The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: We need a massive upgrade of our infrastructure

[ Edited ]
Message 21 of 44 (84 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I see many of the liberals are quite confused AGAIN. Trump's plan cuts all peoples taxes EXCEPT those paying none right now. I wouldn't ever dream that a liberal would ever understand this concept.

You are wrong. Trump's plan does not cut taxes for all except those that pay none. As usual reality is giving you trouble.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 44 (83 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

CriticalThinking wrote:

I don't understand where NH is on this issue. During the campaign, he said he wanted Trump to reduce the deficit. I advised him Trump is not a republican, he's a big government spender, so we will NOT see deficit reduction during a Trump presidency.

You are again confusing deficit and debt. My concern has always been debt. I would like to see deficits lower or non existent but if the real goal is decreasing the national debt, then it is worth a short term deficit. That HAS and always was my position.

Trump's tax plan will increase the deficit and thus the debt, so according to what you claim, you shouldn't be supporting Trump.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 44 (83 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:

I don't understand where NH is on this issue. During the campaign, he said he wanted Trump to reduce the deficit. I advised him Trump is not a republican, he's a big government spender, so we will NOT see deficit reduction during a Trump presidency.

CT, I understood the NH declaration to me was all-inclusive. The deficit is not important.  He has no intention of paying anything unless he chooses to.  Read that thing again.  See if that isn't what he said.  You, I might listen to.....him, not so much.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 44 (94 Views)

Let's rebuild our infrastructure the same way our grandparents built it in the first place - Repeal the Reagan Taxscam and use the $1.4TRILLION in additional revenue to fix what Republicans allowed to turn to dust.

It Grandpa had allowed Congress to assist in the rape and pillage of the middle class by the Oligarchs instead of STOPPING it, we would never have had the schools, hospitals, roads, bridges, dams, harbors and airports now in such need of repair.

We also would not have a Middle Class to worry about disappearing.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 44 (100 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Richva wrote:

Our roads have so many potholes they are destroying our cars. Our airports have no place for GPS technology and air traffic controllers depend on corkboards to track planes. Our payment systems are far behind any other developed country and many of the undeveloped ones. Our high school chemistry labs do not have working ventilation systems. Our government is about to raise the defict by $1.7 Trillion dollars for no good reason other than bread and circuses.

If you really want to claim you are patriotic or want to MAGA, you need to work for it, you need to pay for it.  Liberals understand this.

First of all, most roads/bridges belong to the respective states/counties and NOT the Federal Government. Many states have chosen to put their state gasoline tax into their general fund and then waste the general funds so there is nothing left for roads. This can be easily fixed by NOT having any funds go into the general fund and return the gasoline tax to dedicated infrastructure repair.

Giving a tax cut which will stimulate the economy, create new jobs, and generate new taxes (hopefully) will make up the $1.7 trillion dollar cost and the best thing about it is, it is OUR money in the first place and NOT the governments.

Conservatives understand this.

Too bad the Republicans can't come up with a tax plan that will cut the deficit and stimulate the economy. Too bad the Republicans, who have had the majority in Congress for 20 of the last 24 years have not had tax plans in place that would allow funding jobs programs to  modernize our infrastructure like so many other countries have. Too bad so-called conservative voters don't understand this.

The plan was to make a small sacrifice in deficit to reduce the overall debt. I wouldn't expect a liberal to understand this mechanism, but that is the theory versus Obama's strategy - to increase the debt 100% (by $10 TRILLION dollars) over eight years.

"Theory"?  That "theory has been tried (Reagan) Cutting taxes on the wealthiest has never created jobs. Demand creates jobs, not tax cuts for the wealthy. I won't expect an extreme Right Con to understand this.

I see many of the liberals are quite confused AGAIN. Trump's plan cuts all peoples taxes EXCEPT those paying none right now. I wouldn't ever dream that a liberal would ever understand this concept.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 26 of 44 (98 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:

You are again confusing deficit and debt. My concern has always been debt. I would like to see deficits lower or non existent but if the real goal is decreasing the national debt, then it is worth a short term deficit. That HAS and always was my position.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 44 (147 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

umbarch64 wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Richva wrote:

When you make a comment like "it is NOT our money", I understand where exactly you are coming from. My money isn't yours, it's NOT someone elses, it's mine. I'm choosing to NOT give it to liberal causes, I'm not volunteering my money to the government, and I'm NOT supporting any thoughtless ideas on wasting money. Do you have that straight yet? I hope you catch on that I 100% disagree that it is NOT our money.

