Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: What Kind of American uses Russian Anti-virus Software

Message 161 of 172 (149 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

mickstuder wrote:

There is a BIG BIG difference between Politics and Security.................

There is also a difference between taking advice from anonymous posters with unknown technical expertise on a public discussion forum, mostly with a political bias,  and politicians or from computer experts on highly regarded technical publications.

I'll take the experts anytime.

I've recommended you read the article - I've even posted a few - Bread Crumbs to get you going in the correct direction......................

NEWSFLASH - until you can produce your own credible experts who can discredit what every Director of every Major US Intelligence Agency has testified under oath too - until you can produce credible experts that can dispute the Bi-Partisan Legislation that is currently being discussed in Congressional Committees and on it's way to becoming US Law....................

Then once again you are simply - offering us outdated reruns off your favorites list

( " Eat Tic Tacs - Grope Woman - Become President " ) " - Anonymous

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 162 of 172 (158 Views)

mickstuder wrote:

There is a BIG BIG difference between Politics and Security.................

There is also a difference between taking advice from anonymous posters with unknown technical expertise on a public discussion forum, mostly with a political bias,  and politicians or from computer experts on highly regarded technical publications.

I'll take the experts anytime.

Message 163 of 172 (200 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

Do you use Kapersky anti-virus? 

Not pertinent to the discussion, but no, the anti-virus I use is Microsoft Windows native anti-virus/anti-malware program Windows Defender.  But the only reason I do so is because I've found that most anti-virus programs furnish unwanted features that can't be turned off.    In addition they have a tendency to interfere with other programs.  I have used AVG and AVAST and found they tend to do this.  Additionally I use an anti-ransomware program that resides covertly on my computer.

But that said, I would take the word of prominent computer technical magazines review of these programs rather than that of politically biased posters on a discussion group.  All three of these programs come highly recommended by computer experts.

[ Edited ]
Message 164 of 172 (206 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

NerdyMom wrote:
However, didn't his son get kidnapped a few years ago and didn't the FSB help find him?  

I can totally see the FSB holding that over Kaspersky to get what they want.   The cynical side of me can also see the FSB setting up the kidnapping in the first place.....

Wouldn't our FBI do the same if an executive's son, or anyone elses for that matter?  Aren't you dealing in conspiracy theories here?  As far as cybersecurity and American competence there is much behind the secrecy curtain that we are not aware of, been there done that years ago.  

And why has American software experts been recommending this software for years?  If there was something devious, I'm sure that our coding experts would have picked it apart years ago.

Regarding Apple, I believe that there was a feature in the phone that would have affected the information if attempts to open it was made.

And why has American software experts been recommending this software for years?  If there was something devious, I'm sure that our coding experts would have picked it apart years ago.

The Same Reason Phillip Morris put Chemicals in their Products to addict & that killed Americans for a Hundred Years and Lied about it 

The same reason Pacific Gas & Electric were willing to Kill Americans and Lie about it 

Money - American Corporations are no more Loyal to America or Americans than any other InterNational Corporation 

You cannot be this Naive..............................

Things Change - Technology Improves - Good Things Are Re-examined and Kapersky Labs products went from Good to Bad like so many others not because the Product doesn;t do what it says because it does what it doesn;t say as well 

Message 165 of 172 (201 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

mickstuder wrote:

Not only do Millions of Americans Purchase this Software and run it on their Computers - the US Government has thousands of copies of Kapersky Anti-virus running on Government Computers - some in crtitical infrastructure 

Kapersky Anti-virus has been among the highly recommended anti-virus softwares for years, along with AVG and AVAST.  Now it is suddenly became a political football?   And mostly among those who are not that computer literate.

Now we are moving back to the McCarthy era with the 'red scare' and the phrase "The Russians are Coming!!  The Russians are Coming!!"?

There is a BIG BIG difference between Politics and Security...............................it used to be Safe to Travel to Places like Venezuela & Morocco .................................things change & Americans have to be able to adapt to current events - Americans who cannot bring themselves to get extricated from their Nice Comfortable Make Beleive World of Living in the Past are obvioulsy not being Realistic...............

The US Intelligence Agency Directors are all part of the Trump Administration - Trump Loves Putin & Russia just like Snowden & many of the other American Traitors............they certainly were not on Team Trump when they were Testifying Recently about what a Dangerous Product Kapersky Labs Software is for any American to be running on their Personal Computers

Facts Do Matter - Read the Article - Do Some Research - USED TO BE GREAT - EVERYONE IS DOING IT - Is Not Reality

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 166 of 172 (209 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

mickstuder wrote:

Not only do Millions of Americans Purchase this Software and run it on their Computers - the US Government has thousands of copies of Kapersky Anti-virus running on Government Computers - some in crtitical infrastructure 

Kapersky Anti-virus has been among the highly recommended anti-virus softwares for years, along with AVG and AVAST.  Now it is suddenly became a political football?   And mostly among those who are not that computer literate.

Now we are moving back to the McCarthy era with the 'red scare' and the phrase "The Russians are Coming!!  The Russians are Coming!!"?

Do you use Kapersky anti-virus? 

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"

Message 167 of 172 (191 Views)

NerdyMom wrote:
However, didn't his son get kidnapped a few years ago and didn't the FSB help find him?  

I can totally see the FSB holding that over Kaspersky to get what they want.   The cynical side of me can also see the FSB setting up the kidnapping in the first place.....

Wouldn't our FBI do the same if an executive's son, or anyone elses for that matter?  Aren't you dealing in conspiracy theories here?  As far as cybersecurity and American competence there is much behind the secrecy curtain that we are not aware of, been there done that years ago.  

Regarding Apple, I believe that there was a feature in the phone that would have affected the information if attempts to open it was made.

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 168 of 172 (195 Views)

I am very concerned with the broader issue of our expertise, or lack thereof, in cybersecurity.   I feel like this is a timebomb waiting to go off and really do us some serious damage.   

Was it the San Bernardino shootings where the FBI wanted Apple to unlock the terrorists' phones?    It was some incident like that, and Apple refused.   We had to get an Israeli security firm to do it. 

My question is, why doesn't our government have that expertise?   

So yeah, I am concerned that we are not savvy enough to detect threats from programs such as Kaspersky.   Is Kaspersky doing something underhanded?  I have no idea.   He seems to be an upstanding guy and cares about business ethics with respect to staying away from governments in general.  However, didn't his son get kidnapped a few years ago and didn't the FSB help find him?  

We need to get our own cyber expertise in shape.   Fast.  

Message 169 of 172 (197 Views)

mickstuder wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 170 of 172 (201 Views)

As to the basic question - probably an American who goes to PC magazine for advice.

I fail to see any rational connection to Hillary's emails.