Tune into AARP’s Facebook Live Résumé Q&A Wednesday, 4 p.m. EDT | Facebook.com/AARP

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA Tomorrow

Message 91 of 179 (98 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Wrong on every account.  "Politically correct" is the opposite of "I want to offend anyone I want to".

As evidenced here, bigots don'r REALLY care about the Constitution and treating everyone equally and in some cases are nothing but CINO's....Christians in Name Only.  Why would a "Christian" want to intentionally offend others?  Why would an open-minded, Christian insert reparations into this discussion?  That's right, they wouldn't.  The bigotry is sickening.

And where did religion enter into this topic?  Really Tex.  You should become far more informed before you just attack others.  The Alt-Right/White Nationalists, which you STILL haven't called out, but attack those who do, were chanting anti-semetic chants last night and today.  From indications from posts on this forum, those attempting to insert Christian beliefs, etc, should probably instead examine themselves before judging others.  They don't wrap themselves in the Bible and Confederate Flag.  It does appear that bringing that in was an attempt to insult. I respect your opinion, but I will point out the hypocrisy of those CINO's. If it is bigotry, it is someone attempting to win a secular argument by insulting.

483_10152179928415123_824222121_n.jpg

So how are you offended by cities and towns in another region of the country than you have statues?  A nonsensical question.  I'm also offended that someone brings Christianity into a secular discussion. So?  You have a right to be offended.  I have the right to be offended by hypocrites.   But it does indicate that there is no constitutional grounds to stand on in regards to these statues.  Wrong again.  People have a Constitutional right to protest them and they have a Constitutional right to vote in City Council Members who will protect or remove them.

If anyone is offended by these statues, then we should remove statues of George Washington who attempted by devious means to recapture a runaway slave from New Hampshire. That's an extremist comment.  Or Thomas Jefferson who kept a slave as a mistress, and ?owned other slaves.  Feel free.  Start a protest....find a statue and appeal to the governing body who maintains it; it's your right.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

[ Edited ]
Message 92 of 179 (103 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Where's the patriotism is anything you've posted?  Is there any Christian like words in what you've posted?

Are we discussing patriotism or attempts to remove statues that a locality chooses to erect?  And I don't recall that we were discussing religion, it seems to be a desparate attempt to come out on top in a discussion?  Is that all you can offer?

What does religion have to do with these statues?   Or any memorial statue?  That is some desparate attempt to get one's way.   Again, why did you insert religion into this discussion if not an attempt to denigrate another poster?

Now you bring in REAL AMERICANS?  What makes a REAL American?  When did you become qualified to say who is a REAL American?  Or a REAL PATRIOT?  I believe I have as much right to claim both with my background.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 93 of 179 (109 Views)
Cent posted..

. I can clearly demonstrate by posts in this forum, that Liberals call out, posint out and denounce racism where no Conservative poster has and I can point out Conservatives attacking Liberals here who call it out and denounce racism.

If you would go back and read my posts you would see that I have denounced racism many times. How dare you indicate that because I or other conservatives are racist.

If you did not know that racism is not a liberal or conservative thing you need to get up to speed.

If you want to be informed on the issue, which after reading your posts I doubt just Google..

Are White Republicans More Racist Than White Democrats?

or Are Liberals more racist than conservatives ?

like this...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/george-sachs-psyd/10-ways-white-liberals-pe_b_8068136.html

[ Edited ]
Message 94 of 179 (116 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

LMAO! 

How can anyone accept what someone who continually inserts laughter in a discussion be taken seriously?  Anyone who see's the rediculousness in another's post.

The rest of your post indicates that you are taking a superior attitude in the discussion. Intelligent people see it as the "high road". Again are you the decider in what is correct?  That's what it appears.  I haven't noticed any patriotism or Christianity in anything posted from anyone that opposes the Left.  Did I miss it?  All I see is them attacking the Left, REAL Americans, REAL Patriots and those attacking those who support HATE.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA TODAY!

