The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: What Kind of American uses Russian Anti-virus Software

Message 91 of 172 (149 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Your opinion - one which I do not accept.

Of course you don't, to be expected.  However of course doubtful you're that knowledgable.

"of course" - an opinion lacking supporting scientifically valid factual data to validate it.

I think that is very, very impressive. If I understand you correctly, you do have scientifically valid factual date to validate the fact that a Russian software firm, PC Magazine, Staples, Walmart, Amazon, the Birchers, Richard Wolffe (famous Bircher), the Iluminati, among others all conspired to sell software to unsuspecting American consumers in order to have Hillary not win the election.

Is that correct???

I believe that you've misread/misunderstood what I posted.

Are you able to quote a portion of my post where I said I had scientific proof?

Didn't think you could - because I never posted that.

I posted the entirely truthful observation that TxGrandpa2's post stating that I might not be "that knowledgeable" is devoid of supporting scientifically valid factual data to validate that opinion.

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 92 of 172 (150 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Of course you don't, to be expected.  However of course doubtful you're that knowledgable.

"of course" - an opinion lacking supporting scientifically valid factual data to validate it.

I think that is very, very impressive. If I understand you correctly, you do have scientifically valid factual data to validate the fact that a Russian software firm, PC Magazine, Staples, Walmart, Amazon, the Birchers, Richard Wolffe (famous Bircher), the Iluminati, among others all conspired to sell software to unsuspecting American consumers in order to have Hillary not win the election.

Is that correct???

Message 93 of 172 (158 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 94 of 172 (165 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

Message 95 of 172 (168 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Declined to use it because it conflicted with so much other functional and useful software and wouldn't allow lots of other software to run alongside it.

AVG and AVAST anti-virus, including other similar programs does the same.  Nothing dubious.

Message 96 of 172 (172 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

Declined to use it because it conflicted with so much other functional and useful software and wouldn't allow lots of other software to run alongside it.

AVG and AVAST anti-virus, including other similar programs does the same.  Nothing dubious.

[ Edited ]
Message 97 of 172 (174 Views)

Highly suspicious.

It failed to appear to be honest and honorable, and so I haven't ever used it.

Message 98 of 172 (178 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

But in the case of Der Trumper, it's no doubt because his buddy Vlad gave him a great deal on security systems to install in the WH and Pentagon, and we know how lil' Donny LOVES a tremendous deal.

Doubt any of this has anything to do with "Der Trumper" but apparently some are able to make anything have to do with 'Der Trumper', even the sunshine and the rain.

As far as this particular software and the other stuff the poster brought up, perhaps they should read the biography of Kaspersky they would find that he is a programming genius.  As far as Russian hardware, I wouldn't sell it short either.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 99 of 172 (185 Views)

Using anti-virus software from the Russian Government seems a bit suicidal, BUT if it's from software designers who happen to be Russian but are not connected to their Government, probably a reasonable idea. See, all during the Cold War, Russian programmers had to deal with vastly inferior HARDWARE, so they became amazingly good at writing really "tight" code, so much so the end result was their inferior hardware could produce results very similar to our much more advanced chip technology.

But in the case of Der Trumper, it's no doubt because his buddy Vlad gave him a great deal on security systems to install in the WH and Pentagon, and we know how lil' Donny LOVES a tremendous deal.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 100 of 172 (186 Views)

It is considered reputable, personally I only use it some of the time, I also use the child molesters software "McAffee". I also use around 20 other anti-virus,malware, spyware, rootkit , etc. softwares.

You use what gets the job done.

On my own computers, I've only use one software for PC's. 

One for Apples, 

and another for each Operating System , I'm supposed to keep using.

Wish it could be one software to rule them all, that isn't happening.

* Too date just for interest, the GOP-types use Kaspersky for their first line defense. Reasoning it's what we used at work. As a side comment - Anthem just got hacked, there may be some changes to some health care industry antivirus programs.

https://www.scmagazine.com/anthem-reports-18500-members-involved-in-new-data-breach/article/678483/

But, so wasn't the WH by phishing expeditions from the UK.

http://shareblue.com/trumps-obsession-with-emails-backfires-as-white-house-officials-jeopardize-emai...

And in lighter news voting machines were hacked at a DEF-CON competition in Vegas, 5 minutes - 90 minutes, to proof of concept.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/07/29/us_voting_machines_hacking/

Don't you all feel much safer now, maybe I can afford that new boat this year.