To understand the written word, one must be able to read the written word.  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 28 of 44 (164 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Richva wrote:

Our roads have so many potholes they are destroying our cars. Our airports have no place for GPS technology and air traffic controllers depend on corkboards to track planes. Our payment systems are far behind any other developed country and many of the undeveloped ones. Our high school chemistry labs do not have working ventilation systems. Our government is about to raise the defict by $1.7 Trillion dollars for no good reason other than bread and circuses.

If you really want to claim you are patriotic or want to MAGA, you need to work for it, you need to pay for it.  Liberals understand this.

First of all, most roads/bridges belong to the respective states/counties and NOT the Federal Government. Many states have chosen to put their state gasoline tax into their general fund and then waste the general funds so there is nothing left for roads. This can be easily fixed by NOT having any funds go into the general fund and return the gasoline tax to dedicated infrastructure repair.

Giving a tax cut which will stimulate the economy, create new jobs, and generate new taxes (hopefully) will make up the $1.7 trillion dollar cost and the best thing about it is, it is OUR money in the first place and NOT the governments.

Conservatives understand this.

Too bad the Republicans can't come up with a tax plan that will cut the deficit and stimulate the economy. Too bad the Republicans, who have had the majority in Congress for 20 of the last 24 years have not had tax plans in place that would allow funding jobs programs to  modernize our infrastructure like so many other countries have. Too bad so-called conservative voters don't understand this.

The plan was to make a small sacrifice in deficit to reduce the overall debt. I wouldn't expect a liberal to understand this mechanism, but that is the theory versus Obama's strategy - to increase the debt 100% (by $10 TRILLION dollars) over eight years.

"Theory"?  That "theory has been tried (Reagan) Cutting taxes on the wealthiest has never created jobs. Demand creates jobs, not tax cuts for the wealthy. I won't expect an extreme Right Con to understand this.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 29 of 44 (176 Views)

Fishslayer777 wrote:
I live in a republican dominated county. Until recently democrats didn't even offer candidates for local elections.... until outside money came in from developers. The county I live in is a low taxed county. We generally have excellent county supplied services. We have strict building codes and strict development rules. It's a pay as you go, or build, or what ever. We do not provide corporate welfare as a rule.

The schools in the county I live in are all A rated... not some, all of them... even in the very rural agricultural areas dominated by immigrants (mostly Guatemalans and Mexicans).

Seems to me we're doing something right, in spite of being a low tax county. Out tax money doesn't get people involved, that comes from within.

I live in a county that had its last Dem congressman in the Depression. All the county offices, and most cities have R's. This county has run EXACTLY as scout layed out...from ag with some industry to depression to industrial power house and decline post nixon to a welfare county. Properties on the lake ( Michigan) had taxes raised to the point the locals with their low paying service economy jobs were forced to sell..to the wealthy. County roads have turned from paved to gravel, county workers dont make a living wage..but man if you are on the council!!. WHirlpool makes its home here, and has shipped all its manufacturing overseas, while the county buys up abandoned buildingss, the county supervisors brother renovates them on the taxpayer dime,, and sell them to whilpool for executive offices. Every town here had a top tier factory, and most were parted out and sold off by the stockholders. Thats where my best 2 jobs went. SO... yes, i see the long term effects Republcans have on local, state, and national govt.

Scout turned me on to some GREAT books on the economy, authored by Reagans frst budget director, who was my congressman  ( David Stockman) when he was picked. lenghty.. but yes..taxscam. explained in detail from an insider who quit over defciet. funny thing too..he has great ideas on how to handle people in  a poverty trap too.

So it begins.
Trusted Social Butterfly

We need a massive upgrade of our infrastructure

Message 30 of 44 (151 Views)