AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: ‘We’re Going to Have Great Health Care Across State Lines’

Message 1 of 17 (27 Views)

Orwell's term 'doublethink' was brought up in another topic.  It was right on the money.  Those who employ it likely 'believe' what they say when they say it.  What makes it worse is that both 'the donald' and his acolytes do this knowing full well what they say is not true before and after it's said.

That's a lie. 

Books have been published about lies 'the donald' has told throughout his known public life. There is ONLY one intended beneficiary of those lies. That's 'the donald'.  I suspect his acolytes tag along like remora follow a shark because of the leftovers.  It's what they do.  

'He' lies, his acolytes do too. Of course, they do.  Makes perfect sense.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 2 of 17 (56 Views)

It does not promote better health care for seniors at all.  Some states only allow really cheap what they call coverage-but not much is covered.  The orange blockhead in the White House just wants the word Obama taken out of anything.  he has no knowledge of healthcare and comparing to other countries ie Canada which people keep referring to is they have tier healthcare which means unless you have tons of money you are tier 3 the lowest one and good luck getting an appointment anywhere.  He is for corporate only-make money the rest can go kick a can.

He does not even know that PR is part of America but they should fend for themselves-

He signed an executive order? doesn't that need anyone's approval?

ok I am done rambling.  I worked in healthcare; to attempt to fix the existing system get rid of the fraud claims the inflated charges that a simple would care dressing is so inflated I had to bill $6.95 for a covering that cost $.95.  I know because I also did the ordering.  

I just want to be on the fraud committee and through out all the scumbags that we are paying for.

thats if for now on this topic

bayside21
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 17 (82 Views)

It's easy to see that the poster of this topic did ZERO research into what this EO will do.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 17 (92 Views)

Richva wrote:

I have seen some of these policies in action. Pay premiums for years and then find out nothing is covered. Way to go Donnie. 

Insurance is regulated by each state and they have laws about. The Feds passed some laws as part of the ACA which overruled a few of them to make health care work in all states. States went to court and won on the Medicaid part and that is why you have some of the problems in the ACA today. Trump issued an Exc. order. That is not a law and states will go to court. Trumps plan will increase total medical spending. It just pushes who pays what around. Young pay less, older pay more. Pre Ex will come back and more people will not be able to afford insurance so will use ER care the most expense type there is, and we will all pay more in higher premiums, increased taxes. Insurance Cos can sell in every state now on an Indv. basis. All they have to do is meet state requirements and that includes that they will be able to pay claims and not go bankrupt. If Trump wins that all ends and so do the protections everyone in here gets from the state making sure the Carrier does no cheat to get business. By the way what Trump wants to do will effect all lines of Insurance over time (life, homeowners, Liab., Long Term Care, Car, etc.. One area the states watch is reserves as there are some which could be nothing more than a guess by the Carrier. IBNR reserve is one. The Carrier can use reserves to fake a profit, or loss. Now they have to do these reserves according to a standard formula. You will see Insurance Cos. going to states with the weakest laws and some states will end laws about insurance to get them to move. Yes you will all in time feel it, and sadly the chances are you will not like what happens. Insurance Cos. were put under state control years ago due to how they were run, and how they hurt people. What was see is the far right at work hurting the average person as they always do, and using a President with mental problems to carry it out. Now post and talk all you want as it is cheap now but all of us are going to pay a price for Trumps stupidity. Even his supporters will be hurt, but they will just make stupid claims on what happened and not understand they caused it by voting for him. They say it can take up to 2 years for what he wants to happen at the earliest so you have time to wake up and fight to stop it, or you can pay the price which you will not like.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 17 (106 Views)

I have seen some of these policies in action. Pay premiums for years and then find out nothing is covered. Way to go Donnie. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 17 (118 Views)

jimc91 wrote:

Such a simple little change that costs our government nothing.  Promotes competition among insurance companies.   The clear winner are the American people.  Currently some counties have no choices or only one choice.  This is a good thing.

Think about all of the groups that will be created.  A smart solution.

Trump winning for the American people.

Lets do this tax cut.

Jim  have you really done some research as to what this executive order is going to do and the problems that it will create?
Look,  I wish that it was that simple. but it is not. I am not going to waste my time in telling you what it will do or not do. That is your job not mine.
In the meanwhile, research, see what really is going on and then come back here and post whatever you want to post, but, with some knowledge behind your posts.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 17 (148 Views)

Snoopy48 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Wednesday on Fox News Channel’s “Hannity,” President Donald Trump offered a preview of his forthcoming action on health care.

Part of that Trump said would involve the ability to purchase health insurance coverage across state line boundaries.

“We are going to have great health across state lines,” Trump said. “It will cost the government nothing. Private insurance — incredible health care. I tell you what, this will take it and I can sign it myself, I don’t need anybody. I would have done it earlier, except I was hoping they were going to put this through and we would have it in the bill. We are signing tomorrow a health care package that will cover — people say 30 percent or 25 percent in some people say 50 percent. It will cover a large percentage of people.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Makes sense...  Go for it President Trump!

What happened to states’ rights? Currently insurance companies can sell in any state they want to as long as they meet the regulations of the state. 

So Trump is going to sign “a health care package that will cover - people [what people] say 30 percent or 25 percent” what about the other 70 or 75 percent?

What Republicans have been pushing is a Rush To The Bottom by allowing Insurance Companies in the LEAST regulated State to peddle their worthless wares EVERYWHERE.

To understand how this will work for the 99%, consider how wonderful it's been since Credit Card Companies were given this same "right" and eliminated all constraints on how much interest they charged and added whatever fees and penalties they desired because that was okay in ONE State - South Dakoda -the one the Companies all claimed to be located in, just in case you wondered why that's where you send all your payments these days.

Just one more love-tap from a Republican dominated SCOTUS - Thanks again Hillary Haters for making sure that's what we'll have for many decades to come.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 17 (145 Views)

The only people who will benefit from this are the ones taking your money. But some folks need a 2x4 alongside the head to see the light.

Message 9 of 17 (155 Views)

Such a simple little change that costs our government nothing.  Promotes competition among insurance companies.   The clear winner are the American people.  Currently some counties have no choices or only one choice.  This is a good thing.

Think about all of the groups that will be created.  A smart solution.

Trump winning for the American people.

Lets do this tax cut.

VIMTSTL

Message 10 of 17 (172 Views)