Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: What Kind of American uses Russian Anti-virus Software

[ Edited ]
Message 51 of 172 (173 Views)

In some cases anti virus software is unnecessary - as with my CAD-CAM, CNC, EDM and Water Jet Cutting computers that have never been connected to the net.

Other times, drives with critical data aren't connected to power until the cable modem was physically unplugged from the net prior to boot.

Always have a few 1 gig clones - this week's - last week's  and last month's - of OS and other assorted stuff on the internet computer sitting around totally disconnected from everything after being run past about a dozen different anti-virus, anti-spyware, adware, and etc and other security programs.

Problem?  shutdown, change drive, boot from new healthy drive.  

Potentially contaminated drive?

DoD 5220.22-M Data Wipe, re format and turn it into a clone to sit and wait for use again.  

Usually a new drive weekly - just for gits and shiggles...

Usually only use single pass 0(zero) low level overwrite.

Lately, SSDs make writing a new clone pretty fast.

All on the topic of anti-virus software and related issues.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 52 of 172 (239 Views)

mandm84 wrote:

Just thought I would post it for the deniers , in hopes they would actually acknowledge its existence , but of course they will side step again and again !!!

What do the top Intelligence Agencies in the World know anyways ???

"Deniers" supposedly reject massive redistribution of American wealth via a global climate change scheme. How do they get into this?? I have not heard any "denier" blame or defend computer software with regard to the climate.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 53 of 172 (269 Views)

Just thought I would post it for the deniers , in hopes they would actually acknowledge its existence , but of course they will side step again and again !!!

What do the top Intelligence Agencies in the World know anyways ???

Respected Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 54 of 172 (266 Views)

@myexper

Ok, I notice you can't add anything pertinent to the topic.  It does appear that you just want the opportunity to use such words over and over like "ludicrous", "superfluous", etc over and over.

Apparently you are also a Sarah Palin fan since you keep using her 'you betcha' phrase.   This in additon to ignoring the topic and making pointed remarks about others.  Never nothing about the topic. 

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 55 of 172 (254 Views)

mandm84 wrote:

Politifact confirms 17 Intelligence Agencies blame Russia. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/19/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-blame...

Ok, what does that have to do with Kaspersky's anti-virus?  Are you aware that all anti-virus software reports back to the maker?  They do this in reporting new virus signatures they come across so they can be examined to add to updates.  You also an expert on software like the other poster thinks he/she is?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 56 of 172 (241 Views)

mandm84 wrote:

Politifact confirms 17 Intelligence Agencies blame Russia. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/19/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-blame...

Did they say it was done via the anti-virus software (the topic)??

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 57 of 172 (228 Views)

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

mickstuder wrote:

There is a BIG BIG difference between Politics and Security.................

There is also a difference between taking advice from anonymous posters with unknown technical expertise on a public discussion forum, mostly with a political bias,  and politicians or from computer experts on highly regarded technical publications.

I'll take the experts anytime.

Anytime Tex?  Yet you denied the results of 17 U.S. "expert"  Intelligence Agencies relative to Russian to believeinterference.

See - you learn something new each day. For example, I was not aware that the 17 U.S. "expert' Intelligence Agencies had pointed out the cabal of PCMagazine, Staples, Walmart, Amazon, etal were all out to destroy our nation.

Well - If that's what you "learned" then it's what you taught yourself as no here, other than yourself of course,  made such a ludicrous statement! 

Agreed - "ludicrous" (the word of the day). And who was it that brought the intel community and the elections into the discussion?

The word "ludicrous" was used to describe YOUR  assertion that "17 U.S. "expert' Intelligence Agencies had pointed out the cabal of PCMagazine, Staples, Walmart, Amazon, etal were all out to destroy our nation."

Those were YOUR words and not mine rk. So stop putting your words into my posts!

I don't recall initiating the reference to the 17 agencies. Please refresh my memory. Or.......we could get off the pettiness and get back to the software (the topic).

The "initial reference" of the 17 U.S. Intelligence Agencies was applied to another poster's assertion. You lifted it from its context and fallaciously applied it to your ludicrous assertion.