Message 95 of 179 (116 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

An incredibly extremist post.

And yours isn't?  Even attempting to invoke religion into a secular discussion? 

Message 96 of 179 (108 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

No rewriting - just telling the historically documented fact-based bald truth.

History is written by the winners.  And if we remove the statues, bury a flag and those who doesn't go along with the political correctness are entirely wrong.  How liberal that view is......"  Burn the books, denounce anyone who remembers that existed in our history.  

I do note that everyone denouncing the statues here are from the north and are not involved in where the statues exist. 

An incredibly extremist post.

Message 97 of 179 (101 Views)

rker321 wrote:

I don't understand the rationale of a country that tries to erase its past.  I don't understand the rationale of those who think hate should be shoved in the faces of those who think it's acceptable.  The are appropriate times and places to reflect on our past, like books, museams where people can pick and choose what they want to see and experience.  Publically funded places are NOT appropriate.

The Civil War happened, Slavery happened. The North won and the South lost.
and that will be forever our history.  Yep, and reasonable people understand it doesn't need to be shoved in the faces of those who may not want to see it whenever they go to a park.

I can see taking down a monument of Hitler or even Stalin or but I haven't seen France trying to erase what happened during the French Revolution. of the Catholic church trying to erase the Inquisition.  For some reason, you claim it's erasing history and that's just silliness.

Robert E Lee fought for what he thought was right, which flew in the face of our country's Constitution.  David Duke is fighting for what he thought is right.....it's our history.  Want a statue of him in your community?  Why not?  whether he was mistaken or not. But perhaps I don't know enough history, but was he  a man tha fought this war without honor? Or was he an honorable soldier.?  Does an "honorable soldier" fight his country against it's Constitution?

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 98 of 179 (105 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Not denouncing - just don't want valuable public tax funds to be used to maintain and support symbols of treasonous rebellion - because that's just plain wrong.

No need for you to worry, Alferd, none of your taxes is going to maintain any of those statues or memorials.  They are mostly local, and most probably the funds are from organizations like the Sons of Confederate Veterans, etc.

And they are not on your town square, so again could we say that some here are meddling in other people's business? 

Yep - and I'll persist in "meddling" until a federal statute is passed prohibiting "meddling"...

KAKISTOCRACY
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 99 of 179 (103 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Wrong on every account.  "Politically correct" is the opposite of "I want to offend anyone I want to".

As evidenced here, bigots don'r REALLY care about the Constitution and treating everyone equally and in some cases are nothing but CINO's....Christians in Name Only.  Why would a "Christian" want to intentionally offend others?  Why would an open-minded, Christian insert reparations into this discussion?  That's right, they wouldn't.  The bigotry is sickening.

And where did religion enter into this topic?  From indications from posts on this forum, those attempting to insert Christian beliefs, etc, should probably instead examine themselves before judging others.  It does appear that bringing that in was an attempt to insult.  If it is bigotry, it is someone attempting to win a secular argument by insulting.

So how are you offended by cities and towns in another region of the country than you have statues?  I'm also offended that someone brings Christianity into a secular discussion.  But it does indicate that there is no constitutional grounds to stand on in regards to these statues.

If anyone is offended by these statues, then we should remove statues of George Washington who attempted by devious means to recapture a runaway slave from New Hampshire.  Or Thomas Jefferson who kept a slave as a mistress, and owned other slaves. 

Were the actions of George Washington or Thomas Jefferson considered by the Constitutional definition to be acts of treasonously taking up arms against the United States of America and/or it's lawful government?

Nope - sure weren't...

KAKISTOCRACY

Message 100 of 179 (109 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

Not denouncing - just don't want valuable public tax funds to be used to maintain and support symbols of treasonous rebellion - because that's just plain wrong.

No need for you to worry, Alferd, none of your taxes is going to maintain any of those statues or memorials.  They are mostly local, and most probably the funds are from organizations like the Sons of Confederate Veterans, etc.

And they are not on your town square, so again could we say that some here are meddling in other people's business?