Attend AARP's Job Search in the Digital Age Online Workshop, Thursday at 7 p.m. ET. Register Now

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA Tomorrow

Message 11 of 179 (157 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

It speaks volumes that almost 24 hours after a murder of a US citizen by an Alt-Right Extremist Terrorist, not a single Conservative poster here has called out the violence and the killing on this forum.  It's obvious to most which political party has divided America.

And you won't see it, either.

Now college kids walking out on a right wing speaker at a commencement ceremony, that's what really gets them going. Priorities, 'ya know.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (8 pages of lies and growing)
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 179 (154 Views)

MIseker wrote:

Pretty tight in your definition of a Patriot there Tx. You basically said im not a patriot becuse i was never in the military, and all non military back grounds cannot be patriots. care to amend that little slip or do we go on from there?

Did I say that?  I said this "A patriot is one who served their country, so can you say you qualify?"  And it was in reply to the poster who said that "REAL Patriots and those attacking those who support HATE."   You don't thing that there are many ways to serve their country?  You agree that is the definition of real patriots? 

The entire theme of some here is extreme dislike for anyone not agreeing with their partisan views.  In my opinion accepting that everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 179 (152 Views)

MIseker wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

All I see is them attacking the Left, REAL Americans, REAL Patriots and those attacking those who support HATE.

And you edit your post to insult someone who voiced their opinion?  An opinion that is contrary to yours, and you attempt to say that those like that are not REAL AMERICANS, or PATRIOTS?  A patriot is one who served their country, so can you say you qualify?

And in reference to one of your post you mention extremism.  Would you say that those comments of yours is extremism?

Pretty tight in your definition of a Patriot there Tx. You basically said I'm not a patriot because I was never in the military, and all non military back grounds cannot be patriots. Care to amend that little slip or do we go on from there?

I agree Mlseker. Implying that the only patriots are those who served in the military is ludicrous and could be taken as an attack on those who never served in the military.

A patriot is (according to Webster):   "a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and it's interests".  There are many ways to "support" and/or "defend" besides being in the military.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA TODAY!

Message 14 of 179 (149 Views)

Richva wrote:

20841812_335308530239383_4397272055960055533_n.jpg

uniform.jpg

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 179 (150 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

It speaks volumes that almost 24 hours after a murder of a US citizen by an Alt-Right Extremist Terrorist, not a single Conservative poster here has called out the violence and the killing on this forum.  It's obvious to most which political party has divided America.

I agree Cent. If the situation were reversed, this discussion board would be lit up with complaints, attacks and vile comments from the right about how the left was guilty of inciting and committing violent acts. Yet when the KKK itself does this here is not only 'crickets', but very lame attempts to somehow minimize or protect the violent actions of a White Nationalists racist group such as the KKK.

Not a word from anyone on the right or 'independent' admonishing the actions and agenda of the KKK.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 179 (147 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

It is telling that you will not address the "permit" aspect of my comments.

The right to peacefully protest does not require a permit. Those gathered to protest the KKK were not carrying firearms and displaying signs inciting violence, the KKK members and supporters were. 

Again ......... do you admonish the actions and the agenda of the KKK?

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA TODAY!

Message 17 of 179 (142 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:

I agree with Centrist who said, "There is something extremist about supporting hate speech....you can't run from it.  You've supported it several times this morning."

Why would someone support a President who hired WHITE NATIONALISTS to work in the White House unless ............?

To finish the statement in my words: " unless" they supported the policies and agenda of the KKK and White Nationalists.

I believe that Trump does support the White Nationalist agenda and policies of the KKK. Trump's "make America great again' is  C O D E  for that very thing. Either he supports the KKK and their agenda or he appears to in an effort to appeal to the racists and bigots that support the polices and agenda of the KKK.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 179 (145 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

So then ....... do you denounce the KKK and their actions?

So then ........ I support the actions of anyone with a permit to have their demonstration, speech, whatever. I condemn the actions of anyone to disrupt or attack a legal gathering.

And no one attacked the KKK's "legal gathering". People there protesting the KKK had the specific right to do that.  In fact, the death and injuries were caused by a KKK supporter driving a car into the anti-KKK crowd.

Note: that answers the question. It does not mean approval of the policies or beliefs of any organization. Example, I am ideologically opposed to the thinking of the neoMarxists. The term neoMarxists is a made up fallacy, the KKK is a reality and you still have not directly admonished them or their actions and agenda.  But I fully support their right to have their events without being subject to attacks or disruption.  The KKK members gathered were not attacked.  The only attack made at the KKK gathering was a KKK supporter driving a car into the anti KKK crowd peacefully protesting the KKK rally.

So once again ...... Do you denounce the KKK and their actions (and agenda)?

Message 19 of 179 (146 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

All I see is them attacking the Left, REAL Americans, REAL Patriots and those attacking those who support HATE.

And you edit your post to insult someone who voiced their opinion?  An opinion that is contrary to yours, and you attempt to say that those like that are not REAL AMERICANS, or PATRIOTS?  A patriot is one who served their country, so can you say you qualify?

And in reference to one of your post you mention extremism.  Would you say that those comments of yours is extremism?

Pretty tight in your definition of a Patriot there Tx. You basically said im not a patriot becuse i was never in the military, and all non military back grounds cannot be patriots. care to amend that little slip or do we go on from there?

So it begins.

Message 20 of 179 (148 Views)

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.