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

mickstuder wrote:

There is a BIG BIG difference between Politics and Security.................

There is also a difference between taking advice from anonymous posters with unknown technical expertise on a public discussion forum, mostly with a political bias,  and politicians or from computer experts on highly regarded technical publications.

I'll take the experts anytime.

Anytime Tex?  Yet you denied the results of 17 U.S. "expert"  Intelligence Agencies relative to Russian to believeinterference.

See - you learn something new each day. For example, I was not aware that the 17 U.S. "expert' Intelligence Agencies had pointed out the cabal of PCMagazine, Staples, Walmart, Amazon, etal were all out to destroy our nation.

Well - If that's what you "learned" then it's what you taught yourself as no here, other than yourself of course,  made such a ludicrous statement! 

Agreed - "ludicrous" (the word of the day). And who was it that brought the intel community and the elections into the discussion?

The word "ludicrous" was used to describe YOUR  assertion that "17 U.S. "expert' Intelligence Agencies had pointed out the cabal of PCMagazine, Staples, Walmart, Amazon, etal were all out to destroy our nation."

Those were YOUR words and not mine rk. So stop putting your words into my posts!

I don't recall initiating the reference to the 17 agencies. Please refresh my memory. Or.......we could get off the pettiness and get back to the software (the topic).

The "initial reference" of the 17 U.S. Intelligence Agencies was applied to another poster's assertion. You lifted it from its context and fallaciously applied it to your ludicrous assertion.

So it appears that I did not initiate the reference to the 17 agencies as you asserted and wasted much posting space on.

So, do you want to talk about the software? If not, as always, feel free to waste more space on inane personal jazz and I guarantee you "the last word".

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 58 of 172 (230 Views)

SourceURL:https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/10/21/17-intelligence-agencies-russia-b... Yes, 17 intelligence agencies really did say Russia was behind hacking

He 's endured more trauma in 6 months than most people do in a lifetime. Now he's fighting for change.Humankind

Donald Trump’s claim that the United States has "no idea" who is behind recent email hacks is just not true.

The fact-checking website Politifact says Hillary Clinton is correct when she says 17 federal intelligence agencies have concluded that Russia is behind the hacking.

“We have 17, 17 intelligence agencies, civilian and military who have all concluded that these espionage attacks, these cyber attacks, come from the highest levels of the Kremlin. And they are designed to influence our election. I find that deeply disturbing,” Clinton said during Wednesday's presidential debate in Las Vegas.

Trump pushed back, saying that Clinton and the United States had “no idea whether it is Russia, China or anybody else.”

But Clinton is correct. On Oct. 7, the Department of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence issued a joint statement on behalf of the U.S. Intelligence Community. The USIC is made up of 16 agencies, in addition to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 59 of 172 (226 Views)
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 60 of 172 (227 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

myexper wrote:

As you have asserted, in this topic, that you only rely on information from "experts", why did you deny the results from the "experts' of 17 U.S. Intelligence Agencies?

First, this is not about personalities, however I do have a son and a brother with long time experience in the IT field, besides myself.  (and you just said "it's not about personalties" .... you betcha Tex!) I get my information from technical sources and not from mainstream media.  Those technical sources have not mentioned anything about software 'calling home', but highly recommend Kasperskys anti-virus.

Further there has been a failure to list these '17 U.S. intelligence agencies and what they have released (Not True) concerning the softward's use, onlyremarks by politicians (Not True).  So unless their specific warnings can be specifically be sourced regarding the software, then perhaps we should leave them out of the discusion? (To evade your contradiction)

And further, can we leave any pointed remarks about others and stick to the topic?   (only if you heed your advice) Not all of us are here to engage in that type of discussions which are basically partisan based. (How is that Tex?)

Accusatory, self righteous and self serving ..... and basically a whole lotta superfluous verbiage just to evade a question Tex.

So, once again ..... As you have asserted, in this topic, that you only rely on information from "experts", why did you deny the results from the "experts" of 17 U.S. Intelligence Agencies?