of something? Accusing you?  LOL!  You support the same thing they supported....draw your own conclusions.....

 

I believe that you want to make this more about me than about the topic. You were the one who attacked me about wanting to remove statues which wasn't the topic.

 

Tex, I suspect you want to shut down this topic...so I've said all I'm going to say to you and your redundant questions.  You've had your opportunity.  ta-ta......


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 41,662
Registered: ‎06-03-2013

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA TODAY!

Message 67 of 179 (252 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:


 

Anything tou wish to say about the actual topic. Tex or are you just going to do your best to attack me because you disagree with what I posted?


That is an understatement coming from a poster who has inserted religion, real Americans, real Patriots, and everything but the kitchen sink into the topic, including personal attacks and insults.

 

Have a good day .

Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 21,083
Registered: ‎06-09-2010

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA Tomorrow

Message 68 of 179 (252 Views)

KidBoy2 wrote:


Cent posted.. I thought you were an Independent. And btw, I've never said you were a racist.

You are still in denial that this group calls itself the Alt-Right, not the Alt-Left. Why do you think that is? They called the rally, "Unite the Right"; not "Unite the Whites" or "Unite the Left"; why do you THINK....THINK, that is?

===============================================

I am an Independent.  Great!  I haven't posted one word about Independents, so why are you so offended when I point out The Alt-Right/KKK/and White Nationalists want to "Unite The Right"?

They can call it anything they want. Yes they can....but your defensiveness say's much more than you're willing to admit.

I gave you Google links to show that there are many liberals that are racist ... no one suggested there aren't any racist Liberals....I've posted several times that I know several Liberals who wouldn't vote for Obama because he was black or Hilary because she was a women.  Liberals aren't pefect and no one has suggested otherwise.  and you say I am in denial.. that takes the cake.  Great.  Want a slice?

Bottom line is you can not back up what you have posted and I can and did.  Actually, I have backed up what I've posted....you may have just ignored it.  The Alt-Right/KKK/White Nationalists aren't trying to unite Liberals.....you can't prove otherwise.  YOU made the claim you posted many things denouncing racists and racism.  And, you haven't "backed it up".  I would love to see it....I'm confident others would as well.


Reading your posts over the years you do have a history ... a history of talking down to people that have the gall to point out flaws in your posts. Thanks, I'm pleased to learn you take such great interest in my posts...I'm human, so there will often be flaws in my posts....feel free to point them out, I encourage it.  Most have seen where I've admitted a mistake or being wrong....in fact, I often create a tag when I do, though I've never seen you admit a mistake or error.  Meanwhile, I'll wait for those three examples of where you called out racist behavior and we both know, there have been thousands of opportunities.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 41,662
Registered: ‎06-03-2013

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA Tomorrow

Message 69 of 179 (252 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

One person is dead because of the group you support.  Are you OK with that?

 

 


How are you to know who or what I support?  Or what group?  Now you are accusing me of something?  I believe that you want to make this more about me than about the topic.  Is it like the poster said that you tend to talk down to others?  Does the quoted comment above make you feel better?

 

And what makes you an authority on 'real Americans'?  Do you think that would include someone more interested in going after others because of their opinion, or accepting that they have a right to a different opinon than oneself?  You think your opinion overrules anyone elses? 

 

Do you think that you have taken this way off the original topic you started?  

 

 

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 24,842
Registered: ‎07-11-2013

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA TODAY!

[ Edited ]
Message 70 of 179 (247 Views)

So - is TxGrandpa2 going to post on the actual topic of the "conservative gathering" (snark) in Virgina or is he going to continue to stay in the off-topic diversion about "confederate historical issues" and his interpretations that remain unsupported by Constitutional decisions of the Supreme Court regarding what actually constitutes good citizenship or patriotism?

 

I note that no one on the right has called out any of the bigotry in the "gathering" - that refusal to call out racism and/or bigotry has meaning...

 

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning