Ask Your Questions About Open Enrollment At AARP’s Webinar ‘Medicare: Your Questions Answered’ at 7 p.m. ET. Register Here

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Y Did NYT and NBC Refuse Weinstein Story?

Message 1 of 13 (18 Views)

I can't believe the amount of women that are now coming up with this story of being abused.
It reminds me of Frank Sinatra when he said, If I have slept with as many women and they say I did, My body  would probably be in the Smithsonian Institute.
As far as I am concerned, the stories are now reaching gigantic proportions is as many of these actresses, want  to be known as the women that Harvey had sex with.
Again, this is becoming the comedy or errors. like this 17 year old that is saying that he sexually harassed her in his hotel room but she escaped  Yea, and what was a 17 year old doing in a mans hotel room"
Sorry, yes the man abused women and women allowed him to abused them.
in many cases. 
Yes, he is a sick B.  and women were simply taking advatange of that B to enhance their carrerrs.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 13 (29 Views)

mickstuder wrote:

Liberals shouldn't be fooled by the Main Stream Media into thinking they are Totally Righteous just because they do a Reasonable Hit Job on Trump

All this Howling & Gnashing of Teeth Over The Notion That There is some new Attack on Freedom of the Press - is Nonsense - The MSM itself is and always has been One if not the Biggest Enemy of Free Speech and Freedom of the Press

Reporters do the work - Reporters Cultivate Relationships with Leakers and their Bosses Kill the Stories not because they aren;t True but because they are

The Main Stream Media are themselves particpating in Self-Censorship

The US Media - 95% of it - is a Profit Generating Business - if a News Report no matter how credible is going to upset a Major Advertiser or a Political Figure with Oversight - it does not see the light of day

For Example

Harvey Weinstein's Sexual Perversion & Assaults Against Woman was a Open Secret in Hollywood

Way Back in 2004 A New York Times Reporter Had Put Together A Credible Report Containing information exposing alleged sexual misconduct by Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein.

The New York Times Squashed it

For Example

NBC Reporter - Ronan Farrow - who ultimately exposed Weinstein in a New Yorker Magazine Article works for NBC and offered them his Report and they would not Broadcast or Publish it

For Example

Over the years managers asked me to to soften or remove information from stories — or “held” stories — related to the NFL, the American Red Cross, Ford Motor Company, People to People, Feed the Children, the government, a college football player, Goldman Sachs and Boeing, to name but a few. (This implies no illegal activity or wrongdoing on anyone’s part; it simply raises ethical questions within the journalism industry.)

At CBS News, it became routine for my stories to be met with organized resistance when the White House felt those were contrary to its interests. One White House operative might contact a CBS manager in New York. Pretty soon, we might be fielding calls to our Washington office from political figures; another White House flack might call my bureau chief after hours. All would use similar phraseology and talking points.

Source - http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/354754-weinstein-allegations-are-not-the-first-stories-spiked-by...

in the mornings my wife and i read news tidbits to each other ( yes we are that old). She read one that said there was a connection between weinstien and the NBC news chief.

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 13 (42 Views)

rker321 wrote:

Obviously, this guy is scum. no doubt about that. but, I do have a big problem with many of the females that now have come up stating that they were harassed  etc.
Why didn't they say anything when it happened? did their carriers meant a lot more than the sexual harassment?

Wyneth Paltrow is now claiming that she suffered sexual harassment in the hands of this guy.

But she is forgetting that after that incident she worked for him in Shakespeare in Love which won her an Oscar and she only had all kinds of nice things to say about him, and so Angelina Jolies and so many others.
The men. that are now acting as if they didn't know anything before. what hypocrites.
As a female I am glad that he is getting what he deserves, but I am not condoning the actions of these women that waited what 20years to come out and say something about that.

It looks to me as if they think that they are now neting an acknowledgement of their sexual harassment.
I would have a law, that there should be a statue of limitation's in which anyone cannot accuse of anyone regarding sexual arrangement. and it will be within a period of 5 years, If In that time they cannot make up their minds, then forget it.

A good point. Many forget that the "casting couch" can be a two-way street.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 13 (58 Views)

jimc91 wrote:

Most thinking adults that were paying attention during the run up to the primaries and the general election discovered just how corrupt and biased both the NYT and NBC have become.  They left journalism behind and decided to practice outright collusion with both the Clinton campaign and the DNC.

The MSM for the most part is nothing more that a PAC for the DNC and constantly shovel propaganda to intentionally hurt Republicans and especially President Trump.

The good news is that most people don't pay them very much attention anymore.

I sure miss Walter Cronkite.  He reported the news without personal bias.  

Integrity is an anomaly in the news business today.

If NBC had announced this story you would have called it Fake News.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 13 (67 Views)

jimc91 wrote:

Most thinking adults that were paying attention during the run up to the primaries and the general election discovered just how corrupt and biased both the NYT and NBC have become.  They left journalism behind and decided to practice outright collusion with both the Clinton campaign and the DNC.

The MSM for the most part is nothing more that a PAC for the DNC and constantly shovel propaganda to intentionally hurt Republicans and especially President Trump.

Your post really misses the story totally. What is the difference between what Trump did with women and what Weinstein did? I seem to recall there were close to 50 women who told us what Trump did starting well over a year ago. Trump first wife said he raped her, and after she was paid off said no more. We have the tape where Trump tells all how he groped women. Yet in spite of all of this people supported him, and voted for him to be President. By doing that those people told all they approved of this type of conduct. Now they all want to come out of the woodwork to say how bad Weinstein conduct was. They have no right to attack anyone else after supporting Trumps conduct with women which was the same as Weinsteins. One thing it does prove is what a bunch of phonies his supporters are and no one should bieleve anything they say. Who did you vote for?

Message 6 of 13 (77 Views)

VIMTSTL
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 13 (85 Views)

Obviously, this guy is scum. no doubt about that. but, I do have a big problem with many of the females that now have come up stating that they were harassed  etc.
Why didn't they say anything when it happened? did their carriers meant a lot more than the sexual harassment?

Wyneth Paltrow is now claiming that she suffered sexual harassment in the hands of this guy.

But she is forgetting that after that incident she worked for him in Shakespeare in Love which won her an Oscar and she only had all kinds of nice things to say about him, and so Angelina Jolies and so many others.
The men. that are now acting as if they didn't know anything before. what hypocrites.
As a female I am glad that he is getting what he deserves, but I am not condoning the actions of these women that waited what 20years to come out and say something about that.

It looks to me as if they think that they are now neting an acknowledgement of their sexual harassment.
I would have a law, that there should be a statue of limitation's in which anyone cannot accuse of anyone regarding sexual arrangement. and it will be within a period of 5 years, If In that time they cannot make up their minds, then forget it.

Message 8 of 13 (87 Views)

Acquisitions

NBCUniversal NBCUniversal Television Group

[4]

( " Eat Tic Tacs - Grope Woman - Become President " ) " - Anonymous

Message 9 of 13 (88 Views)

Universal Parks & Resorts

Universal Filmed Entertainment Group

[ Edited ]
Message 10 of 13 (89 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

mickstuder wrote:

Liberals shouldn't be fooled by the Main Stream Media into thinking they are Totally Righteous just because they do a Reasonable Hit Job on Trump

It's kind of unfair to assume that "liberals" are "fooled by mainstream media into thinking they are totally righteous".

Most know that the media as a whole is a money making entity, give "liberals" or any other group that you may think 'less of' some credit. Sounds like you have a somewhat negative view of all liberals as a whole.

Any news that any of us hear today needs to be researched and I am most positive that the majority (if not most) realize this, regardless of their political persuasion. There are extremists on the Left and the Right that gravitate towards only extreme news sources on either side of the political spectrum. They are not the majority.

It also should be noted that when a President does so many negative things that many of those negative things will show up in the media. Trump is a fine example of that.

All Good Points..........................I'm sorry my Grammar is poor however and I was not referring to Liberals as Righteous I was Carping about NBC & NYT being Righteous

How Come You didn;t take a stab at answering the Question?

Y Did NYT and NBC Refuse to Publish The Weinstein Story?

The True Answer to That Question Helps To Reveal Why Liberals Tend to Believe Without Doing Any Independent or Outside Research what the Liberal Media Giants like NBC - MSNBC - New York  Times Reports - where else would you go to Fact Check these Liberal Main Stream Media Conglomerates - Fox News?

Thats the entire point - who out there in the Media is completely trustworthy - who can you count on to be trustworthy enough to be listened to when they say the First Ammendment is under attack......................none of them are saying it's under attack by Money or Profits or Powerful People - which it all is more and more

No the Liberal Main Stream Media Wants Everyone to beleive only Trump and the GOP pose a threat to the a Free Press and the Freedom of Speech

It's not just the The New York Times & NBC

NBC is Comcast - do you have any idea who and what Comcast Owns & Controls - Comcast has some kind of MEDIA Product in more than half of US Households - here are just a few

So Again the Question is -

Y Did NYT and NBC Refuse to Publish The Weinstein Story?

AND

Where are the Liberals going to Fact Check a Media Conglomerate Like Comcast which according to this list - own more than 300 seperately named business entities invloved in the MEDIA Industry

NOTE - The List of Comcast Companies is so large I had to post it in multiple posts below because it exceeded the AARP 20,000 Charcter per post limit